Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Forty0z's Fitness/Food Journal

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No slimfast, it's mostly sugar and thus not in your 'allowed foods' list :). Have solid food as in the guidelines above (meat, eggs, veg..).

Don't worry about counting or measuring, just go by hunger right now. It's hard coming off a higher carb diet onto a lower carb one and it may take a couple of weeks to adjust (or possibly sooner - depends on a few things).

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, ditched the Slimfast I had and made a quick run to the gas station for beef jerkey, peanuts, and one of those long meat stick things they have. Should I be worried about sodium and the preservatives these things surely had? (for future reference)

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forty0ztoFreedom said:
Should I be worried about sodium and the preservatives these things surely had? (for future reference)
from a point of view of weight loss? no. from a point of view of health? maybe, but it depends how anal you want to be. I wouldn't worry about them right now.

U

user43770

I would eat beef jerky all day long if it wasn't so expensive.

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah fair enough Alex. You should know how I like to analyze things by now, so I actually enjoy looking at what is in my food. ;)

"Green Tea Extract (45% EGCG, 80% Polyphenols), Yerba Mate Leaf Powder (Ilex Paraguariensis),Natural Caffeine, Caffeine Anhydrous, 7-Keto (3-Acetyl-7-Oxo-Dehydroepiandrosterone), P-Synephrine (Advantra-Z), Bioperine (Piper Nigrum) Fruit, T3/cAMP Activator Bend: L-Tyrosine, Guggul Lipid Extract (2.5% Guggulsterone), Evodia Rutaecarpa Extract (10% Evodiamine), Clary Sage Powder, Coleus Forskohlii (Forslean 10%). Cognition Complex: Xanthinol Nicotinate, Bacopin (20% Extract), Vinpocetine. Other Ingredients: Gelatin Capsule, Rice Bran, Magnesium Stearate, Titanium Dioxide, FD&C Red No 40, FD&C Yellow No. 6 and FD&C Blue No. 1."

Wow that is a lot of stuff. You could take the time yourself and research every one of those, but I don't think the pills will make that much of a difference. The main ingrediant in most fat loss pills is caffiene, which you would get if you drink tea.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Throttle said:
You. Stop posting nonsense.

How is telling someone to eat almonds instead of jerky "non-sense?" Almonds are a much healthier source of protein than beef jerky.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Almonds are an inferior source of protein to beef jerky as they are an incomplete protein. They're a fat source with the added bonus of some protein and fibre. Beef jerky is meat, therefore primarily a protein source, you can't really compare the two.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are looking at just protein, then yes beef jerky would be the way to go. But if you eat higher quantities of nuts in addition to other sources of nutrients to complete the protein, you can have a much healthier diet.

edit: you could make the same argument for bacon, it also is meat and is primarily a protein source, yet most nutritionists would agree that making it a staple in your diet would not be healthy choice. You also have to consider that not all meats are made equal, generally chicken(another alternative to jerky) is healthier than, say, hamburger.

simon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Quality, natural beef jerky shouldn't contain any trans fats apart from minute traces of naturally occuring CLA.

Bacon is a healthy choice apart from the nitrates used to preserve it. You can easily make your own bacon with a pork belly and some salt if you want to avoid nitrates.

Chicken with skin on and hamburger with fat retained are both healthy.

Judging by the breakfast you listed in your thread, SharinganUser, your diet is crap:

"hmm, last two days for breakfast I had a bowl of rice crispies mixed with a cup of strawberries, and either a glass of milk or OJ."

Stop spreading misinformation, do some research and sort out your own diet before you try to correct the dietary habits of others.

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, its hard to find time to post on weekends but I'm gonna stick to it.

Yesterday I came home form work and had a strip of pork with onions. Hit the treadmill for 35 minutes (28 minutes jogging).

I got a bottle of Green Tea at the convienience store and a bag of cashews.

Hung out at brothers house . . his wife made a bunch of stuff and I was starving, so I went with these baked buffalo tenders she made . . Had 4 of them.

I'm guessing buffalo sauce isn't good? What about the blue cheese?

Had some drinks . . Vodka and diet tonic water there, then 3 rum and diet cokes at the bar. (The drinking is gonna be hardest to control as my whole social life revolves around it).

Had a yogurt for breakfast. Came home and had 3 eggs, scrambled with salsa and cheese, and 3 pieces of pork for lunch.

No time to workout today!

For the first time, I understand how some people have trouble eating a lot, because when there isn't time and you can't snack on carbs, its fvcking hard.

How am I doing? Brutal honesty is appreciated.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If buffalo sauce is just butter and hot sauce then it's fine. Blu cheese is also fair game. Make sure the bottle of green tea you bought doesn't have added sugars.

The drinks is the only bad thing, if it's such an integral part of your social life then you need to start drinking just diet soda or something. It will hold back your weight loss if you overdo it. You can still have a good time without drinking alcohol. Consider the drinking session a 'free meal' so you only get one this week.

One more thing - you had a yogurt for breakfast and then pork, eggs and cheese for lunch. You need to eat more at breakfast as it is that meal which sets up your metabolism for the day. Big breakfast = higher metabolism in the morning and more energy for daily activities leading to even more caloric expenditure.

Other than that you're doing good. :) But add some green vegetables in there. As many as you can handle.

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey you know what? You're right, Simon. I posted what I thought was a healthy alternative, if you can make your own healthy jerky, cool more power to you. I just don't think I should be lambasted for telling someone to eat almonds, as if I told them to drink lard.

As for my own diet I do need to improve it, but you can't analyze from one sentence and then just dismiss the whole thing. I have 1 cup of strawberry's in the morning with my cereal, so I can up my vitamin C in take. Studies have shown that people who get 1200 milligrams of C, burned up 25% more fat than those with low C intake. Because Vitamin C is crucial to making Carnitine, a substance that converts fat into fuel.

So, while my diet may not be the best, it is definitely not crap.

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, update time . .

For dinner saturday, I had some nacho sald without nachos, so just ground beef lettuce, cheese & salsa, along with 2 turkey burger patties. I also drank again . . about 6 rum and diet cokes. Had one beer earlier in the day as well. I know something has to be done about the drinking . . Got 3 parties to go to in the next 2 weekends though. Gonna have to work something out, at least until Halloween. After that it will be much easier.

Next day, slept past breakfast! For lunch, some boiled codfish & cabbage (portguese dish), and tried some squid in a redish spicey sauce. Not sure what was in the sauce . . not too worried about it though. I snacked on nuts, cheese, and lunchmeat all day . . Just picking here and there.

For dinner I had an omelette with slices of chourica in it, with cheese on top, and a 6 Buffalo Wing. I don't feel good about that . . It seems to good to be true, to be able to eat Buffalo Wings, and I feel like I was using this diet as an excuse to eat junk. This could all be in my head but I did not feel like I ate "healthy" . . Plus, who the hell knows what these restaruants put in their sauces . .

For lunch today I have some beef & barley canned soup that I'm gonna pick the potatoes out of . .

A few questions:

- What is in Tomato Sauces? Is this fair game?
- I got some Diet Green Tea, but it has high fructose corn syrup . . No good?
- When something has "sugar" in the ingredients, is it off limits? Even the beef jerkey I looked at yesterday had sugar in it. Seems very hard to avoid.
- Is there a good shake recipe, or pre-made thing I could buy like Slimfast, that would be good for a quick lunch at work every day?

"Green Tea Extract (45% EGCG, 80% Polyphenols), Yerba Mate Leaf Powder (Ilex Paraguariensis),Natural Caffeine, Caffeine Anhydrous, 7-Keto (3-Acetyl-7-Oxo-Dehydroepiandrosterone), P-Synephrine (Advantra-Z), Bioperine (Piper Nigrum) Fruit, T3/cAMP Activator Bend: L-Tyrosine, Guggul Lipid Extract (2.5% Guggulsterone), Evodia Rutaecarpa Extract (10% Evodiamine), Clary Sage Powder, Coleus Forskohlii (Forslean 10%). Cognition Complex: Xanthinol Nicotinate, Bacopin (20% Extract), Vinpocetine. Other Ingredients: Gelatin Capsule, Rice Bran, Magnesium Stearate, Titanium Dioxide, FD&C Red No 40, FD&C Yellow No. 6 and FD&C Blue No. 1."

Wow that is a lot of stuff. You could take the time yourself and research every one of those, but I don't think the pills will make that much of a difference. The main ingrediant in most fat loss pills is caffiene, which you would get if you drink tea.
Yeah . . supposedly there is something called 7Keto that does wonders, but every pill says crap like that. I'm gonna finish up this bottle, then stop and if for some reason I notice a change I'll go back on them.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forty0ztoFreedom said:
For dinner saturday, I had some nacho sald without nachos, so just ground beef lettuce, cheese & salsa, along with 2 turkey burger patties. I also drank again . . about 6 rum and diet cokes. Had one beer earlier in the day as well. I know something has to be done about the drinking . . Got 3 parties to go to in the next 2 weekends though. Gonna have to work something out, at least until Halloween. After that it will be much easier.
Food looks good, but you drank way too much. Don't have any cheat meals this week. Ideally you want your first 2-3 weeks to be completely cheat-free (if you want optimum rate of fat loss and the fastest transition onto a low carb diet) but people find this hard to do. if you want to lose fat the fastest way AND feel good doing it though, you'll cut out the alcohol. up to you - you'll still lose fat the way you're doing things but it will be slower.

Next day, slept past breakfast! For lunch, some boiled codfish & cabbage (portguese dish), and tried some squid in a redish spicey sauce. Not sure what was in the sauce . . not too worried about it though. I snacked on nuts, cheese, and lunchmeat all day . . Just picking here and there.
NEVER sleep past breakfast. If you do, eat something as soon as you get up. Breakfast is THE most important meal for losing fat successfully.

For dinner I had an omelette with slices of chourica in it, with cheese on top, and a 6 Buffalo Wing. I don't feel good about that . . It seems to good to be true, to be able to eat Buffalo Wings, and I feel like I was using this diet as an excuse to eat junk. This could all be in my head but I did not feel like I ate "healthy" . . Plus, who the hell knows what these restaruants put in their sauces . .
Sounds good. You need to decondition yourself from conventional wisdom which says that fatty foods (wings) are bad for you. Remember that conventional wisdom has produced a society where the majority of people are overweight and/or unhealthy, have screwed up hormones and diabetes, heart disease and obesity are unfortunately becoming more common. Don't feel guilty. If you're worried about restaurant sauces, ask if the particular dish is low-carb or suitable for diabetics, most restaurants have those options now.

- What is in Tomato Sauces? Is this fair game?
If it's tomatoes and seasoning, it's fine. If it's first ingredient is sugar, then it's not, so check the labels. You can get low-carb and sugarfree ketchups too. Or just make your own tomato sauce, it's really easy.

- I got some Diet Green Tea, but it has high fructose corn syrup . . No good?
High fructose corn syrup is a killer, one of the absolute worst things you can eat/drink. No good at all. Buy zero calorie bottled drinks or don't buy them at all.

- When something has "sugar" in the ingredients, is it off limits? Even the beef jerkey I looked at yesterday had sugar in it. Seems very hard to avoid.
Pretty much, yes, it's off limits - especially at your weight and with your drinking. But if we're talking about less than a gram of sugar per serving, you're okay. check the labels!

- Is there a good shake recipe, or pre-made thing I could buy like Slimfast, that would be good for a quick lunch at work every day?
You can buy zero or low carb protein powders but honestly, in your case I'd get in as much solid food as possible. Or, if you absolutely MUST (and it's best if you didn't), have a smaller solid lunch and a small liquid meal alongside it. Make your food ahead of time if necessary and take it to work with you, warm it up in the microwave or just get something that tastes good cold.[/QUOTE]

Lastly, 7-keto is a decent fat loss pill but it will not make you lose weight any quicker or better. It's really for people who are lean and trying to get leaner. In your case you won't notice a shred of difference.

You're doing well, keep it up! :)

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Last night after work I had some chicken soup (Chicken broth and chicken w/ carrots) and some nuts and slices of pepperoni. Worked out (50 minutes on the treadmill), then had dinner . . Chicken-wings, a big Salad with Light Italian Dressing (Has 2g sugars . . I know I should stay below 1g in foods but is 2 that bad?) and some broccoli w/ melted cheese.

Today I had eggs and a spicy kelbasa thing shaped like a Hot-Dog for breakfast. The fat content is still getting to me . . It still feels wrong, but I'm gonna stick with it. Its that gross, greasy feeling I guess I've conditioned myself to attribute with "bad for you." For lunch, wings from last night and another salad with the Light Italian . .

So far, I am not missing the carbs at all, which makes me fear that I must be doing something wrong. I know I sound obsessive, but you're telling me this has all been good so far? Its just weird how different I used to view healthy eating . . This is way easier so far, disturbingly so.

NEVER sleep past breakfast. If you do, eat something as soon as you get up. Breakfast is THE most important meal for losing fat successfully.
I am working on getting up earlier and eating a bigger breakfast/smaller dinner. Its been the other way around my entire life, so its going to be hard to adjust. I went years without eating breakfast at all, thinking I was a step ahead in the day by cutting the meal out entirely.

High fructose corn syrup is a killer, one of the absolute worst things you can eat/drink. No good at all. Buy zero calorie bottled drinks or don't buy them at all.
Well, I don't know what I was smoking yesterday but the Green Tea didn't have it after all. But, it turns out some yogurt I was gonna have for lunch had it (and sugar as one of its top ingredients) so I ditched it.

I was wondering what vegetables I shouldn't eat . . which ones have the bad carbs?

Thanks again, WBA

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Go with some fullfat dressing that doesn't have additional carbs instead of the light dressing. Feel free to add cheese or hardboiled eggs or sour cream or bacon bits to your salad instead. Always add a little olive oil :)

It's a GOOD thing you're not missing carbs. Why do you think you should be missing them? Missing carbs means your blood sugar levels are not stable and you're seeking a 'carb high'. If you eat enough fat and protein you won't miss carbs, which is another sign you're doing well.

Again, forget what you know about 'healthy' eating. You're on the right track. and doing well. And yes, weight loss is easy, it's very easy in fact. It just takes time which many people are not willing to invest - or are too impatient to stick with the plan and try to find the non-existent magic pill.

I am working on getting up earlier and eating a bigger breakfast/smaller dinner. Its been the other way around my entire life, so its going to be hard to adjust. I went years without eating breakfast at all, thinking I was a step ahead in the day by cutting the meal out entirely.
no offence but I still can't understand why people think this is a step ahead or a good thing or whatever. mind you I also can't understand why they try to diet and have a packet of crisps and a diet coke for lunch and wonder why they don't lose weight........

No vegetables are 'bad' but remember that root vegetables (carrots, parsnips, turnips, swede) are kinda carby - that said you'll have to eat a huge amount of them to have trouble. things to avoid (for right now at least) are corn, lentils and potatoes (which some people think are a vegetable so I thought I'd add them too).

Question(s): how much water are you drinking, and are you taking any fish oil?

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I am not taking any fish oil . . Is that really important? Where would I get it?

As for water, I'll have a glass in the morning, then I drink maybe 5-6 (on average) little plastic cups from the water cooler all day, a flavored seltzer water with lunch . . Thats just during work hours. At home I'll have a couple tall glasses before/after workouts, then probably a another seltzer water and maybe 1 or 2 tall glasses before bed . . I don't know what it adds up to, but thats what I try to aim for . .

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
seltzer water is carb free right? try to drink more water than that. at least a gallon a day.

as for fish oil, yes, it will give you tremendous benefits and aid your weight loss bigtime. it's the only supplement you need right now. you can buy it pretty much anywhere, in either pills or liquid form. read a thread on here started by KidWithSocks about fish oil/cod liver oil brands. you can also get bulk fish oil pills from Costo/Sam's Club - make sure they are 18% EPA / 12% DHA (check the label) and the pills are 1000mg each.

In your case I'd recommend a very high dose for a month and then taper down, maybe start with 45g a day (3 tbsp) then taper down to 10-15g (1 tbsp) a day. but if you just start with the lower dose you'll still get a good amount of the benefits, up to you.