Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Formal Dance from HELL…the most important Field Report you will EVER read

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
Part I.

A vacuum is a hell of a lot better than some of the stuff that nature replaces it with.
-Tenessee Williams

There are times in your life where everything will seem to go wrong, your entire world will seem to be fvcked. It’s not a question of if it will happen, it is when it will happen. But the real question is: how will you handle yourself when it does?

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
Part II

For some reason, I’ve been experiencing a run of bad luck lately. I was kicked off the track team for a BS reason, I’m plateauing in the weight room, and I’m experiencing a lot more rejection. The last is partially because I’ve intentionally gone out to raise my near-zero rejection rate which was caused by only closing girls who were obviously, blatantly interested. But even some girls who I had thought for sure would be good for at least a decent make-out session have turned me down for dates. Not that I cared overly much; my old immunity to rejection came back quickly.

I got turned down twice for dates to my school’s Winterball (formal dance) before a female friend offered to hook me up me up with her friend from another town. We exchanged pictures, and we both liked how each other looked so we agreed to go together and then sleep over our friend’s house together, whose parents weren’t home. She was good-looking but not stunningly beautiful, I’d give her a 7.

And here is where I made my first mistake. Figuring it would be too much of a pain for her to drive about 20 miles to my town and back to give the money for the ticket to me, I paid the $15 for her. This is from somebody who knows much better than to supplicate to a girl by buying her stuff like this.

We talk a few times on the phone before the dance, and she seems to be interested. I pick her up, and she smiles when she sees me and is very outgoing and flirty. The conversation on the drive over there is playful and lively. I was looking forward to a night of fun with this girl.

I introduce her to my friends at the dance. I have craploads of friends, so it was good social proof. Not only that, but another girl literally grabs my ass then jumps on my back. We get on the dance floor; I’m not a great dancer, but I can hold my own. Right away, she’s grinding her ass into me and rubbing her crotch on my leg. She goes to the bathroom a few times with our friend, and whispers a few things to her, but I didn’t see anything unusual.

So I never saw it coming. She pulls me out into the hall, and says:

“Well I don’t really know how to tell you this, but I’m just not interested in you”. I’m experienced enough with girls that even behavior this flaky didn’t surprise me, although it hurt. I told her that was fine, and that I would go dance with someone else. I kept on a mask of indifference, but underneath, it hurt.

Then she walked away. This was the critical moment of the night. I’d just been ditched by my date twenty minutes into the dance, and everybody knew about it. Me, the one who attracts girls left and right had just been played for a fool, and scammed out of $15, and everybody knew about it. A part of me wanted to sit in a stall in the bathroom for the remaining three hours of the dance and brood over my misfortune.

And whether you are an inexperienced AFC or a hardened DJ, you will undoubtedly find yourself in a similar position one day, where a girl fvcks you over so badly you feel like you’ve hit rock bottom. You will feel like shi1t, you will be angry, you will question your attractiveness. You will feel like withdrawing from everything so you can’t get hurt again.

But that’s what a b1tch would do. And you are not a b1tch, you’re a real man can never be kept from succeeding. I thought this to myself, as I took a deep breath and thrust myself into a loud conversation a group of my friends were having. I felt my confidence coming back as we laughed an genuinely had a good time. By the time the next slow song came on, my confidence had returned. Unhesitatingly, I asked the first hot girl I saw to dance. We talked a little as we were dancing, and I got her number.

And although I still had a lingering sh1t feeling inside me, it was all uphill from there. I got back on the dance floor and met some more girls. I asked another girl to dance the next slow song. We talked most of the time we danced, she had a good personality and we enjoyed ourselves. It turns out she played the leading female role in the school play. Not only that, but she was indisputably hotter than the girl who had ditched me, I would give her an 8. I asked her for her number, and she said she something going for her already. As I turned to find another girl to dance with, I almost laughed at how immune I was to these polite little rejections.

I went up to a pair of blonde twins and asked them *both* to dance with me, and they said they would, although it turns out that later I was too occupied to dance with them.

A girl who I’d nexted pulled me onto the dance floor, and just as she was, the actress girl who I’d danced with before (the 8) grabbed my other arm.

HBActress: You know that thing I had going for me I told you about? Well, it’s been officially terminated.
Dan: Oh yeah?
HBNexted: [tugging at my arm] Come on Dan, let’s go
HBActress: My number’s 123-4567 [As I’m pulled onto the dance floor]

And this was the moment of my ultimate redemption. I’d gone from being a loser whose date ditched him, to having girls pulling at me from both arms and throwing their numbers at me.

I danced with another girl after this and got rejected, then HBActress found me again and we danced for the rest of the night. As the dance gets over, I pull out my cell phone, and get her number again. After she walks away and before I can store it in my phone, it runs of out battery.

But I can laugh at my misfortune at this point. Is this all that my bad luck can throw at me? Nobody had a pen I could use, but I remembered the number and wrote it down when I got to my car, without my erstwhile date.

On the way home, I hit a pothole in the road and blew out my right front tire. I’m being completely serious. Not only that, but one of my tire nuts needed a special key to get off, which I didn’t have. I ended up waiting three hours for AAA to come and tow my car.

But, although this also sucked, I knew I could get up tomorrow and not be dragged down by it. If I could handle this night, I could handle anything.

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
Part III

Although some people will doubtlessly think that I posted this FR just to brag, I posted it because I’ve discovered there’s three types of people in this world. First there’s the type of person who will fvck you over without hesitation, like my date. Then there’s the type of person who’ll go out of their way to help you, like the people who stopped to help me with my flat. Most people fall somewhere in between, being merely self-interested. On this site, I’m hoping that we can be the second type of people, the type who genuinely care about each other. I’m aware that this forum is far from perfect, but the fact that I was able to turn tonight around was partially due to this board. Hopefully, someone will get the motivation to turn a ****ty situation around because of this post, and they’ll in turn post their experience, which might help someone else, who might in turn help me.

Honestly, it still bothers me a little that I got played so badly, even though I managed to get back on my feet and have a good time without her. But I know that this feeling will go away in a day or so, and my pride that I didn’t give in to that AFC voice within me telling me that I’m not attractive and that I should give up, that pride will remain. So if you’re at that point where you feel like you’ve hit rock bottom in whatever area of your life, I’m here to tell you: Don’t give up. Get back out there and persist, and you will succeed.

-Dan

-------------------

Never give up.

Vigilante7

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow! Genius post! Im shocked at that misfortune, and how that b1tch was like that, just know that your in the top 5% of DJ’s cause not only did u get ‘hurt’ badly several times, but you even rejected a girl…..that feeling your facing is gonna hurt for a while, but just look at ur success !! Congrats, and mos def the greatest FR ever…..This should be entered in DJ Bible as one of the greatest turnarounds ever….congrats man!

Smooth as Anything

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We have a true Don Juan here...

Good job, bro.

Psycho`Sexual

Don Juan
Reaction score
Excellent way to handle it man.

Life is like a pool of water, if you don't get new experiences (sometimes unpleasant ones), then the water will go stale, and your life is gonna stink.
I would much rather prefer a pebble get tossed into my pool just to create some waves and stir the waters. And once those waves start cresting, you have two choices...

stand awestruck and get slammed with the full force of a tsunami

-or-

think fast and grab your surfboard :)

obviously Dan knows how to surf.

Need-2-B-Pimpin

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow! Way to handle the situation, man.

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
When life throws crap at you, dodge it and make some more lemonade.

AC/DC

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You know, I wasn't planning on posting here anytime soon...

But yeah, this is awesome. I got dumped by my girlfriend two nights ago. being able to recover is very difficult. You feel so lost. That's alright though, everything is great about life, and you should always take it that way!

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies.

We can overcome any obstacle if we persist.

-Dan

Kourt

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
hey, when ur slow dancing with a chic and u got her #, howd u go about it? just say "hey we should hang out sometime, whats ur #"? oh and how would u go about writing down her # if u dont have a cell phone to record it on. just whip a pen out of ur pocket and write it on ur arm? lol who knows

Bjon

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great Post dude. Good job on the turn around. I had something like that kind of happen to me at homecoming last year. Except i didn't quite turn it around as well as you did. I only slightly turned it around, and even so it wasn't that great. I still had fun anyway though.

Kourt i actually always try to have a pen and a scratch piece of paper in my pocket all the time, cause you never know what will happen.

Anyway good post, great turn around.
Bjon

ShizamDaMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nice post man, I enjoyed reading that. Your attitude is excellent, although you were rejected hard, you got right back out there. You made the most of your night and made out with some phone numbers. That's the best attitude to have: when life gives you lemons make lemonaid (or something to that effect).

Just think, if you were stuck with the ho you originally went with you prolly wouldn't have got all those numbers :D

buckwheat18

Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah wow!, hell I give you credit man! I only hope if a situation/situations happens to me, I can have the same mindset about it. Who knows maybe that one chick who ditched you will try to call you lol, you don't need her anyways she sounds kinda like a prude. By the way nice post.

CaptainMorgan

Don Juan
Reaction score
good stuff

Phrozen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
How good of a friend is the one who set you up? It just sounds staged to me like she wanted to knock you off your high horse by having her friend ditch you at the dance. I don't know anyone who would have the guts do ditch a person for a dance if they previously agreed to go. Its not like you were ugly or smelled bad or said something incredibly mean, I think there was some undisclosed plan set up between the two.

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
UPDATE:
How good of a friend is the one who set you up? It just sounds staged to me like she wanted to knock you off your high horse by having her friend ditch you at the dance. I don't know anyone who would have the guts do ditch a person for a dance if they previously agreed to go. Its not like you were ugly or smelled bad or said something incredibly mean, I think there was some undisclosed plan set up between the two.
Either this was a really lucky guess or you have uncanny insight, because that's exactly what I found out happened today. I almost think she wanted me to find out, because she left a note to the girl who ditched me saying how their plan worked on her desk, which I read before she came back from lunch. Not only that, but she got one of the DJs (the kind that spins records, not a Don Juan I mean) to sleep over my friends house with her by telling him she was 19 (she's 16).

I'm her lab partner for physics, and my teacher won't let me switch partners because there's only eight people in my class. So, unfortunately, I'll have to bear with her for the rest of the semester.

The thing is, I can almost understand why she would do something like this. I'm friends with her because she's one of the more intelligent girls I know, and she can hold a good conversation. However, she's simply too ugly to get a quality guy (she's about 5'9'' and 75 pounds, looksl like she's anorexic). If guys who can't get girls get misogynistic, imagine how much more so it must work in the other direction when you realize there is absolutely nothing you can do about it outside of radical plastic surgery.

But regardless, I don't consider her a friend any more. I'll work with her for the sake of my grade, but that's it. I'm not going to try to take revenge in any way, I've learned that revenge is generally not worth it.

-Dan

Superman X

Banned
Reaction score
hey, when ur slow dancing with a chic and u got her #, howd u go about it? just say "hey we should hang out sometime, whats ur #"? oh and how would u go about writing down her # if u dont have a cell phone to record it on. just whip a pen out of ur pocket and write it on ur arm? lol who knows
After the song's over, pull out your cell phone and say "hey, give me your number", or "what's your number". DON'T say, "hey, we should hang out sometime". If you don't have a cell, you should carry pen and paper. If you don't have pen and paper, you can have her tell you the #, and if you know her last name and town she lives in, you can look it up on superpages.com.

Because it's not actually the digits which you want to know, it's whether she wants you to call or not which is important.

-Dan