Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Forgot her name, still call?

static

Don Juan
Reaction score
I cold approached this girl last week who was sitting at a table by herself in the university cafeteria. After a 5 minute chat, she wrote down her number for me, but without writing down her name. It sounded like Irina? or maybe Ina? I asked her what kind of name that is and she said she's Spanish. I'm leaning toward something that sounds like Irina because I just seem to remember it being more than one-syllable. I hope you guys can deduce it just from this info. Otherwise, what do you guys suggest?

Hubris

Don Juan
Reaction score
Her name is Ina. And you should call.

(No I don't actually know her name, just pretend as though you do. If you get the name wrong you can turn it into a joke. Also, she probably lives in a dorm, so if her dorm mates pick up they'll help set you straight).

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, u could convert this prob into a C&F line!

Her: Hello?

You: Hey, how are you? Listen I forgot your name coz I cant remember EVERY womens name! Its just not possible! Enlighten me?!

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by silverwex
Man, u could convert this prob into a C&F line!

You: Hey, how are you? Listen I forgot your name coz I cant remember EVERY womens name! Its just not possible! Enlighten me?!
Golden. :rolleyes: How many times has THAT worked for you?

silverwex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
that was a sarcastic comment i take it squirrels? Ah well, i tried! :) I dont use C&F so im not that much into it.

So pimp its scary

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That is always embarassing... Did she write her name ? Cause if not it just might ahve been a test to see how much you paid attention...

You could always call and just say : 'Hey, how's it going? I really had a lot of fun at XXX, what do you say we get together at XXX at XXX time?'

Most of the time, it is a losing batte... but probly worth the effort if you want.

Wong Fei Hung

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is what I did once when I had this problem :D

WFH: I like your name. What does it mean in Spanish? (She will said her name again and tell you the story.)

S

ScottWWU

This actually happens to me quite a bit because my memory isn't so great these days. Unless they have a really common name, it is easiest just to ask them how to spell it so you can put it into your cell phone or something like that. Obviously if her name is like "Sarah" or something that is going to sound stupid, but in your case it seems reasonable!

-Scott

scarlettorocker

Don Juan
Reaction score
I dunno lads, you're really wracking your brains about this one. It's nice of you that you're worried about forgetting her name, but these things happen, and if you just call her and ask to speak to Ina (it might be Inez, y'know). If you have got the name wrong, just admit it, nicely of course, perhaps adding that you hope she doesn't think you're rude for doing so, and that you'd love to take her out for coffee sometime soon. As a woman myself, I would not be offended, and if I'd given the guy my number in the first place, I would be happy for him to call me. Only a stuck-up twit would be offended, and if you're immediately pleasant towards her when you're making the call, I can't see that she wouldn't be understanding if she's a nice lady. Make that call now!

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Simple....."Hey whats going on its static, i met you in the cafeteria last XXX. You're going to have to let me know how to pronounce your name again, it isn't right to mispronounce a pretty name."

If you need to, make small talk on how it always bugged you when people forgot/mispronounced your name.

definitely call, you may get her answering machine and it'll solve the problem for you...

scarlettorocker

Don Juan
Reaction score
DarkNugg, that's so cool! It's honest and you're flattering her without being too creepy. And then let the conversation will flow...