Forget waiting X amount of time to call a chick.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
Call her when you feel like it.

Do you wait X amount of time till you feel it's "just right" or some retarded "rules" tell you when to call family, relatives, friends? Fvck no you don't. You call them when you feel like it.

Why should some stranger be any different or more important to decide when it's "right" to call?

If you get her number you call when the hell you feel like it.

Of course you don't want to wait too long as she barely knows you but there's really no absolute rule when to call. If you call the next day don't worry that it's "too soon". Just fvcking go for it.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
If you're successful enough with women that you're basically above and beyond "the rules", that's fantastic.

If you're telling someone who doesn't know what the f*ck they're doing and came here because they often fail with women to ignore "the rules".... you're probably not helping them very much...
There are no "rules" for when to call unless you put chicks over family friends, co-workers etc. do you follow "rules" or have specific times you decide you have to wait to call them? Why should any dude who meets some random chick put her above people he gives no hesitation to call?

she either likes you or she doesn't. I call when I want to. So should anyone else. I know not ONE dude I grew up with that followed "rules" on when to call. They called when they wanted to as if it was any friend, family etc.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
When I was spinning mad plates, I used to drunk dial and drunk facebook my own female friends....women in my social circles for sex because I didn't give a fvck. A female friend once told me "Every guy I ever slept with does whatever he wants."

High value guys DO NOT follow any rules. In fact, they go out of their way to BREAK rules. That is what makes them badass in the first place!
I'm not like just calling people during work hours or in the middle of the night but if it's anytime not during those times and I have their number im calling soon as I feel like it or have the time. These "rules" are like some goofy "attraction building science".

I treat chicks like anyone i know. they're no more special.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
There is no rule. I call whenever I want as well. But guys like you and I can do this because we have many other things going for us as well. A guy who fails with women all of the time has a lot of issues, one of which is usually too much excitement once the smallest hint of success comes along. i.e. desperation. It would be better for these guys to sit on that number for at least a little bit to let it blow over. Once desperation is no longer an issue, you no longer need a "rule" to correct it.

That's the idea behind this site. To correct poor tendencies and behaviors. Telling people to do whatever they want hasn't worked too well for them. That's why they're here to begin with. They did what they wanted already. They failed.

Why do so many guys here want to pretend there aren't any guys struggling and completely clueless? It's all "Hey look at me! I break the rules! F*ck the rules! You should break them all too!"

They did. They called too soon. THey waited to long. They did everything YOU are doing successfully and FAILED.
How would calling "too soon" screw up anything? it's not the calling too soon. it's the dudes own issues.

And telling a dude who has issues to act like a total weirdo with "PUA" bs isn't help at all.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
I never bought into tactics and routines. But everything you said in the above quote essentially points out issues that certain rules and principles are designed to curb and correct.

Yes, they call and act platonic. They are told not to do that here. Yes, they wait to escalate. They are told to speed that process up here, do the "kino" sh*t and so forth. Yes, they get friend zoned for being an emotional tampon. That's addressed here. And yes, they are living in quiet desperation, which is why they are told to get the f*ck out there.

Yet here you guys are saying, "F*ck all that noise. Do what you want".

Do I think guys take all this rule sh*t way too far? Absolutely. I find it very annoying in many cases. And in those cases I have stated time and time again that many principles here are merely guidelines. "Rules" that can be easily broken. But you've got to have things going for you to do that. You can't just tell clueless people to act that way and expect them to have YOUR level of success with it.
Agreed. Easy thing to get the nerves calm. Think of it as not calling the "not chick" but a friend you knew for a long time or someone you get along with on here.

I'm not talking about being some chest thumping, vine swinging Tarzan.

Dudes just have to treat these chicks no better than they would close family or friends. They are no more special.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
Exactly. And the issue is often desperation. That's why they are told to wait a little bit, to address that exact issue.

No issue? Then who the f*ck cares. Call whenever you want.

All those guys doing fancy tricks on bicycles.... do you know where they started? With training wheels when they were 5. Sosuave is the training wheels that help men learn how to strike the right balance with women. What do you do when you know how to ride a bike? You take the training wheels off.
They just need to be told the correct common sense sound advice. Not learning how to ride a trike from some whacked out clown peddling a unicycle.

easy advice is treat the chick like you would family or close friends. no pressure. If the chick throws up red flags or is off in the head then bail.

a lot of this shyt is more mental masturbation and dudes who are bitter or failing themselves giving "advice" laced with toxins because there's a lot of the misery loves company weirdos trolling the forums. That or dudes who are off in the head themselves giving "advice".

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I feel like the waiting them out thing was a gimmick that most women know about. Agree with the call/text when you want. The real point of contention is the content and the quantity. Shoot one text and wait for a response. Don't keep texting!

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
I feel like the waiting them out thing was a gimmick that most women know about. Agree with the call/text when you want. The real point of contention is the content and the quantity. Shoot one text and wait for a response. Don't keep texting!
I look at it like this. If Roober and I are cool. Yet we don't really know each other from a can of paint except for these forums. He gives me his number to BS sometime. (Assuming its not bedtime/ work hours) If I text it's going to be: Yo. I'm going to call you in 5 minutes. Pick up your phone dude.

Then I call. We either talk or I leave a message and he calls back when he gets the chance.

I realize others have a life too and don't have to trip over themselves to call me back ASAP and don't go into a nail biting paranoid frenzy.

Same with chicks. no different.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Sometimes sh*t gets overplayed, like the waiting to call thing. Sure. But it gets replaced with something else. Don't text too much! Not much of a difference there. Still a general "rule" that guys that are too eager/ too desperate/ too available should take into consideration, right? A "rule" to avoid a "problem".

If you really can do what you want, then this shouldn't be a limitation at all. You should be able to text until your heart is content and still succeed.
Agreed! But I can't tell you how many times I've heardwomen say if they give a guy an ounceofattention, he pounces on it and sends waves of attention in return

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
Agreed! But I can't tell you how many times I've heardwomen say if they give a guy an ounceofattention, he pounces on it and sends waves of attention in return
Well if you text every five minutes or keep calling every five minutes before some has a chance to call you back you're going to come across as a desperate weirdo.

shyt my friends and I get tired of talking to each other on the phone and give each other the brush off.

Calls that end with one of us asking: Times up? Yeah. ok go fvck yourself. lol. ok talk to you later / see you later.

or: alright enough of you. lol ok bye.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not convinced that it's ever in my best interest to call. Neither I am convinced that asking for a phone number is necessary.
If it's to do with old I want the number to screen them on the phone. I would never waste my time showing up for anyone I just texted online.

hiddenDJ

Reaction score
Call or text whenever you want, when a girl is into you, it is going to be pretty hard to **** it up. Keep it simple, these rules will just clutter a free mind.
However, let's be honest here, none of us are "double texting" a chick or calling multiple times, there is a line that can be crossed but you can also do the opposite, such as act TOO aloof.

Girls are different. Some girls are into you but they act cold and want you to initiate contact with them. Some girls will text you all night and all day. Due to this difference, I feel like static rules don't work because women are NOT the same.

hiddenDJ

Reaction score
I look at it like this. If Roober and I are cool. Yet we don't really know each other from a can of paint except for these forums. He gives me his number to BS sometime. (Assuming its not bedtime/ work hours) If I text it's going to be: Yo. I'm going to call you in 5 minutes. Pick up your phone dude.

Then I call. We either talk or I leave a message and he calls back when he gets the chance.

I realize others have a life too and don't have to trip over themselves to call me back ASAP and don't go into a nail biting paranoid frenzy.

Same with chicks. no different.
Why bother bs texting a girl anyway? Text, ask her out and talk when you're out. Why end up her texting buddy?

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If it's to do with old I want the number to screen them on the phone. I would never waste my time showing up for anyone I just texted online.
I am still mixed on this, but I think I would rather go for the number on OLD as well. I have tried both methods, and had mixed results. I have a great radio voice, so I am now dabbling with using that to my advantage, whichc requires getting their number and getting them on a call. Called two last night and setup a double on Wednesday...

This is a really small sample size, but I have had 2 where I only setup through OLD without phone number...
a. showed up, good time, kissed closed, gave me her number afterward through OLD... "I had a great time, heres my number..."
b. flaked, didn't show up. "I didn't hear from you so I didn't think you could make it"

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
My experience: no phone is needed to confirm.

Just email the chick via the OLD site. If she wants to meet, she will confirm. If she doesn't respond, then I won't show up.

Deeper point here: see if they offer their number without even asking. THAT is when they are chasing me. Not the other way around.
I see your point but I'm saying I prefer to screen them on the phone before I'd waste my time meeting them. And with vast experience many of them had SERIOUS, SERIOUS issues that I never bothered to meet and wound up doing something else. I was either getting more pics texted, talking etc. Not just showing up to meet a possible nutcase or some tranny, chick using pics from years ago etc.

Shift

Don Juan
Reaction score
I read some of his other stuff. This guy, this guy gets it.

9Volt

Banned
Reaction score
Why bother bs texting a girl anyway? Text, ask her out and talk when you're out. Why end up her texting buddy?
I text once. Tell them I'm calling. call and screen. don't know what the hell you're on about.

NickAdams713

Don Juan
Reaction score
Call her when you feel like it.

Do you wait X amount of time till you feel it's "just right" or some retarded "rules" tell you when to call family, relatives, friends? Fvck no you don't. You call them when you feel like it.

Why should some stranger be any different or more important to decide when it's "right" to call?

If you get her number you call when the hell you feel like it.

Of course you don't want to wait too long as she barely knows you but there's really no absolute rule when to call. If you call the next day don't worry that it's "too soon". Just fvcking go for it.

I am with you on this one.

I remember when I was learning game 15 years ago. Everyone was following this stupid "wait two days to call" after you get a girl's number crap. So the guys who were following the rule looked like...desperate rule followers. And girls knew this. So what was being gained?

So what I started doing was calling the day after I got the number. Ironically, now I looked NOT desperate and was passing the entry level shyt test.

This is metagame.