Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

For those that are in good shape (noob question)

Prodigy746

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I am in good shape but, i have six pack unitil i eat alot than my stomach gets pretty big and it seems like i have a belly. I dont focus at all on abs because i never had any problems but my question is this. If you have a six pack like this
http://images.google.com/images?cli...ial&hl=en&q=six+pack&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2

and you eat alot ... do you lose the six pack for a while or does it still look like that. I know this is prolly the craziest question you read on here but i been trying to figure it out for a while.

Sir_Turtle

Don Juan
Reaction score
Doesn't matter, if you don't eat right you're not gonna be able to maintain a six-pack. Eating right is most of the battle.

Kal0051

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
problem with 6 packs are there is a layer of fat over your ab muscles so unless you reduce your body fat you won't show much definition no matter how developed your abs are. Eating right is a big part of this, and try doing cardio.

DJ Miquelo

Don Juan
Reaction score
After you eat a good amount ur stomach is gonna expand a bit at least and this might make it look like uve got a belly.

After i eat a large amount of food my abs are a wee bit comprimised with what u describe but! u can still tell that ive got good tone there.

So in answer to your question, yeah it has a bit of an effect but if uve got good enuff tonality and a nice and low body fat percentage its not much of a problem at all (certainly not something that makes u look like a fatass).

Id recommend adding some abs exercises into your normal workout routine (if uve got one). 30 or so situps would do methinks. Depends on what ur after really!

Cableguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Like the saying goes.."abs are made in the kitchen."

needexc

Don Juan
Reaction score
just workout frequently and you will be fine, dont eat crazy amounts of fat tho, some fat cant harm you... and avoid roothbeer kinda **** you know that blows up ur belly.

i dont know if it's a myth but everytime I drink pop soda or something and my belly gets blown up I get this feeling my sixpack will deform when it's growing over night xD i know it sounds crazy but wth im staying away of that crap...

Prodigy746

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DJ Miquelo said:
After you eat a good amount ur stomach is gonna expand a bit at least and this might make it look like uve got a belly.

After i eat a large amount of food my abs are a wee bit comprimised with what u describe but! u can still tell that ive got good tone there.

So in answer to your question, yeah it has a bit of an effect but if uve got good enuff tonality and a nice and low body fat percentage its not much of a problem at all (certainly not something that makes u look like a fatass).

Id recommend adding some abs exercises into your normal workout routine (if uve got one). 30 or so situps would do methinks. Depends on what ur after really!
I started doing that before i even read your post. I have done it 2 times already. Problem is i eat alot now because i am trying to gain weight and my stomach fills up. I am 6'5 150! ...yes i know i am skinny but i have nice muscle tone until i eat. When i eat my stomach becomes big than it doesnt look rite lol.

sharkbeat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Prodigy746 said:
I started doing that before i even read your post. I have done it 2 times already. Problem is i eat alot now because i am trying to gain weight and my stomach fills up. I am 6'5 150! ...yes i know i am skinny but i have nice muscle tone until i eat. When i eat my stomach becomes big than it doesnt look rite lol.
You don't eat a lot in one sitting. Spread it around to 5-6 meals a day. Don't eat too much, but eat often.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Holy ****... if you really are 6'5 and 150 lbs, stop worrying about having a 6 pack and start eating everything you can get your hands on.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Prodigy746 said:
Damn man, fvck muscle tone, you need to go on a bulking cycle and really pack on the weight. A guy of your height should be about 200lbs. I suggest you GOMAD (term used on www.stronglifts.com), which basically means drink a gallon of milk a day along with large food intake until you get to above your ideal weight, whilst doing a gym routine like stronglifts 5x5 (Which I STRONGLY recommend for everyone as a starter routine, if you are serious about getting muscle).

Start low drinking 4 pints a day, as I takes a while for your digestive system to get used to drinking all that milk (You will fart like crazy and probably have the ****s at first, but it will soon subside), gradually increasing by 2 pints each week until you get to 8 pints (1 gallon).

I have been on 3/4 GOMAD and I gained 6lbs in one week, and the increased muscle really showed on my body.

You will gain fat too, but once you stop GOMAD, this will quickly disappear.

Girls don't go for lanky dudes, so do this :)

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CaptainJ said:
Damn man, fvck muscle tone, you need to go on a bulking cycle and really pack on the weight. A guy of your height should be about 200lbs. I suggest you GOMAD (term used on www.stronglifts.com), which basically means drink a gallon of milk a day along with large food intake until you get to above your ideal weight, whilst doing a gym routine like stronglifts 5x5 (Which I STRONGLY recommend for everyone as a starter routine, if you are serious about getting muscle).

Start low drinking 4 pints a day, as I takes a while for your digestive system to get used to drinking all that milk (You will fart like crazy and probably have the ****s at first, but it will soon subside), gradually increasing by 2 pints each week until you get to 8 pints (1 gallon).

I have been on 3/4 GOMAD and I gained 6lbs in one week, and the increased muscle really showed on my body.

Yeah, except I'm pretty sure Mark Rippetoe "invented" the concept and started using the acronym "GOMAD" first. Also, his program is superior:

www.StartingStrength.com

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Kerpal said:
Yeah, except I'm pretty sure Mark Rippetoe "invented" the concept and started using the acronym "GOMAD" first. Also, his program is superior:

www.StartingStrength.com
Didn't say Stronglifts invented it, just said it was a term used. And the superiority of his program is up for debate. I'd recommend stronglifts because it is very beginner friendly, making you start with just the bar for most things and moving up from there, getting technqiue right. I'm not sure many beginners would be able choose the correct starting weight for themselves.

Oh and it's not actually all that expensive for the milk. 6 pints is 2.25 here in England, and probably cheaper in America. Also remember you'll only be on the milk diet for about a month (Including the building up to 8 pints), so it's a short term thing.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CaptainJ said:
Didn't say Stronglifts invented it, just said it was a term used. And the superiority of his program is up for debate. I'd recommend stronglifts because it is very beginner friendly, making you start with just the bar for most things and moving up from there, getting technqiue right. I'm not sure many beginners would be able choose the correct starting weight for themselves.
Rippetoe program pretty much goes the same way. Rippetoe is the superior program because it includes power cleans and the 3x5 rep scheme, which IMO is better than 5x5 for beginners. A beginner trainee will generally make much faster strength (and therefore, size) gains on the Rippetoe program. 5x5 is better for intermediates.

itishe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can lift, do crunches, etc until the cows come hope but others have said it's all about the diet.

Sir_Turtle

Don Juan
Reaction score
losing weight is fairly easy once you eat the right food and do the right amount of lifting

all fruit and vegtables + a little protien in teh form of meat,dairy, and milk

Prodigy746

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
CaptainJ said:

Ok this sunday i am starting that.. i am not sure what stronglifts are though because you link doesnt work due to commas that u put at the end. When i remove them it takes me to site but doesnt explain what 5x5 strong lifts are.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do yourself a favor and get a copy of Starting Strength, even if you don't plan on following Rippetoe's actual program.

CaptainJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Prodigy746 said:
Ok this sunday i am starting that.. i am not sure what stronglifts are though because you link doesnt work due to commas that u put at the end. When i remove them it takes me to site but doesnt explain what 5x5 strong lifts are.
http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/

There ya go. I don't have starting strength, but since many people recommend it, I suggest you buy it too.

Be sure to study carefully the techniques of all the exercises. Also I suggest you swap inverted rows for 5x5 Power Cleans, but if you have any questions just ask on the site forum or check the articles, there's tonnes of information there that will help your weightlifting. Oh and expect to have an amazing sense of confidence, achievement at your progress and a damn sexy body after a few months.