Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

For Texans and Horror movies' fans

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lately, I got really interested in Texas' (and South-Western America, in general) landscapes, mostly because seeing them in horror movies had me fascinated by the beauty of those places. Now, I've got some questions about some of them:

Based on what you can see in the movie (in relation to the setting: mountains, deserts, farms, plains...), where could be located each one of these? (if it helps, you can google some pics from the movies)

1) Jeepers Creepers 1 & 2: these are filmed either in Florida and California, but they are set in Texas. There are lots of big farms and desert rural roads

2) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003 Remake): it was filmed near Austin, but the setting looks a lot more rural, as if it were really far from any big city (maybe I mistake myself, since I've never been to the USA; it's just my impression). Big farms and desert roads here too, I remember the guys were coming back from a trip to Mexico and were going from El Paso to Dallas, but since these cities are so far from each other, it's not easy to reckon where the movie takes place.

3) The Hills Have Eyes: this one takes place in New Mexico, although it was filmed in Morocco. What part of New Mexico looks like the movie setting?

4) The House of 1000 Corpses: I don't even know if the story takes place in Texas, I just know it's in the South. Anyone knows better?

Thanks to everybody!

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
All of those horror movies take place in and around the generic small town that dots the south. My point being, these are out in the boondocks. The sticks, if you will. Don't go thinking Texas is all corn fields and cowboys.

SnowBlind77

Banned
Reaction score
i bet most of them were filmed like, north east of san francisco. the landscape there gets kind of desert like. my buddy used to live down there and we took a road trip down, its really awesome actually, lots of hills...and for some reason tons of random cows:crazy:

Reaction score
When you do dastardly evil deeds you do them in hiding, lest others see you and make war with you - this is the natural order of things!!!

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i know that most of them are not filmed over there (a couple of them, I even wrote where they were filmed, in morocco and in california and florida), but my question is not that. i want to know what part of texas is each one of those movies depicting... meaning, in which part of texas can you find landscapes similar to those you can see in each one of those movies?
for example:

1) jeepers creepers: trans-pecos area (which is just the first area that came to my mind, but it sounds pretty illogical, since in JC there are lots of farms, which I don't think you can find in west texas)

2) hills have eyes: south-eastern new mexico (i don't know this one either)

and so on...

ok?
thanks!

Ace of Flames

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Everywhere you want to be.... I'm like a Visa card
Well Texas is pretty simple to figure out:

Desert-y to the west, Hill-y to the north, Rivers to the east, and Ocean to the south.

Also, why don't you go search up these movies and see where their specific settings are supposed to be, then search up those locations? A little research would get you these answers at a faster rate than this thread seems to be.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ace of Flames said:
Well Texas is pretty simple to figure out:

Desert-y to the west, Hill-y to the north, Rivers to the east, and Ocean to the south.

Also, why don't you go search up these movies and see where their specific settings are supposed to be, then search up those locations? A little research would get you these answers at a faster rate than this thread seems to be.
Actually, there are hills in western Texas too. And, for example, Jeepers Creepers, The Night Flyer and The House of 1000 corpses are not in the desert nor in the hills (it's all farms and lonely roads), but it's obviously far from the ocean and you don't see any river in either of these movies.

I have done some research on the internet of course, but I didn't happen to find anything useful, that's why I asked here.