Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

For all you american O.C watchers

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Most people won't be interested about this thread, but whatever, I have a question out of curiosity: in O.C. there's that guy Bryan, who comes from Chino, and this place is depicted as a tough ghetto, more or less the same as Compton, Crenshaw, Watts and South Central are depicted in those gangsta movies from the 90's (Boyz in da hood etc...).

So a couple of minutes ago I came by some stats about Chino and to my surprise, I noticed that the median wage, household income and house values are significatively higher not only than the U.S. average, but also than California average! And, even more noticeably, the crime rate is EXTREMELY low, with 1999, 2000 and 2004 without a single murder within city limits and the years inbetween and following with not more than 2-3 homicides per year!

What I'd like to know is, why the show producers have chosen Chino as the place where the tough problematic kid comes from and show this place as a dangerous ghetto, while it's not at all like that and seems more like a relaxed suburb? Maybe to underline how snobby people in Newport Beach are? Or maybe they just didn't know that Chino was actually a safe place?

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the hottest girl in the show is the blonde that has crazy drugged up sex with Ryan's brother... but marissa is a good option too:D

anyway, i told you guys, it's just something out of curiosity (man, i wrote this at 3 a.m. after coming home from a crazy petting session in the streets:D

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I havent got up to that part yet... just started watching the first season.

But back to your point. That guy Ryan looks like too much of a pretty boy to be from the ghetto.... kinda funny

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jayer said:
I havent got up to that part yet... just started watching the first season.

But back to your point. That guy Ryan looks like too much of a pretty boy to be from the ghetto.... kinda funny

well actually he's the emblema of the white trash: blonde, fair-eyed, untanned skin, short, etc... someone says eminem?:eek:

another funny things is how often they refer to seth as the extremely skinny guy while they see ryan as athletic, when there is *maybe* 5 lbs and 3-4 inches of difference between them

Mr. Highroller

Don Juan
Reaction score
last episode i ever watched was when some vatos were after him in a car chase threw some factory or some crap....If it was real life he prob woulda been on Meth or at least a big smoker, maybe even down with some aryan gang

ChapStick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I hate the O.C.... Show about the pathetic lives of some spoiled rich kids that don't appreciate ****.

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ChapStick said:
I hate the O.C.... Show about the pathetic lives of some spoiled rich kids that don't appreciate ****.

that's what people that have seen like a couple of episodes say (me included). if you follow the series from the beginning (i downloaded them, because I had only seen some sparce episodes and they had bored me, yet everyone who followed it was passionated about the show), you could really appreciate it... just like beverly hills ten years ago

someone has any ideas about the OT, though?

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yea Adone you are right. its a pretty good show and I'm into it. I think you can notice some DJ trends too... Ryan who's the outsider from the hood has Marissa attracted to him cause he's different and doesn't fit in. He's kind of like the bad boy.... but somewhat a Dandy.... You should join in on our Art of Seduction Book Study Adone.... I think you could really weigh in valuably.

slitherjef

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jayer said:
does it even matter????

That girl Marissa is hot as hell!

Yup one of the 3 reasons I kept the TV on while I was doing other crap. That chick, Summer and nothing else on the TV at the time

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jayer said:
yea Adone you are right. its a pretty good show and I'm into it. I think you can notice some DJ trends too... Ryan who's the outsider from the hood has Marissa attracted to him cause he's different and doesn't fit in. He's kind of like the bad boy.... but somewhat a Dandy.... You should join in on our Art of Seduction Book Study Adone.... I think you could really weigh in valuably.

thank you a lot man, but i don't know how much could i be helpful for that, jayer. the fact is that i've gotten out of the DJ world a lot of time ago, so much that i don't even look into the other sections of the forum anymore

Reyaj

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Adone I'm almost to that point... though I want to finish my 100 approach thread first. Most of the time I just visit this forum because it talks about other facets of life.

What made you get out of the game though.... you get married or something?

Adone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jayer said:
Adone I'm almost to that point... though I want to finish my 100 approach thread first. Most of the time I just visit this forum because it talks about other facets of life.

What made you get out of the game though.... you get married or something?

No man, I'm only 20-yrs-old. I don't know exactly what made me disinterested about this, let's say that when I started out I thought that I wanted to improve my game, while later I understood that I just wanted to improve my life, thus there's no need for me to concentrate on one particular area of life, in this case "game", because it would only lead me to neglect all the rest that I could enjoy. It's not really easy to understand, plus not being English/American/Australian makes it all a lot more difficult for me to talk about things like these, closer to philosophy rather than approaching:)