Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Football paradox

fbplayer06

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm playing football for my high school; I'm going to be a junior, so I'm starting O-Tackle and maybe a little D-Tackle too...

Anyway, two-a-days are coming up in mid-August, which means a LOT of running. Last year I practically died (not literally, but you know what I mean) every day because of all of the running I had to do and because I hadn't prepared myself over the summer prior to the two-a-days. Being a lineman means I need to be big or I'll pretty much lose my job to a bigger kid. I'm strong, but lately I've been running a lot (at least one mile per weekend (7 min +/- 20 seconds) AND running during football workouts) to get ready for the two-a-days. Here's where my question comes in:

I want to be cariovasculary fit for the two-a-days coming up, but I don't want to lose a lot of my size, being a starting lineman. What's the solution for keeping my size while still being able to keep up with tons of running?

(I know power cleans/dead lifts/squats work the cardio system, but I doubt those will prepare my body enough for a full game of football).

Thanks for any advice and pardon me if this is a stupid question.

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

chim_chim

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You need to take in more calories. However, you shouldn't eat crap like Krispy Kremes.

My advice is to get a George Foreman grill and make a few chicken breasts on it every day.l They'll help you keep your weight up without putting on fat.

phenom

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was a strong safety in High School so I can't really help you out here. Chim is right though, if you keep eating the KK's you will die come August.

Raven125

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you are skilled enough and strong enough, it doesn't matter how next the big guy is. That is as long as you are better at your position. My brother is 5'11 and 170, yet he's a legend on our line due to his strength and skill. He plays center and noseguard and simply DOMINATES.

FMLizard

Don Juan
Reaction score
Raven is right. At the high school level, technique and leverage will keep you starting on most lines. As you move into college and pro ball where everyone has excellent technique, size and pure strength are much more of a factor.

Sexual

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Raven125
If you are skilled enough and strong enough, it doesn't matter how next the big guy is. That is as long as you are better at your position. My brother is 5'11 and 170, yet he's a legend on our line due to his strength and skill. He plays center and noseguard and simply DOMINATES.
Lol I was 6'0" 170lbs lifting 250 at that time and started offensive tackle and tight end my senior year over a 260 pound guy benching 330. It's all about your balls man, the harder you whack em the bigger your calluses.