Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Follow Oprah's advice

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Maybe it wasn't Oprah exactly,
http://www.snopes.com/quotes/oprah.asp
but I could see it being attributed to her, with its 'you go girl' theme.

A gf of mine posted this list on her myspace page. I think it's all the things she'd like to think she does toward me. At first I thought the whole thing was b!tchy, but then I realized that it is actually a summation of our dj mindset. Read it with the genders reversed, and it becomes good advice for us as well.

1 . If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away. If he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay.

2.. Stop making excuses for a man and his behavior.

3. Allow your intuition (or spirit) to save you from heartache.

4. Stop trying to change yourselves for a relationship that's not meant to be.

5 . Slower is better.

6. Never live your life for a man before you find what makes you truly happy.

7. If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you as you deserve then heck no, you can't "be friends." A friend wouldn't mistreat a friend.

8. Don't settle.

9. If you feel like he is stringing you along, than he probably is.

10. Don't stay because you think "it will get better." You'll be mad at yourself a year later for staying when things are not better.

11. The only person you can control in a relationship is you.

12. Avoid men who've got a bunch of children by a bunch of different women. He didn't marry them when he got them pregnant, why would he treat you any differently?

13. Always have your own set of friends separate from his.

14. Maintain boundaries in how a guy treats you. If something bothers you, speak up.

15. Never let a man know everything. He will use it against you later.

16. You cannot change a man's behaviors. Change comes from within.

17. Don't EVER make him feel he is more important than you are...even if he if more educated or in a better job.

18. Do not make him into a quasi-god. He is a man, nothing more nothing less.

19. Never let a man define who you are.

20. Never borrow someone else's man.

21. If he cheated with you, he'll cheat on you.

22. A man will only treat you the way you ALLOW him to treat you.

23 . All men are NOT dogs.

24. You should not be the one doing all the bending...compromise is a two way street.

25. You need time to heal between relationships... there is nothing cute about baggage...deal with your issues before pursuing a new relationship.

26. You should never look for someone to COMPLETE you...a relationship consists of two WHOLE individuals...look for someone complimentary...not supplementary.

27. Dating is fun...even if he doesn't turn out to be Mr. Right.

28. Make him miss you sometimes...when a man always know where you are, and you're always readily available to him- he takes it for granted.

29. Never move into his mother's house.

30. Never co-sign for a man.

31. Don't fully commit to a man who doesn't give you everything that you need. Keep him in your radar but get to know others.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
... At first I thought the whole thing was b!tchy, but then I realized that it is actually a summation of our dj mindset. Read it with the genders reversed, and it becomes good advice for us as well...
:yes: I've said for a long time that a good DJ is able to successfully do to women the very things that women do to AFCs.

crossboss

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Francisco d'Anconia said:
:yes: I've said for a long time that a good DJ is able to successfully do to women the very things that women do to AFCs.

Good Quote.

Maxtro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
At first I thought the whole thing was b!tchy, but then I realized that it is actually a summation of our dj mindset. Read it with the genders reversed, and it becomes good advice for us as well.
Genders reversed for easy reading

1 . If a woman wants you, nothing can keep her away. If she doesn't want you, nothing can make her stay.

2.. Stop making excuses for a woman and her behavior.

3. Allow your gut to save you from heartache.

5. Slower is better.

6. Never live your life for a woman before you find what makes you truly happy.

7. If a relationship ends because the woman was not treating you as you deserve then heck no, you can't "be friends." A friend wouldn't mistreat a friend.

8. Don't settle.

9. If you feel like she is stringing you along, than she probably is.

10. Don't stay because you think "it will get better." You'll be mad at yourself a year later for staying when things are not better.

12. Avoid women who've got a bunch of children by a bunch of different men. she didn't marry them when she got pregnant, why would she treat you any differently?

13. Always have your own set of friends separate from her.

14. Maintain boundaries in how a chick treats you. If something bothers you, speak up.

15. Never let a woman know everything. she will use it against you later.

16. You cannot change a woman's behaviors. Change comes from within.

17. Don't EVER make her feel she is more important than you are...even if she is more educated or in a better job.

18. Do not make her into a quasi-god. she is a woman, nothing more nothing less.

19. Never let a woman define who you are.

20. Never borrow someone else's woman.

21. If she cheated with you, she'll cheat on you.

22. A woman will only treat you the way you ALLOW her to treat you.

23 . All women are NOT bitshes.

24. You should not be the one doing all the bending...compromise is a two way street.

25. You need time to heal between relationships... there is nothing cute about baggage...deal with your issues before pursuing a new relationship.

26. You should never look for someone to COMPLETE you...a relationship consists of two WHOLE individuals...look for someone complimentary...not supplementary.

27. Dating is fun...even if she doesn't turn out to be Ms. Right.

28. Make her miss you sometimes...when a woman always know where you are, and you're always readily available to her- she takes it for granted.

29. Never move into her mother's house.

30. Never co-sign for a woman.

31. Don't fully commit to a woman who doesn't give you everything that you need. Keep her in your radar but get to know others.

Yeah most of it is great advice. Funny how what they can say about us also applies to them.

JackPrescott

Banned
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Maybe it wasn't Oprah exactly,
http://www.snopes.com/quotes/oprah.asp
but I could see it being attributed to her, with its 'you go girl' theme.

A gf of mine posted this list on her myspace page. I think it's all the things she'd like to think she does toward me. At first I thought the whole thing was b!tchy, but then I realized that it is actually a summation of our dj mindset. Read it with the genders reversed, and it becomes good advice for us as well.

1 . If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away. If he doesn't want you, nothing can make him stay.

2.. Stop making excuses for a man and his behavior.

3. Allow your intuition (or spirit) to save you from heartache.

5 . Slower is better.

6. Never live your life for a man before you find what makes you truly happy.

7. If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you as you deserve then heck no, you can't "be friends." A friend wouldn't mistreat a friend.

8. Don't settle.

9. If you feel like he is stringing you along, than he probably is.

12. Avoid men who've got a bunch of children by a bunch of different women. He didn't marry them when he got them pregnant, why would he treat you any differently?

13. Always have your own set of friends separate from his.

14. Maintain boundaries in how a guy treats you. If something bothers you, speak up.

15. Never let a man know everything. He will use it against you later.

16. You cannot change a man's behaviors. Change comes from within.

17. Don't EVER make him feel he is more important than you are...even if he if more educated or in a better job.

18. Do not make him into a quasi-god. He is a man, nothing more nothing less.

19. Never let a man define who you are.

20. Never borrow someone else's man.

21. If he cheated with you, he'll cheat on you.

22. A man will only treat you the way you ALLOW him to treat you.

23 . All men are NOT dogs.

27. Dating is fun...even if he doesn't turn out to be Mr. Right.

28. Make him miss you sometimes...when a man always know where you are, and you're always readily available to him- he takes it for granted.

29. Never move into his mother's house.

30. Never co-sign for a man.

31. Don't fully commit to a man who doesn't give you everything that you need. Keep him in your radar but get to know others.

All this goes down the tubes once she has a multiple orgasm from you.

wayword

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
GaryUranga said:
I bet all the girls here will appreaciate this
Why do girls even take advice from a fat, fugly, single old maid?

I guess that's a good list to follow if you want to end up old, childless, single and lonely - like Oprah!

KontrollerX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good list but I wish I could edit Maxtro's post to say "gut instinct" instead of "gut" lol.

HeadStrong

Reaction score
wayword said:
Why do girls even take advice from a fat, fugly, single old maid?

I guess that's a good list to follow if you want to end up old, childless, single and lonely - like Oprah!

What? So, if a woman recognizes her self-worth she will end up lonely and childless, but if a man does it he will get everything he wants? Idk, what kind of man wants a woman w/ low-self esteem who he can toy w/. It seems that a real man would want an equal and someone who compliments him.