Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Flirting then the girl says she has a bf...

Heretolearn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Twice this week.

Girl will be flirting/show interest. We exchange some genuine smiles and then start talking. I say something general like so what are you up to this weekend and the girl says going to dinner with bf tonight. Or the girl will put the bf into the conversation.

Fair enough if I approached her although 1 of the 2 above the girl approached me to talk.

So whats with that and how do you guys handle those situations. I wonder if I am too friendly/nice.

typical

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A) she is telling you in woman speak that she's taken and you should just stick to friendly banter

or

B) I really like you but I'm gonna throw in a sh!t test early on just to see if you have any balls or are a wuss like the 10 other guys I've talked to this week.

And you should choose option

C) Don't waste time with girls with boyfriends or girls that are willing to sh!t test you from the start.

Well you could but why bother ? Just have fun talking and laughing and find a girl that doesn't mention she has a boyfriend, sometimes the girl will like you so much that she will date you behind her current boyfriend and you won't even know she had a boy friend till he comes beating down on your door at 2 am ........ GASP SHOCK HORROR !!!

SharinganUser

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If a woman likes you, she won't have a boyfriend. If she isn't interested then she'll have a boyfriend. It's my signature saying on here. If she says she has one then don't let it effect you and I'd even go so far as to make a job about it.

Her: I have a BF.

Me: Great, but I don't think he's my type.

However when a girl says that she has one, I generally just stop putting effort into this one and move on to the next.

scrouds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is always good to debate on here. Some people will trump up the moral card, don't date other gy's girls. Others don't care.

The answer depends whether or not you give a shiit. Do you?

Lexington

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of times girl will be at a club/bar with their female friends and they'll still want to enjoy male attention. So sometimes they'll just flirt with a guy for their amusement.

Like other said, it could be a sh*t test. It might be worth just continuing on as though she never even told you that. If she is receptive to your escalations, keep going. If she really does have a boyfriend, she'll resist.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
typical said:
A) she is telling you in woman speak that she's taken and you should just stick to friendly banter
Yeah, a lot of times girls like to flirt, even though they're taken. The boyfriend mention is just her telling you that it isn't going beyond that. Maybe she sensed you were seeing it as an opportunity to close or whatever.

I remember I was talking to this woman one time, and she worked a completely unrelated reference to her husband into her second sentence. I was thinking "I wasn't going to hit on you, you idiot". Which I wasn't. She was attractive though, so she probably got hit on a lot.

Heretolearn

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I searched and there were some general threads on this although though a Mature perspective would be interesting.

Eg. To me these are clear signs of interest with/without the bf disclaimer (as Rollo calls it).When I was younger, I ignored these and kept having fun which lead to messing around with taken women (a couple of them hided behind the 'her bf and her were broken up/fighting at the time'. Others blatantly cheated.

I made a moral personal choice not to be with those types of women any more. Happy with that. Although analysing why these situations come up. Is it just a natural occurence when you have good energy, you will attract undesirables?

Is it because I am too nice and friendly in general - and like a poster above says, girls get bored so can flirt back. Is it because I don't fear rejection with these types of girls because they seemingly show interest from the beginning (interest to flirt nothing more at that stage).

It would be great to get the same responses/vibes with single girls. I also note a lot of girls and older guys try to set me up with a girl they know. I am polite and say I am focusing on other things (most of the time their taste is biased towards making their friend happy and not necessarily what would be a good match for me in my opinion).