Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

First "okay" solo-sarge, but she mentioned a boyfriend...

Reaction score
So until tonight, I never had never successfully opened a set by myself. But I was sitting at a busy bar tonight just having a whiskey, and a girl next to me was reaching out in front of me. Her hand was close to my drink. I could tell she was just trying to flag down the bar tender, but I just looked over and jokingly said, "Hey, you trying to steal my drink?"

She laughed and said "No, I was just trying to reach the bartender."

I replied. "Good, because if you were, I'd have to break your arm."

She replied. "Oh really?"

I said "Yes, really." I noticed she had one of those tiny diamond-piercings on her nose and I joked "You got something on your nose."

Her eyes popped and she started feeling around her nose and said "Really? What is it?"

She touched the diamond and I said "Right there."

She laughed and said "That' just my piercing. You made me think I had a booger or something."

I said "I bet you cried like a baby when you got that."

She said, "No, I'm a tough *****, so it's a good thing you didn't try to break my arm."

We hit it off right there. We introduced ourselves, talked about what we do. She told me she had just studied abroad in Latin America, and I told her about my travels in Latin America and we compared our experiences.

There was chemistry between us; lots of easy conversation. We even took our conversation and drinks to the balcony to have a smoke together. She was impressed by the fact that I role my own cigarettes.

Thing is, she mentioned a boyfriend about twice, but didn't go into excruciating detail. I was thinking "Does she really have a boyfriend? Or is she testing me to see if I'll make a first move?"

Anyway, we had talked for a good 15 minutes, but I didn't want to run the risk of running out of things to talk about or having the chemistry fizzle. I wanted to end on a high note, so I told her that I had to be somewhere else, but that I go by that area sometimes and that we should meet up to continue our conversation.

She gave me her number and that was that.

So it was a number close granted. No kiss, no sex, but atleast I didn't get immediately blown out like ever solo-sarge before tonight. So I'm feeling pretty good. Still though, I don't want to get my hopes inflated.

What should I make about the "boyfriend." Do girls frequently mention a bf to test a guy or could it be for real? Should I pursue?

ThatMysteriousGuy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don'tWannabeAWannabe said:
Seriously? You guys got nothing?
It was just probably a probe/defense. You were hitting it off really well and if you were put off by the "i have a bf" it would have shut her down a bit because she'd think she was being hustled. Girls often do that when things are going a bit too well when meeting a guy.

If you didn't react, that's great.