Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

First lines at a bar to break the Ice!

daman01

Don Juan
Reaction score
I go to a big school and there are some bars where there are some fine ass girls out. This year I will be 21 and be going out a lot. It isn't like the frat or house party scene where it is easy to talk to girls, I have been out a couple of times at the bars and it is kind of difficult, man you really gotta do something to get noticed. I was thinking of just going up to some girl and introducing myself.
Are there better ways that some of you DJs do to break the ice at a bar?

J-Man

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
"hi, im trying to break the ice. whats your name?" :D

might work lol. give it a shot

Paradox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The best opening line is still:

Hi, my name is ____________

AKA FLEX

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"You know, there are thousands of great guys out there, but only a few of us aren't gay."

I know it comes across as a canned pick-up line, but what separates it from a typical pick-up line (such as "your legs must be tired cause you've been running through my mind all day") is that it is original, funnier than any of those lines, and most women would agree that it's a true statement.

I've gotten several women's numbers after opening with that line. Give it a try.

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't really have the experience to back this up, but I wouldn't agree with the, "Hi, I'm ____" line unless she has been eyeing you. If she's been eyeing you, then anything is gonna work, but if she hasn't even noticed you, she might be like, "and your point is???" I think you have to offer something more than your name.

Spread em Gal

Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree that if she's been eyeing you, you can open with the My name is, but still its better to open with something else..

I think the absolute best thing is to just come out and say something really spontaneous , like something you notice on her or on someone else or somewhere or about something..

Of course , it demands some creativity, but hey , that's what's it's all about from the opening line, to the seduction , to the sex..

I can't stand these people who want it all to be by the book this isn't how to install windows or how to drive a car..

Creativity...

Walden

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, if she's been eyeing you you can open with "get in the trunk b!tch" and probably still hit it.

Otherwise just go over and say hi , ask an inane question (Do you like the band/ how's your night going/ do you know I have an enormous d!ck?), me too to whatever she says "Yeah I'm having a good night too / Yeah I think the band is a derivative mid eighties version of an old Peter Gabriel side project / No not many people do KNow that I have an enormous d!ck" and whatdaya know , you're having a conversation (you might want to have something funny to say as well "We just came from a bar that was so sleazy the bouncer checked my ID cos he thought I was his parole officer".

Ronin I

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I almost NEVER start out with "Hi my name is..."

I will usually start by commenting on something that she is wearing. If there's even the slightest bit of interest she'll usually give me something more to go on and keep the convo going. After I've made her laugh and have built a little bit of rapport I'll offer up my name (if she hasn't already).

You can use ANYTHING about her that differentiates her from the other people in the bar.

If I notice she's seems bored or disinterested about being in the bar I'll walk over to her and playfully tell her to smile or ask her what's wrong.

If her friends are dancing it up and she's standing idle off to the side I'll tease her about it.

The other night I had a hottie walk past me and kind of nudge me out of the way, so I immediately tracked her down and called her out on her lack of manners (playfully of course);) .

Remember - nothing cheesy that puts her on a pedestal (do your feet hurt....) and no compliments related to her god-given appearance (you have beautiful eyes - NO) but complimenting her on a choice she's made is OK -I like your hat, where'd you get it?