Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

first day in gym

Punisha

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well as i type this my arms are shaking like hell and upper body looks like it was hit by a tornado.
you see im not a very athletic guy im only good in jumping,short-medium sprints and push ups and even while doing this i get totally smashed up in the end.
Anyway, in an effort to get a better body i joined the gym and started working out today. it was a short session(about 1 hour)doing only abs,bench presses and variations of bench press.
currently im 17yo about 1,75m and weight 60kg so yeah i need to get some more body mass.

1->need some good and fast-to-make recipes for my breakfast since i workout in the morning

Like i said above i worked my abs and chest area today. the bench presses were easy as pie was doing 10-15reps per set and was already on the 7th set but the abs totally screw me. did 2 sets of 35 then it was all the way down until i could hardly do 10

2->am i doing something wrong or are my abs really weak?

Im going to hit the gym again wednesday probably to work on my lower body

3->need good leg exercises

4->am i pushing myself too hard for a beginner?
->any good general tips for my workout and diet?
->(stupid question)the owner of the gym was(think he still is)a personal trainer.i should follow his advice right?

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
1) http://stronglifts.com/7-tasty-and-easy-breakfast-recipes-that-build-muscle/

2) Doubt it's weak abs if you doing 2 sets of 35 reps, that would kill most people.
What exercise are you doing for your abs? If your a beginner do reverse crunches: 3x10.

3) Squats, deadlifts.

4) Looks like you are pushing youself too hard, with the sets and reps you do. What does your workout consist of? If your going to the gym and just using random stuff and dont have a proper plan check out the vault.

Make sure you get 1g of protein per lbs of bodyweight. 60kg is just under what i weigh, im looking to bulk up too, make sure your getting around 135g of protein per day. Lots of carbs too, and milk if you can tolerate it.

Make sure you use correct form before adding lots of weight. I didn't do that and now im plagued with aching traps, they're aching as i type this.

Chances are what the trainer is telling you will be crap. I-tallionStallion got advice form a PT whilst he was doing squats and his advice was ****.

If he tells you not to squat down below parallel he is wrong.
If he tells you to use **** loads of machines he is wrong.
If he says you shouldn't deadlift because you will get a hernia or something then he is wrong.
If he tells you to use the Smith he is wrong.

Punisha

Don Juan
Reaction score
i was just doing basic crunches.
I dont really have a workout routine i just went there today wasent even excepting to start but the owner said i could do some exercises today if i wanted so i just followed his advice.
The guys there helped me with the correct form but what are aching traps?

By the way since i dont have drivers license yet(can only get one next year)i go to the gym by bus.The problem is i live in a...remote zone so to speak.I wait around 15mins for the bus then a 1 hour trap and then 20mins walking to the gym. Should i eat right before i leave or when i wake up? i imagine that if i eat when i wake up my body will require another food intake before working out and thats bad yeah?

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't do isolation ab work just yet, it will probably be better if you do a full body routine seeing as your starting out. If you do insist on ab work though, quit the crunches and do reverse crucnhes holding onto a barbell. Try decrease the weight on the barbell as you get stronger.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=125444 for a workout, or you could try the stronglifts 5x5 http://stronglifts.com/stronglifts-5x5-beginner-strength-training-program/

Go over to stronglifts for videos on how to perform exercises correctly.

And by achy traps i meant my trapesius muscles ache due to not using correct form on sum exercises because i focussed on how much i was lifting instead of corect techique. I compromised my technique in order to lift more which lead to my achy traps.

You can start a workout journal aswel and the guys will help you out on stuff.

Punisha

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have another question but since im against spamming ill just ask here.
You see due to my extensive ab workout on monday my abs were totally screwed(should have guessed) in such way that i couldnt stand up straight yesterday and i still cant(had to skip gym today) so yeah im in a pretty bad state.is there anyway to make muscles recover faster? i think ill be able to hit the gym by friday but knowledge dosent hurt and i (hopefully not)might be in this lamme state again

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It's fine to feel DOMS (delay onset muscle soreness) after working out, especially if your a begginer, but if you can't walk when you've been training you ABS it's an obvious sign that your over training.

I may be wrong, but as i said do reverse crunches, but tbh you proabaly wont even need it yet if your doing stronglifts 5x5. The compound exercises involved will work your abs without the need of isolation exercises.

Also, i know it sounds weird but you should go to the gym and work the muscle thats sore, the blood that goes into the muscle whilst working out will aid recovery.

immrtlwun

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Make sure you stretch out before and after you work out, that can help a lot with soreness. Also, if it was your first time in the gym in a while, you're going to be sore. Eating better or taking some kind of supplement can help with muscle recovery as well. Search the vault for help with your diet and workout plan ideas.

Punisha

Don Juan
Reaction score
immrtlwun said:
Eating better....
actually i find that very hard to NOT do. Since monday ive been eating like crazy even with my mouth in bad conditions(freaking dentist).

Anyway thanks for the help guys.Probably gonna come out with some other stupid question next friday to keep you guys busy:up:

Punisha

Don Juan
Reaction score
So i just came back home after gym and perhaps ill go out tomorrow with some friends.
Going out with friends always involves crazy **** so i searched a little about alcohol effects on muscle gain and stuff like that but i still have one question: how bad/good is weed?

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Weed is better on your physique then alcohol but is may mess with your testosterone if you do it too regularly.

The main thing about gym is to make it a routine and to work every muscle throughout the week. Try to keep away from the machines except leg press and some cable machines are OK too, just get comfortable with the free weights as they will give the best results.

The next thing to do is research. We have heaps of information in "The Vault" sticky to get you started. The first two posts in there are gold. Research is just as important as actually going to the gym IMO, When I started I'd research every day for months. The Vault also has great links to research.

Good luck