First Date Tips...

JoshLarge

Reaction score
Christ...never needed to ask this before.

Split up with my ex about 4weeks ago....got a date on Thursday and im actually nervous...even though i never get nervous really.

Were off for a meal to pizza express which wouldnt be my ideal first date anyway as i find meals are quite awkward.

The girl ive talked to a lot, and on the phone but never met in person.

Thoughts?

bigneil

Banned
Reaction score
Assume you won't like her until you meet her. Then, try not to fall in love. Remind her she is there to impress you also.

Chances are you won't have mutual chemistry if you've never even met. That is rare and why the bar scene has advantages.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Bigneil is correct that sometimes chemistry doesn't pan out when you meet from online or some other method where you only spoke on the phone. The reason is sometimes both parties (but women especially) can "fall for" their fantasy of the other person, not necessarily reality. Then when you aren't the dream guy she pictured, despite being charming on the phone, she can disappear or flake on you.

But that's the worst-case. Let's get back to the positive stuff.

1. Keep the date fun.

2. Only talk about positive things, steer the conversation away from negativity or venting about work or a bad past relationship.

3. Don't let the date run too long, maybe an hour or two maximum. It's easy to get too confortable and talk all night, but that kills the mystery.

4. Touch her at least once. Touch her arm while making a point or better yet put your hand on her shoulder when you tell her you're going to the mens room and will be right back.

Most of all, see how she reacts in the parking lot when you both leave the date

Good - She stays close to you and keeps eye contact, thus inviting a kiss.

Bad - She keeps a lot of distance between you two and seems in hurry to get to her car, ie is trying to avoid kissing you. Delete her number.

The date itself can appear to go very well, but if things don't go well when heading out to your vehicles, forget it.

GameTime76

Don Juan
Reaction score
Getting some pizza together is okay. But your just sitting there talking. Which is what girls do with their friends - Talk!

If you can try to incorperate some ACTION in your date. Or if things go well the first date, make sure the next date is all about action: Hinking, bowling, egging cars or whatever.