Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

First Date Flower?

glowstix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well I have to say I have never used the flower on a first date but my buddies insist that this makes a women melt. Actually tonight i have a date and i was thinking of having a flower sitting on the passanger seat when she gets into the car. But there lies one problem what kind of flower is perfect for the first date? I know that a red rose is out of the question.

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't do any flowers, it sends the "nice guy" message. Ie. the WRONG message.

Ron Juan

Don Juan
Reaction score
save it for maybe 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th date.. depending on how close you've gotten over the dates and stuff...

Roses are DEFINITELY out of the question... EVEN carnations... find something EXOTIC.. be different!! haha Tulips are pretty cool

hey how about Venus flytrap hehe... that might be interesting

------------------
AOL IM: moronRon
¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤
----------Ron Juan----------
Yo Baby
Yo Baby
Yo

Kanadasutra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A cactus flower.

And dont forget the cactus.

She will screem of pleasure when she will sit in your car next to you.

Maybe she will let you rub her ass after that!

Seriously, if you want to go for the flower, just tell her to sit on the backseat and bring them to you old'ma while on your way to your date!

LOL

RKTek

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
NO! Your buddies are AFC's. NO flower. NO gift, no anything special, except the honor of having you in her presence and company.

If she proves herself to you for 3-4 months of dating, no red flags, hugs, kisses and documentable evidence that she thinks you're HOT, then, after a few months can you give her anything.

Gifts up front tell her you feel inadequate and must compensate with trinkets and baubles.

YOU are the prize.

Be a gentelman, be fun, and go for a wet kiss at the end of the date to let her know you have a pair. Keep doing this until she throws up a red flag. If no flag, then gifts.

Until then NO.

Kanadasutra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your giving f*cking good advices RKTek!

But i really tought GlowStix was joking: He his not a newbie here. He should have read many many post about that subject already!

DocFrankeinstein

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I just dont get u guys.

A flower is fine. Not a big wedding day basket filled with roses. But one single plant or a really small boquet.

It sets the mood, it shows that you have some manners and you automatically get a hug. WHATS WRONG WITH THAT?

And she will decide if you are an afc or not by your actions and not by the flower. If you give a girl a flower and she thinks you're an afc, you are an afc. She will not think this of a true DJ.

Cheers

------------------
If you take love as a crazy gamble
Throw your dice, take your chance
You will see it from a different angle
And you two can join the dance

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DocFrankeinstein:
I just dont get u guys.

It sets the mood, it shows that you have some manners and you automatically get a hug. WHATS WRONG WITH THAT?

>Hugs are for friends.

And she will decide if you are an afc or not by your actions and not by the flower.

>And giving a flower is na AFC action, like RKTEK said.

If you give a girl a flower and she thinks you're an afc, you are an afc.

>She thinks you're an AFC if you gave her a flower on the first date.

She will not think this of a true DJ.

>B/c A true DJ doesn't give flowers on a first date.

Cheers

Don_juan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I generally say don't give them either, but I have given yellow roses before with good results. Here's why.... yellow roses signify "friendship", all girls know the meaning behind each color of rose. I gave them and she was like, "why yellow, am I just your friend". I came back with a "you have to earn my affection, so yes"... now some of you might be saying WTF are you doing? But the rest of the date (I've done this 3 times, all had same result) the girl tried to earn my affection. It turned out like it was setting some challenge for them to earn something from me. I got massive action all 3 times (laid once, bj once and serious heavy petting the other time) and this was first date. I didn't give them roses EVER after that, but it did work the first date with a yellow rose.

Any opinions on that approach?

killerasp

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Id say its okay. but keep it SIMPLE. Dont go overboard with a boquet bigger than your date. Be unique and dont get stuff anyone would get her (ex: roses)

[A]rtful[DJ]

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by glowstix:
Well I have to say I have never used the flower on a first date but my buddies insist that this makes a women melt. Actually tonight i have a date and i was thinking of having a flower sitting on the passanger seat when she gets into the car. But there lies one problem what kind of flower is perfect for the first date? I know that a red rose is out of the question.
Flowers= melt?
No no..
Flowers= melt Away away from you
Flowers on the passenger seat of the car on the first date will freak her out.
Will almost freak any types of gals out, nice ones, bad ones, neutral ones, infact I cant think of any type of gal that wouldnt freak out.

Even if it doesnt freak her out that dont mean it will earn any brownie points either. It may not be AFC but it is a waste of money.

------------------
Realize that the world is just a stage, and u ll see how easy everything is.

[This message has been edited by [A]rtful[DJ] (edited 08-07-2002).]

BocaJoe

Don Juan
Reaction score
DON'T DO IT!!! As a man trying to fight my way out of AFCville, I can say that it has never worked for me, and I have tried it many, many times. During my AFC days, I used to think that giving a flower was the mark of a true gentleman. Now that I have seen the err of my ways I can say that the only thing a flower shows is that you are trying TOO hard. Women are not attracted to guys who try too hard. Be a challenge.

Canadian Idol

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Buying flowers is the total AFC thing to do, and I should know. I couldnt go out on a date without buying a flower because I thought it would put her one step closer to my heart. WTF was I thinking? They were either thinking.. OMG this guy is pathetic, or I already have this guy right where I want him. Never worked for me and now since I found this site the next date I go on I will not be bringing her a flower.

------------------
Remember, you learn from all your mistakes...

Pancho

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Giving flowers on the first date is a mistake...big mistake. If a girls interest is high enough, she wont mind...but most girls are still trying to decide if your worth it on the first date, and this will come off as pathetic.

Leaving the flower on the seat when she comes in is DOUBLE pathetic. It kind of signifies you dont have the ballz to just give them to her.

Ive gotten away with giving flowers, but in a completely unconventional way. Once, on a THIRD date, I bought a blue flower (i dont even know what the fvck it was lol), and hid it in my car. After the date, when she went to kiss me as she was leaving, I popped up the flower between us before she could kiss me, pulled back and just grinned at her. She GRABBED me (I felt so damn violated lol) and kissed me. I got laid after our fourth date.

The lesson here is, if your gonna give flowers, do something less cliche....try it Pancho-Style. If your a newbie, forget it all together for at least a couple of months.

Pancho

------------------
If all men were created equal, then how is it im better? --Pancho

glowstix

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i just posted this question to see what other DJ's do on the first date.

[This message has been edited by glowstix (edited 08-08-2002).]

Just a girl

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't care when you bring flowers on your date, however I do want you to know that you should NEVER EVER bring carnations... this may sound materialistic, but the are the ugliest, nastiest smelling anc cheapest flowers out there. Yuck, carnations... what are you thinking? I'd rather have a handful of dirt and worms than carnations!

Reaction score
I have a flower idea. How about buying her some sunflower seeds so she can grow it or eat it, whichever. This will definitely get her attention. Tell her u couldn't afford an actual flower. Or say some crap like "Rather than buying you flowers, I wanted to get u a garden!"

Kanadasutra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Donnell Juan's RamPaGe:
I have a flower idea. How about buying her some sunflower seeds so she can grow it or eat it, whichever. This will definitely get her attention. Tell her u couldn't afford an actual flower. Or say some crap like "Rather than buying you flowers, I wanted to get u a garden!"
LOL LOL LOL

I remember that when i was in highschool girls used to each bunch of those seeds. They where making huge pile of that under their desk (disgusting).

Anyway, you dont get idea:

That is not the color, type, number of flowers that is the issue. It the visible and hidden intention that is a problem.

You give flowers to people on the pedestal:

DONT PUT HER ON THE PEDESTAL!

Bible basic!

CyranoDeBergerac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Generally, there is a major taboo placed by the DJ's on giving flowers on a first date, as it is typically an AFC behavior. Flowers are only acceptible on special occasions, and even then , its questionable. What classifies giving flowers as an AFC behavior however is the mindset behind giving them. The AFC inclination that women want to be wooed, swept of their feet by a romantic and debonaire white knight in ever so shining armor. This establishes his intentions to go to great lengths to win her over...

This having been said, I am reminded of a quote I saw in Glenn O'Brian's ("the style guy") column, I believed it was called the "style manifesto", in GQ magazine some months back. "Style is about is about knowing the rules well enough to challenge them!" Don_juan and Pancho know the rules. They present MARVELOUS examples (marvelous meaning I'm even incorporating them into my arsenal) of how to challenge them. In Pancho's case, he used it to surprise, during what can be an awkward moment, which also makes him more exciting. No wonder she pounced on him! Don takes it a step BEYOND! In Don's case, he completely turns the tables on the girls by using flowers to make it clear to them that THEY are the one's competing for HIS affections, not the reverse. In other words, he does EXACTLY the opposite of the AFC when he bestows a flower on a first date. What could be more Don Juanish?

And so gentlemen, with your style so eloquently demonstrated, I doth my cap to you Pancho, and I bow in recognition of you Don_juan, for having the courage to go against the grain...

-CyranoDeBergerac

------------------
"If we are to change the world we must start with that one corner of it over which we excercise full influence...ourselves."

Of mice and men...which are you?

[This message has been edited by CyranoDeBergerac (edited 08-08-2002).]

[This message has been edited by CyranoDeBergerac (edited 08-08-2002).]