Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

First date.. Confused by her post-date text and how I should have responded to it.

Korrupt

Banned
Reaction score
Date went well. Driving home and start getting those "insecure girl" texts..

Her: Sorry if I messed that up, just have had a lot on my mind and you intimidated meee.
Me: Sorry for what?
Her: Just didn't know if you were into me.
Me: What makes you think that?
Her: I don't know.. Were you? Lol
Me: Yeah we should definitely see each other again soon.
Her: Good. Did you think I was attractive?
Me: Wow chill girl! If I didn't like you would I want to see you again?
Her: I am chill haha I'm on another topicccc.
Her: If you thought I was a cutie.
Her: That's all
Her: Cause you're sexy.
Me: (I just gave in.. Had no idea how else to respond at this point) Yeah, you looked good babe.
Her: :)
Her: Hah
Me: ?
Her: I had a good time
Me: Yeah, it was fun

Posting this because I really didn't feel comfortable giving that DIRECT statement of interest. Don't like doing that before I've been sexual with a girl. How SHOULD I have responded?

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My question is why are you having post-date conversations anyway just barely driving home from a date?

Always think "what would James Bond do?" I just don't see James Bond wasting his time trying to be a therapist to a woman over text messages right after having had a date with her driving his way home. He's too f%#@$% busy doing other things to let himself get dragged into something like that.
Me: (I just gave in.. Had no idea how else to respond at this point) Yeah, you looked good babe.
What she EXPECTED you to say. You were a good little boy there tsk tsk. You could have said

hero: just make sure you wear something sexier next time

Keep them b|tches on them toes at all times don't go easy on em even on the first date :D

Korrupt

Banned
Reaction score
f283000 said:
My question is why are you having post-date conversations anyway just barely driving home from a date?

Always think "what would James Bond do?" I just don't see James Bond wasting his time trying to be a therapist to a woman over text messages right after having had a date with her driving his way home. He's too f%#@$% busy doing other things to let himself get dragged into something like that.

What she EXPECTED you to say. You were a good little boy there tsk tsk. You could have said

Keep them b|tches on them toes at all times don't go easy on em even on the first date :D
I knew I was f*cking up as I said it and I can't believe I couldn't think of anything edgy/clever to say. Always have this feeling that I'm "losing my game" whenever I do stupid chump sh!t like this. I also love how she buttered me up with the compliment so I would give in, which I did, even though I knew EXACTLY what she was doing and that I shouldn't do what I ended up doing.

Appreciate the advice.

DantesPEAK

Reaction score
f283000 said:

Good advice bro.

ZenoB

Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:
Always think "what would James Bond do?"

You could have said

Reading this text conversation made me cringe a bit. You should have replied with one cool thing like this and ended it.

You didn't feel good about it because you know when you're not being like James Bond. Whenever you're unsure, it's usually better to wait until you are. Patience next time... wait until your home and you've collected your thoughts, and make her wait.

Not everyone is a natural with making clever comments, but with practice I think eventually you develop your wit to the point where these replies can come more spontaneously and you can be that ****y/ funny charismatic man of action.

Korrupt

Banned
Reaction score
The funny thing is I'm usually good with thinking of clever responses (on the spot to tease or in texts). Sh!t, I can think of some good ones now, but I couldn't last night on the way home. Well, past is past.. I'll see what happens with this one in time; just gonna wait it out till next week.

The main problem is that, for some reason, whenever a girl starts acting super insecure like that I start getting confused on what I should do. Sh!ts weird.

PokerStar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Korrupt said:
The main problem is that, for some reason, whenever a girl starts acting super insecure like that I start getting confused on what I should do. Sh!ts weird.
This is the point where you must demonstrate your solidness.

Either you dont respond at all or you lay it on nice and thick.

Miko

Reaction score
Korrupt said:
There is a fine line between a girl acting insecure and a girl being insecure. You were on a date with her so i'm sure you had a good feel of wheather or not she was insecure. A girl acting insecure is fishing for compliments... If you want the mystery going on, then don't give her what she wants.. ;)

PokerStar

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Miko said:
There is a fine line between a girl acting insecure and a girl being insecure. You were on a date with her so i'm sure you had a good feel of wheather or not she was insecure. A girl acting insecure is fishing for compliments... If you want the mystery going on, then don't give her what she wants.. ;)
i usually neg them when they fish. and not just any old neg. i go in pretty hard.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Korrupt said:
The funny thing is I'm usually good with thinking of clever responses (on the spot to tease or in texts). Sh!t, I can think of some good ones now, but I couldn't last night on the way home. Well, past is past.. I'll see what happens with this one in time; just gonna wait it out till next week.

The chick already likes you. What's there to debate? "You looked good babe" isn't going to ruin it. Relax.

And text less.

Miko

Reaction score
PokerStar said:
i usually neg them when they fish. and not just any old neg. i go in pretty hard.
And thats what they deserve! :up:

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Korrupt said:
The funny thing is I'm usually good with thinking of clever responses (on the spot to tease or in texts). Sh!t, I can think of some good ones now, but I couldn't last night on the way home.
Totally understandable. You just had a date with a girl, your mind was running 1000 miles an hour and had a million things on your mind. Happens to all of us.

That's the reason why conversating post-date is a bad idea. You don't want to ruin the feeling of the date with a possible mistake, and you want the girl to think about you and let the experience "soak in" in her mind.

It's a big part of game to learn to not be available for a woman whenever she wants us. Most guys are just happy to talk to a woman but a DJ has inner game tight enough that he can ignore a woman or end a conversation with her if he doesn't feel like talking. He can be available to her when he wants not when she wants.

Instead of thinking of cool replies to her (like the one i gave you) your first reply should have been

hero: Don't worry about it shorty. Driving home, talk to you tomorrow, peace.

The above would have helped you avoid getting into the -EV situation you got into. Winning this game is all about putting yourself in +EV situations.

You + girl + date = +EV
You + girl + post-date conversation + mental tiredness that often comes after just getting done with a date = -EV

scrouds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Let the hamster run a bit. I don't respond to texts if i don't want to. And that includes afterwards.

This girl I'm seeing now usually texts me afterwards saying thanks for a great night. I think I might have responded to them once.

Korrupt

Banned
Reaction score
I've got another question.. When IS the right time to respond and when is the right time to leave her hanging? The last girl I dated was reeeeaaally predictable and she texted me all the time so I always knew that I would get another text at some point whether I texted her or not. It was easy. Obviously not all girls are like that..

By the way, I did get a "good morning" text from this girl.

RockaRolla25

Don Juan
Reaction score
What does she look like? Does she have any tattoos? How was she acting on the date? Did she seem needy?

Korrupt

Banned
Reaction score
RockaRolla25 said:
What does she look like? Does she have any tattoos? How was she acting on the date? Did she seem needy?
5'6 130, used to be fat supposedly but is thin now, dark hair, blue eyes, not gorgeous but cute. Yes, she has several tattoos (nothing ridiculous). Body language.. She was kinoing me WAY before I kino'd her and she was doing it a lot; pupils dilated most of the date; talked a lot but also asked me a fair amount of questions; average eye contact (she'd make EC but wouldn't/couldn't hold it very long) and didn't really seem shy to me. The way she acted in person vs. through text was almost.. Contradictory... Through text I would say a bit insecure/needy but in person she seemed (for the most part) confident.

Example.. Before we set up the date she actually got in touch with me through Facebook and said "I'm doing good, but a little disappointed this guy didn't text me.." (talking about me by the way lmao) Seemed needy to me, as did the post date texts, but in person she didn't seem like that.

RockaRolla25

Don Juan
Reaction score
Korrupt said:
5'6 130, used to be fat supposedly but is thin now, dark hair, blue eyes, not gorgeous but cute. Yes, she has several tattoos (nothing ridiculous). Body language.. She was kinoing me WAY before I kino'd her and she was doing it a lot; pupils dilated most of the date; talked a lot but also asked me a fair amount of questions; average eye contact (she'd make EC but wouldn't/couldn't hold it very long) and didn't really seem shy to me. The way she acted in person vs. through text was almost.. Contradictory... Through text I would say a bit insecure/needy but in person she seemed (for the most part) confident.

Example.. Before we set up the date she actually got in touch with me through Facebook and said "I'm doing good, but a little disappointed this guy didn't text me.." (talking about me by the way lmao) Seemed needy to me, as did the post date texts, but in person she didn't seem like that.
I am just saying because she sounds just like someone I knew way back in the day, maybe 5 years ago. Just out of curiosity, what is the first letter of her name?

Korrupt

Banned
Reaction score
RockaRolla25 said:
I am just saying because she sounds just like someone I knew way back in the day, maybe 5 years ago. Just out of curiosity, what is the first letter of her name?
Lmao. Her names Jennifer.