Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

firm buttocks

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jariel
Yeah, squats are amazing for firm thighs and buttocks. I don't squat more than 100lbs as I don't have a spotter, but even 70lbs will give you some great results.

But never do exercise before going to bed. You need to feed your muscles protein after a work out, so any kind of exercise is best done before meals.

i work out at home, and i don't have a rack, therefore when i'm done with squats i have to bend down and let the barbell on the bench press support which is just 3 or 4 feet tall. obviously, i can't use big weights since it would fùck up my spine when i have to bend, either at the beginning and at the end of the exercise.

therefore, i never go over 50 kgs (115 lbs), just once i managed to do 70 kg (155 lbs) for 10 reps or so and my legs stayed sore for 5 or 6 days, plus i could barely bend my back for 2 days:)

should i keep doing squats, even though i can't use big weights? or is it better to cut them out and concentrate on stiff leg deadlift?

personal background: i'm 5'9, 150 lbs, very built upper body, but skinny legs (my calves are probably smaller than my arms), because when i was younger i would do chest and arms exercises with small weights (20 lbs or so) and pushups, but never trained my lower part

Last edited:

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so squats are useless if i lift less than my bodyweight?
anyway, nobody is answering... i hope the mods will get why i prefer to open a new thread, instead of posting into some old post that nobody reads...

Sweetcheeks

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm Chinese, I squat, and I HAVE A BUTT

You need to use a weight that is HEAVY ENOUGH FOR YOU.
It depends on your strength level.

If you are highly trained, weigh 150 pounds and are able to squat 300 pounds for ten proper reps, then squatting your body weight won't be enough of a load to stimulate gains.

On the other hand, if you weigh 300 pounds and are out of shape, then you'd be lucky to do a full squat with no weight at all.

You also need to squat to the point where the tops of your thighs are parallel to the ground to get the butt involved in the movement. The function of the butt is to increase the distance (angle) between your torso and your thighs (hip extension). This is why partial squats won't work your butt very much.

Get someone to watch you perform a squat from the side and give you feedback on how low you are going. And try to work with a weight that will bring you close to failure after no more than 8-12 reps.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
And I thought the coffee thread was bad.

Firm buttocks my arse (ha ha), this sounds like something you'd read in a women's fitness mag!

Just workout your legs and your glutes will grow! Firmness is down to bodyfat, if you're a wobblebutt then trim off the fat, it'll be hard as a rock.

(Narrower stance squats hit the glutes more, I find, incidentally)

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Warboss Alex
And I thought the coffee thread was bad.

Firm buttocks my arse (ha ha), this sounds like something you'd read in a women's fitness mag!

Just workout your legs and your glutes will grow! Firmness is down to bodyfat, if you're a wobblebutt then trim off the fat, it'll be hard as a rock.

smart4ss, tell me where i talked about making my glutes more firmed. that's just the title of this thread and i posted here, because otherwise mods would delete my thread.
i want to have a better looking 4ss, but since i have a 8-9% bodyfat, i highly doubt that making my butt more firm is the way to go.

anyway, for the ones not keen on insulting people over the internet for asking questions in a forum:

i've worked out before with 60-70 kg x 10 reps, but they made my spine hurt, so i lowered the weight. now i do 45 kg (100 lbs) for 10 reps, but i don't want to reach failure, since i don't have a rack. however, for 2-3 days after the workout, my buttocks are really sore (although my thighs will be just a bit tired), so i guess that weight is enough... is this correct?

the only other work out i can do is probably leg curls, are they good for legs and butt?

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

Wide stance hits them more, which is why powerlifters go with a wide stance instead of a narrow; to get the hamstrings to take more load. You can also carry the barbell at your rear deltoids instead of your traps to put more load on your hamstrings. If you push out with your heels when you go up in the rep you will put more load on your hamstrings also.

A narrow stance is pretty well known to hit the sweep on your legs IE The outer muscle of the quads.

Heizen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Also, if your spine hurts from doing only 145ish pounds, your form sucks major ass, period. It's not the squats. How do you expect your muscles to grow if you don't use enough weight?

Do a hack squat if you don't know yourself well enough or are strong enough to move 100lbs. Put the barbell at your heels behind you. Grab it, strand up, repeat. Thats a hack squat, and you don't need a spotter.

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Heizen
Also, if your spine hurts from doing only 145ish pounds, your form sucks major ass, period. It's not the squats. How do you expect your muscles to grow if you don't use enough weight?

Do a hack squat if you don't know yourself well enough or are strong enough to move 100lbs. Put the barbell at your heels behind you. Grab it, strand up, repeat. Thats a hack squat, and you don't need a spotter.

i don't think it's about the form, but i have very light bones so maybe that's the reason

regarding the harmstring thing you said, i always carry the barbell on my rear deltoids instead of the traps, so maybe that's why my thighs are never really sore, while 100 lbs is enough to get my glutes sore for a couple of days

AdrenalynJunkee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by D'light
ummmm....i weigh 180 and i can squat 270...maybe you guys are just weak in the legs?
I weigh 150 and squat 315x7. My squat dropped to 300 unfortunately because my tendinitis in my knees got worse.

AdrenalynJunkee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Jay-X
i don't think it's about the form, but i have very light bones so maybe that's the reason

regarding the harmstring thing you said, i always carry the barbell on my rear deltoids instead of the traps, so maybe that's why my thighs are never really sore, while 100 lbs is enough to get my glutes sore for a couple of days
Light bones? WTF. Its poor form. If you have the bar on the right spot, back arched, chest puffed out, head straight, and SQUAT, your back shouldnt hurt. Doesn't matter how "light" your bones are

Unregistered

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Plus his name is "Fill Me"....he's obviously looking to get his butt filled up. I'm not volunteering.

Gus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Two exercises:

Full squats
Weighted Lunges (with a barbell and preferrably a platform to step up onto)

Do those and you won't be able to sit the next day.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jay-X, I had a go but also gave you advice. Come on, with a thread title like that what did you expect?

Heizen, I find narrow stance hits my arse more.. maybe it's just me. Mind you, I nearly always do narrow stance squats so possibly I've forgotten. :)

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"the day my ass becomes my best bodypart is the day I quit bodybuilding" - Lee Priest

Jay-X

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jay-X, I had a go but also gave you advice. Come on, with a thread title like that what did you expect?

i'm not the one who wrote the thread. i posted in here, because otherwise the mods would have closed a new thread...

Hendrix

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do not squat past 90 degrees. If you don't want to have functional knees when you're 30 I'd recommend it.

Mojo604

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by duke007
Talking about squats reminds me of something funny that happened at the gym yesterday.

I was warming up my legs preparing for squats when 3 normal looking girls came in with a coach. One of them was hot, tight and blonde and was about the same height as me (5'6). She looked very fit but not noticeably muscly.

They took over both new squat racks right when I finished stretching so I had to use the crappy old one. I loaded up and started squatting 57.5kgs (126.5 pounds), which is my own body weight and a personal best.

I was excitedly thinking, "Yay, look at me everybody! I'm squatting my own body weight!"

But when I finished the set I looked over and the little blonde girly was squatting 100kgs (220lbs) !!!!!!!!!!!! That's like giving some fat dude a piggy back.

F*ck this is unprecedented...not half squats either. I couldn't believe my eyes. The other 2 were doing 80kgs. It was damn intimidating, women shouldn't be that strong!
The women werent strong, you are just weak.:crackup:

They were probably sporty chicks with tight butt cheeks. Strong cheeks.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hendrix
Do not squat past 90 degrees. If you don't want to have functional knees when you're 30 I'd recommend it.
bullsh!t.

Bodybuilding myth #1537... probably up higher than that, like myth number 2 or something, but anyway, that's a load of crock.