Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Finding a passion

Don Juan Wannabe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys I've been hear silently reading and trying to learn what I can but know I was hoping for some help

I've never really had many hobbies or "passions" to keep be busy and I really think its important to be a more well rounded person and keep my mind off of women to have more self control...

Im not asking for you to tell me what to do but I would like some input on things I could possibly persue this summer...

Right now I've gotten serious about weight lifting and am thinking about doing two things

taking up guitar
taking up some sort of martial art
^^^
Any other suggestions and please, what do you think would be the most practical martial arts to take that I could actually use if I ever am forced to defend myself

been looking around can't really find anything around here except for tae kwon toe.....

mmm

thanks...

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
Any other suggestions and please, what do you think would be the most practical martial arts to take that I could actually use if I ever am forced to defend myself
Ever hear of the story where a black-belt karate guy got the crap beat out of him by a street-raised guy?

Point is, study beforehand what art will provide you the best benefit to you, whether it'd be control, moves, defense, offense, state of mind, etc.

Or basically, you can't do a karate chop if the other guy knifed your hand.
Or a roundhouse kick if he's too tall.
Think about that before you join a certain art for one particular thing.

Don Juan Wannabe

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yah thats why I was asking, I don't know much but from what I hear most martial arts like karate are just that, art...mostly forms and while yes that can be great and all I want something I can benifit from right now. That will actually have some use in the REAL world...

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
Any one of the arts can be beneficial to you, we could recommend one based on our experiences, but it might not suit you, because the training varies.

Your best move would be to research a little, and try a couple out for a bit, sit in on a class...you know?

Don Juan Wannabe

Don Juan
Reaction score
I know but still its always nice to get some input from someone whose really gotten into this stuff...I appreciate the advice though. ill try to do some more research, pardon my ignorance but whats gonna be the easiest way to find place around the house? As for everything else, I mean what have you guys really gotten into. What hobbies that well contribute to yourself in a good way, example; video games don't count!!!

Fitch

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to start surfing this summer; I've been snowboarding for two seasons now, and I've really progressed quickly.

What can I say? I'm a fast learner! :up:

And, I've been playing the guitar since seventh grade. :cool:

My biggest passion, in general, is the water - swimming, surfing, jet skiing, and other water-sports; I just love that stuff.

Does sex count as a passion? :p

WC2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's really shouldn't be a chore to find a passion. Find something you enjoy, and do it to the fullest. Girls want a guy who has a passion bigger than his passion for ladies. Music, sports, business, the list is endless. Sometimes there are things you've already done that are a lot of fun that you may not have pursued as much as you should have. For example, I played drums for a year or so and totally put it on the backburner. When I got to college I decided that I wanted to really master it. Before I knew it I was having so much fun that it didn't really feel like I had to do it; I WANTED to do it.

On the outside, women say they want to be your #1 goal. On the inside, women really want someone who has other goals besides her.

Nexxus

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
recount of all my passion's since I was a baby... and the results
1 year old - loving mom... *ya kinda normal...
2 - learning all this baby stuff... * also normal
3 - pretty much just enjoy life and look at the world in a special way *also normal
4 - swimming, golf... look at the world... *memory makes me enjoy this as a fun time in my life...
5 - swimming *same as when I was 5
6 - tasting different foods, soccer/swimming *at this time I remember having a lot of friends... especially for my age
7 - video games *moved country, lost all my friends and got unreal friends on a screen
8 - video games/soccer *made some friends... but my mom left and she kinda controlled my eating habits and with my dad we ate a lot together and I grew fat....
9 - video games *mom came back after I started growing real fat and put me on a diet... but I still was depressed... I managed to still have quite a few friends though... still hated girls at this time... freaky *****es eh?
10 - video games *new year but in one of my old countries... rememberred half of my old friends..., lucky I wasn't a teenagere yet
11 - video games/basketball *started running...went to my first party... even though it was a small one for under 13 yr olds but w/e
12 - video games/basketball *kinda depressing year...
13 - try to get friends.../video games *fed up with being unpopular/ppl calling me gay etc, finally towards end of year started getting some results...
14 - continue on last year of improve social circle *got into cool clique, started going to nearly all social events..., grades really sucked tho...
summer holiday - basketball and running, diet *this was such an important summer for me because I worked hard as hell on basketball and improved my stamina and speed by so much... lost a lot of weight too, this is how I became so good in basketball (at least for one year...)
15 - basketball, rugby, gym continue on big social clique thing * lost most of my fat this year...gained strength, this was one of my strongest social years of my life, became star of basketball team which I now suck at... girls finally recognized me and liked me... the cost was failing and repeating sophomore year, finally ***** is mine
16 - basketball, soccer, volleyball, track, gym *changed country and school to current Ethiopia, became one of the school's athletes, am one of the most popular guys... got my first gf, still go toall the social events but only because I don't want to become unsocial not because I want to improve, concentrating on my grades... GPA was 3.2/4 which isn't bad next year junior
this summer holiday - soccer, gym, running, diet * I think this summer will be just as important as the 2004 summer because I have found a passion for soccer which I never had before. I work on it everyday and do gym as well. I still consider myself to be overweight even though everybody says I'm normal... plan on being one of top soccer players in school, if not the best... which is real hard since there's quite a few talented guys...

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It comes by doing different things and exploring.

Paradigm Artisan

Don Juan
Reaction score
A Martial Art that kicks @ss is Kempo.

Anyway, if you want to be passionate about something, why not life? No, it's not a hobby, it's not a sport, it's fackin' life. Anything that is around you, live it up. Why do you need an activity to feel passionate?

When a friend calls you up, "Hey dude, I'm going surfin', wanna come?"

Go for it, have a fun time. Even if you don't know how. Wherever you are, whatever your doing, you can be passionate about getting the most out of it. You don't neccessarily have to have a hobby to have passion in your life. When your just passionate about living life to the fullest, you'll be busy with tons of things that you already like.

I don't think women like a guy who is passionate about one thing in his life, as much as they like a guy who brings that passion to other things in his life. So, there's no need to limit it to one thing. You can expand it to anything.