5 x 135 lbs.

Barbell Curls
6 x 55 lbs.
4 x 60 lbs.

Hammer Curls
6 x 25 lbs.
4 x 30 lbs.
6 x 30 lbs.

Deadlifts are still going up, rows not so much. My right forearm has metal plates holding both bones together, and certain exercises seem to aggravate it. The barbell rows and curls especially do. It was hurting more than usual so I ended up skipping a set of barbell curls. The hammer curls weren't hurting it much though so I was able to do a third set of those.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
good work bro, keep it up.

If you stagnate on the rows, switch it up to underhand grip for a while... or tbar rows.

Also, throw 2 sets of pullups in before your curls.
2x6-9

Satori

Don Juan
Reaction score
Underhand rows might be less hard on my forearm, I'll try that next time. The problem with pullups is I could usually never do more than one in good form. I can give it a shot, though. Do you mean overhand or underhand grip?

Satori

Don Juan
Reaction score
Legs/abs
Squats
6 x 125
6 x 130
5 x 140

Straight Leg Deadlifts
6 x 155
6 x 165
5 x 175

Calf Raise
6 x 110
6 x 120
5 x 130

Weighted Crunches
6 x 25
6 x 25
6 x 25

My upper weight limit is up to 149. I'm pretty excited about breaking 150. When my whole weight range is above 150, I'll be ecstatic.

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you stagnate on the rows, switch it up to underhand grip for a while... or tbar rows.
Warm up properly before you do underhand grip barbell rows, it's really common to tear a bicep with this exercise if you slack off on the warm ups.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hell yeah MOM.... I don't think anything should really be done heavy without a lot of warmups... and with low volume heavy stuff, it's not fatiguing to do lots of warmups. Better safe than sorry.

If you bust deads + some pullthroughs, then I think 1-2 warmup sets should get him set.

Secondly, to Satori: For the pullups, no way to get you an assisted pullup? Do it underhand grip, and go for 6...

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The strength for pullups will come in good time - if you can do one in good form then keep trying and you should get two, then try for three, etc and you'll get there.

How's your diet looking?

Re warmups: I agree that they're essential but make sure you don't wear yourself out on them! The magic is in the set with your maximum weight, the warmups are just prepping the muscle for this one.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re warmups: I agree that they're essential but make sure you don't wear yourself out on them! The magic is in the set with your maximum weight, the warmups are just prepping the muscle for this one.
ahh.. and therein lies the delicate balance only learned through experience and such.

Satori

Don Juan
Reaction score
I went to lift last Friday, but I felt sick and ended up leaving after maybe 15 minutes. I didn't want to make it worse, and I wasn't lifting as much because of it.

Monday was the 4th so the gym was closed.

I'm about to go now, I'll post that when I get back.

My diet isn't as organized now because it varies from day to day. I am eating a lot more protein though . During the week I am still doing

Meal 1:
2 hard boiled eggs
bowl of raisin bran

Meal 2:
Tuna packet (family size 3.5 servings)
Oatmeal
Some peanut butter or fruit

Meal 3:
same as 2

The rest of the meals vary among salmon, tuna, chicken, ground beef, steak, lamb occasionally, sweet potatoes, spinich salad, milk, and wheat bread.

Usually last meal is peanut butter, milk,
and spoonful of flax oil.

I have had a weak appetite the last few days, though, as well as having occasional headaches, upset stomach, and just generally feeling crappy. I think I got some kind of mild cold or flu or something. So I haven't been eating as much as I'd like to be.

I'm still at 148 - 150 lbs. though so I'm holding steady.

Question: Is sunflower oil a good source of EFAs or is it unhealthy?

Last edited:

Satori

Don Juan
Reaction score
Chest/Tris/Delts
Bench Press
6 x 105 lbs.
6 x 115 lbs
4 x 120 lbs

Dips
8 reps
6 reps
8 reps

Close Grip Bench Press
6 x 95 lbs.
6 x 100 lbs.
6 x 105 lbs.

Military Press
6 x 65
6 x 75
4 x 80

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, flax seed oil contain a better ratio of omega3/6 than sunflower oil.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i will explain the problem with sunflower oil. the numbers i will use are not at all correct but it will be enough for explaining how it works.

the human body can assimiliate 10g of EFA per day, NOT MORE. omega3 and omega6 will be assimilated like the following

you drink 100g sunfloweroil, containing 90g omega6, 10g omega3.

your body will asimiliate 9g omega 6, 1g omega3

you drink 20g flaxseedoil, the body will use 5g omega 3 and 5g omega6.

the surplus will be stored as fat or burned as energy.

it's best when omega3-omega6 is ratio 1:1, 1:5 is acceptable, but usual with common nutrition todays like sunfloweroil etcetc is ratio 1:20 which is really bad. so, die sunflower oil. also sunflower sounds girly.

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Any opinions of Olive oil? What about mashed raw flaxseeds, are they a better alternative, in regards to both effect and price?

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha.. sunflower sounds girly... that's a real meathead argument.

mashed flaxseeds are cool, give some fibers along with the EFAs. Works awesome in oatmeal porridge.

Double

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
;)

olive oil is good but it's NOT a source for omega3, but a source for monounsaturated

a good approach would prolly be

1scoop olive oil, 1scoop flaxseeoil, 1scoop fishoil.

but i just throw in some random fishoil caps, and sometimes i take a sip of my flaxseed oil bottle and go buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh:eek: :down:

:crackup:

i agree, however i only ate mashed flaxseeds RAW and did go buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh :eek: as well.

TheRelic

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
haha... ill take your word for it. But the mashed ones cant be too much worse than the oil... damn!

I take 30g flaxseed oil a day so that should do for a while.

Warboss Alex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Just eat oily fish, an excellent source of both protein AND fat.

If you can afford it, Udo's Choice is an omega-oil blend which is 2:1:1 omegas 3:6:9, and tastes pretty bland so it can be mixed into nearly anything.

Extra Virgin olive oil is a great source of mono's and calories, AND is the food of the gods.

Double, I'd like to see a link or references (plus evidence) to your statement concerning how many EFA's the human body can assimilate. People've 'proved' that the body can only assimilate 2g of protein per kg bodyweight or some such .. yet in practice it's been proved very, very wrong.

Top Bottom