Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Field report: the tortoise approach

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, last night was an odd one. I'm interested in some of your thoughts.

I went to see a cool play, with no expectations of meeting any women I don't already know. I was dressed uniquely sharp, in a vintage suit and tie, definitely different than anybody else.

As soon as I entered the theatre, I encountered a very interesting, eccentric gal who spent a lot of the evening around me, and was paying a lot of attention to me. But even though I flirted with her, and was a bit physical, we both had very few words to say, most of which were little wisecracks: (her: "can I sit next to you?"; me: "I think you can"). All in all, a good vibe, but we couldn't get a proper conversation going. She's in an upcoming play, and gave me a flyer, so I'll see her again. But I didn't get her number. For some strange reason it didn't feel right at all.

Then I went to a club I go to a lot of the time. Again, had little to say , but hung out with a lot of my many acqaintances and friends in the scene, mostly listening during the conversations, and doing a bit of physical flirting (light touching, flirting looks, etc.) with some of the gals. One gal in particular, who I see around, but never paid all that much attention to me before, was clearly giving me some signals. But again, it didn't feel right to break the flow, pull her aside, and get her number. I'll meet her again soon enough.

And there's another gal who until very recently had been cold as shyte to me, but I had a "so what?" sort of attitude, and had later been chatting with her bandmates about music, ignoring her, and then she started "bumping into" me a lot (chuckling).

At one show some weeks ago she seemed to be trying toget my attention by standing very close to me, occasionally making "incidental" contact without any overt flirting gestures. But I had so few earlier indications of anything but hostility, so I didn't know what to make of it, nor did I have anything at all to say. That night I was very non-converational, just enjoying the show, acknowledging my frineds, and looking cool.

Last night she again was bumping into me a bit, but I did not go out of my way or rudely cut off anyone else I was listening to in order to acknowledge her in any way, shape or form. She's cute, and an interesting dresser, but I'm still not sure of her, and I'm pretty sure she's unclear as to where I stand.

This is all rather interesting. Usually I can tell when it's right to get a phone #. In these instances, my sense was that I needed to keep 'em guessing a bit more, increase the sexual tension, and let 'em see there's competition.

In the past, I've had situations when I killed the attraction by going for the number too soon, and other times I've missed the window of opportunity. My gut feeling was that it wasn't time yet.

My game now is very much a "tortoise," as opposed to "hare" approach, developing an image, patiently cultivating contacts, and playing it very cool (and sometime physically hot, when the opportunity presents itself), until the "green light" goes on. When a gal is truly interested, I've found it always does, but I didn't see it yet last night with any of these gals. Though I could sense the sexual tension building. I think it's better to be mysterious and hard to get than over eager, so time is on my side, as long as I make the move when the light turns green.

I'll report how it goes.

Any thoughts from your experiences, fellow DJ people?

Aresx

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol...

i saw tortoise approach and thought you were going to dress up like a f.ucking turtle!

LMFAO

KiInCollege

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
USA, Graduated Already - old screen name!
Maybe you lack confidence. If any of these girls are interested, you are frustrating or disappointing them by not making a move. Nice guys are tortoises - you should go after what you want without excuses.

I think you are too passive. Consider working towards being more assertive.

Aresx

Don Juan
Reaction score
f.uck the toritoise and the hare...

be a wolf. hunt your prey and go in for the kill.

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bonhomme
Wow, last night was an odd one. I'm interested in some of your thoughts....

In the past, I've had situations when I killed the attraction by going for the number too soon, and other times I've missed the window of opportunity....

Any thoughts from your experiences, fellow DJ people?
by your own admission, you've "missed the window of opportunity" by waiting too long. So the tortoise approach is not always the right approach for you.

Here's a story for ya.... one night I was very drunk in a bar and was making a quick lap looking for any cute girls to approach. I spotted one sitting at a table with a small group of people to my left who was looking at me, I stopped and did a double take, and without hesitation, turned and walked up to her with a smile and started a convo.

She smiled back and said "girls really like a guy that approaches right away, no fear, no BS."

Now she can't speak for all girls, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Bonhomme

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Frequent contacts vs. pickups

It appears I didn't communicate the setting very well. These aren't typical one-time meeting pickups. They're more like the person in your class that shows a hint of attraction. I've found these situations are blown more often by impatience than too much patience. Especially in a tight-knit scene like this one. I see it all the time. Lots of acquaintances evolve into relationships without pressuring anyone. In fact, that is more common than the one-time pickup.

I've seen too many gals go crazy about men they can't get through to. They think about them all the time. There's a method to my madness. I've not betrayed any high interest of my own, just a bit of friendly flirtation at best.

The one gal I did see for the first time, I've made arrangements to meet again. No need to get a phone number to set up a meeting that's already set to happen. If that goes well, then I'll get her number.

However, when I meet someone I'm not sure I'll see again any time soon, then I always tell her to give me her phone number. Always phone #s, too. If they say they don't have a phone, or some such nonsense, I tell them I don't believe them. I don't take email addresses, unless I also get the phone #, because they've never come to anything.

I don't think any of these gals have enough interest to get worked up about, anyway ... yet.