Field Report: Not great, but ok for a first!

Moneytalks

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was stood up on Monday by a girl I really liked. We were due to meet at 1 and I told her that if she was more than 10 minutes late I'd go to the pub 'cause it was freezing and hanging around tube stations is a little suspicious. After that I'd wait until 20 past and then I'd be gone. So 10 minutes passes, and I check my emails on my phone "Not coming, see you later". 5 minutes AFTER we were due to meet. What a b!tch.

I was sitting in the corner of the pub, happily drinking my Guinness, been there about 25 minutes maybe, and a girl, who was obviously there to meet someone sat at the table next to me. Quite an attractive girl actually, about 5'6", very light brown hair. Can't remember her eyes. About the same age as me (18). About an 8/10

She left her stuff, went to get a drink and came back, looking a little harassed and constantly checking her watch so I decided to make conversation. Started with a line I can't remember but it went a little like...

Moneytalks (MT): I made a joke about her checking her watch all the time. Something along the lines of it won't go any faster.
Her: haha, that was terrible.
MT: I'll have you know I make the worst jokes this side of the Watford gap
Her: I can see that. Does it take much practice?
MT: No, but a couple of these *holds up his Guinness* certainly helps to stamp out the embarrassment.
Her: "well, that's always good*

This was just full of small talk, introducing ourselves, I asked her who she was meeting, she said her friend (female name, I can't remember it), she told me she was living nearby as she'd just started university.

Anyway, we were chatting for about 15 minutes and her friend called saying she'd be a bit later, so I bought the girl a drink and we fluff-talked a bit. I cracked a lot of jokes, and then I had to take a wizz. When I came back she said "do you want to buy me another drink? ;)".

MT: Tell you what, I'll arm wrestle you for it. If you win I'll buy you a drink, if I win you buy me one.
Her: haha, that's not fair.
MT: So you're just going to buy me my drink without a fight then? :up:
Her: haha, fine.

At this point I pretend like I'm going to let her win, put on a real show and totally flip it to beating her. She put on a fake surprise and disappointment at losing.

Her: With a shy-ish smile "how could that happen? I'm so shocked!"
So she buys me a pint.

About 15 minutes later (30 minutes in total from meeting her) after more fluff talk, joking and laughing I decide I should start wrapping up and go home so I said I had to go to the bathroom again so I had time to plan my next move (weird?), and off I trot. I come back out to see her on the phone so I go back over and she finishes up just as I get back.

MT: Hey, I should probably head off now
Her: Oh, me too. My friend wants me to meet her at the tube station
MT: Ah, which one?
Her: Bond Road, I think? (Remember, she's not local)
MT: You mean Bond Street?
Her: Yeah, that's the one. I'm so useless with these things.
MT: Girls usually are
Her: Oi! That's sexist!
MT: Just because it's sexist doesn't mean it's true. I'm heading that way, my stop's a few past Bond Street. Fancy some company?
Her: *She giggled* "Yeah, I could do with being shown where to get off"
MT: "Bet you could". It was just an off the cuff remark I didn't really think about at all. (She blushed here)
MT: Let's go then

So off we go and a bit of chatting later, telling her that I was heading home the day after and blah blah, that I go down to London every few weeks to see my dad. I asked for her number. She said yeah, so I saved it, gave her mine.

Bond street came, did the usual pleasantries "nice to meet you, I'll text you soon and maybe we can meet up when I'm back down here?"
She said "yeah, I'd like that"

And we went our seperate ways.

I know it's not great, but it's the best I've done in a long time. If I'm honest, I was so pissed at the girl who stood me up I can't remember much of the fluff talk and a few of the details are hazy due to the 6 pints of beer I'd had in a short space of time. But yeah, she sent me a text just saying hey.

I wanted to share that as I was a bit pleased about it.

Moneytalks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks buddy. I'm not sure what it was exactly, but it was something like "I hear if you look at it that often, the time starts going backwards", or "do you have to move your arm to charge it?" I really can't remember but it was something like that.

Pimp-sicle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You did really well bro. I think you could've escalated the attraction even more!

Remember, there isn't a certain order of events you must follow when your seducing a girl. For example, instead of thinking "must get the number," see how things are going before deciding how to play it.

Can't tell you how many times chicks are more open to hook up right then and move forward. Often times she'll give you her number after or start chasing you.

This girl already text you, she's INTERESTED! Strike while the iron is hot!! Set up another hang out session and ESCALATE ESCALATE ESCALATE!!!

PIMP

Moneytalks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Cheers pimp. :D

I'd like to meet up again, but it can't be done, realistically. I'm moving house in Yorkshire so can't get down to London until all that's sorted. Then after that I have all my briefings for the navy, then I'm looking at heading to London for 3 weeks in the middle of February.

I'll just play it by ear, if we keep in touch between now and then then I'll give it another go. Also, I should mention it was about 2pm, not the evening.

Moneytalks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Seeing as I am English, that makes sense. Would you like me to do all my future FRs by voice? I could upload them to rapidshare or something :up:

Moneytalks

Don Juan
Reaction score
Update on this:
Rang the girl last week after sending a couple of texts a week to each other since. She said she was busy on the 2 days I could do so I decided to say "I'll see you next time I'm here then."

Win some and lose some.

Mantis Toboggan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You did a great job man. Everything sounded perfectly natural and organic. Nothing corny or "trying too hard."

Whether you get the girl or not, you made a great step in the right direction.

boomerick

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
This is SOOO much better than the "I did this technique, then that technique, but then I was tossed up about the next technique" type of reports. Relaxed, confident, natural. Good job! Over and Out