Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Field Report: Looking Back at New Year

Gunner26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, this is quite long so I understand if you don't read it all.
Second, I'm just looking for a bit of critique on what I maybe could have done differently/did wrong.
Third, I really just felt like writing this down to reflect on later haha.

Here we go.

So I went back to Uni for new years and went to a house party some girls I knew were hosting. It wasn't massive, just a get together of all the people we know who were back in town. My housemates and a few others played some drinking games at ours before going to the girls.

Interesting point 1.

After arriving at the party I get talking to a HB5 that I used to live with in halls back in first year. She's going out with my housemate and is one of the few girls that I think of purely as a friend and am glad for. Anyway we get talking and she tells me I smell nice (new aftershave - Tommy by Tommy Hillfinger :up: ) blah blah, and then she tells me that my standards are too high. This isn't unusual, and I've been told it before by the girls that she lives with, but this time I wanted to know why they thought that, and as she was a friend it was quite an honest conversation. Although basically girl logic came out of her mouth haha.

First my standards were too high because I only make out with attractive girls, nothing wrong with that I told her, would you get with somebody you find unattractive? Her answer was no.
Next my standards were too high because I don't seal the deal, ie I get bored of some girls when on a night out. I said that was fair, but I get with girls because it's fun, if I'm not having fun I move on, if it means I end up with nothing at the end of the night, no matter. Coincidentally I have never ended up with anything at the end of the night haha, but again it doesn't bother me.
Lastly my standards were too high because I reject girls. If I'm not attracted to them, I don't want to get involved, not on a night out at any rate. This one I found quite funny and hypocritical, which I pointed out to her, knowing full well how many times she has rejected a guy on a night out, and turning it on her saying that she had just as high standards as me.

Now I say again this conversation was all lighthearted, but there was a definite undertone to it which I noticed. What I want to know here guys is what could it have been?

Interesting Point 2

After my conversation with my HB5 friend I mingled some more kept on drinking, the usual. I'm standing around talking with my housemate and we are joking around about who I'm going to kiss at midnight. For the past month or so my house and I have been joking about me getting with this HB6 that I used to live with, and so we joke about me kissing her at midnight. Couple minutes later this girl then appears and starts talking to us, my housemate point blank tells her to 'give Gunner a snog then' which we both laugh at. Turns out she was keen and actually moved in for it. But I declined, mainly because I had a coleslaw and didn't really fancy passing it on to somebody I knew.
Later in the night me and a friend leave the party for town, and my housemate who stayed keeps texting me telling me the HB6 keeps asking where I've gone. He wasn't lying, as I got told the following morning by somebody else that she kept asking after me once I had left.
This encounter itself isn't that important, but it becomes interesting because of this.

Interesting Point 3

A HB7 that I know was at the party, she's doing a year abroad in Spain, but was back for Christmas and New Year. Normally we get on really well, plenty of flirting and touching etc. However this time around she was almost distant, and nervous around me. I didn't think much of it, and put it down to her having been in Spain and meeting a guy, and not flirting because of it.
Turns out that the girls at the party had planned for this HB7 to be my midnight kiss, and then shag, and she was in on it and up for it and told my housemate so after I had left for town. The nervousness that I had thought was because of another guy, was actually because she wanted to get with me. Can't believe I didn't realise it haha. Anyway midnight comes and goes, she was nowhere to be seen, so no kiss.

What I don't understand about this situation is, if the girls planned for the HB7 to get with me, why was the HB6 up for getting off with me in front of her?

Interesting Point 4

Just to round out the evening, after my friend and I left the party for a club in town, he just wanted to pull. I told him that's fine by me, so long as he did the approaching, because I normally do it. He was terrible at it haha, I think he got blown off by pretty much every girl in the place, but he didn't care and laughed it off saying it was all practice. I was actually real happy for him, and this guy will go places now, his balls were made of steel, just needs to work on how to approach. In hindsight I probably should have done some approaching just for practice, and to help him out, but I thought to throw him in at the deep end instead.
Anyway while he was busy talking to every girl in the club, I got talking to a HB7 23 year old who had blown him off earlier. She tried joking around with me about how bad he was, but I put her in her place, telling her that everyone's got to start somewhere, and besides, if he hadn't approached her, she wouldn't have had the opportunity to talk to me. After this I literally shut her up by going for the make-out. First make-out of 2014, 2 hours in haha :D

Anyway that's about it. I ended up walking home with my mate, both of us hammered, but having had a great time.

If you got this far thank you gentlemen, and what are your thoughts?

Oh and Happy New Year.

Gunner

TheException

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Main Points that stood out to me

Gunner26 said:
and then she tells me that my standards are too high. This isn't unusual, and I've been told it before by the girls that she lives with, but this time I wanted to know why they thought that, and as she was a friend it was quite an honest conversation. Although basically girl logic came out of her mouth haha.
Shouldnt have even had this conversation. Was it really a surprise girl logic followed? I think its almost a form of a sh1t test to see if you get defensive or try to explain yourself...which is essentially what you do by egging her on to explain herself. Next time just say "probably..." with a smirk and leave it at that.

Gunner26 said:
I get bored of some girls when on a night out. I said that was fair, but I get with girls because it's fun, if I'm not having fun I move on, if it means I end up with nothing at the end of the night, no matter. Coincidentally I have never ended up with anything at the end of the night haha, but again it doesn't bother me.
This I find interesting....

Dont mean to be harsh but I find it highly unlikely the reason you arent getting laid is because you are getting "bored" with every single girl you meet. I think you may just be at a roadblock in your game of being able to transition into having sex on the first night under the guise of "getting bored". Its easier for a guy to have some reason as to why he doesnt get laid rather than hurt his ego. I think theres opportunity for growth here...

Gunner26 said:
For the past month or so my house and I have been joking about me getting with this HB6 that I used to live with, and so we joke about me kissing her at midnight. Couple minutes later this girl then appears and starts talking to us, my housemate point blank tells her to 'give Gunner a snog then' which we both laugh at. Turns out she was keen and actually moved in for it. But I declined, mainly because I had a coleslaw and didn't really fancy passing it on to somebody I knew.
Later in the night me and a friend leave the party for town, and my housemate who stayed keeps texting me telling me the HB6 keeps asking where I've gone. He wasn't lying, as I got told the following morning by somebody else that she kept asking after me once I had left.
This encounter itself isn't that important, but it becomes interesting because of this.
Fvck that....shoulda kissed her.

Gunner26 said:
What I don't understand about this situation is, if the girls planned for the HB7 to get with me, why was the HB6 up for getting off with me in front of me
Easily explained....Preselection mate. Girls like guys, who are liked by other girls. Essentially if you got three girls talking to you and they like you....other girls in the room that take notice automatically feel themselves more attracted to you too.

Gunner26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the response Exception.

I agree I should have just avoided the conversation, but as she is a friend I thought it would be a bit more eye-opening. Obviously not.

In regards to me getting bored, you are right, and wrong at the same time. I do find it difficult to transition from the make-out to taking a girl home, it's something I think I've posted about before, and which I still haven't got down yet, but am actively working on. However there are times where I do generally get bored of a girl, normally it is due to a combination of it being early in the night and her either being a terrible kisser/not that attractive. I can't stand a bad kisser, it's a massive turn off. Although I do cede that I have probably used this excuse in the past to rationalise a missed opportunity rather than admit that I messed up. It's something I need to work on, and I appreciate you calling me out on it.

I agree, I should have just kissed her. Next time.

Interesting point about pre-selection, I hadn't thought about that and now that you mention it that seems a good point. Thanks.

Gunner

Poop1337

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I think you should have stuck with the party and got the hb7 you like. Also don't get bored with girls who kiss bad. Get tired of girls who are not kissing or ****ing.

Gunner26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
In hindsight I definitely should have stayed at the house party and tried to get with the HB7, however I was under the impression that she wasn't interested. It was not until the morning after that I found out that she was actually nervous and wanted some action.

I can't really help it, if I'm kissing a girl and she's terrible it just becomes a chore and I'm not going to keep going, I'd rather eject and go have fun with my mates. Although I agree about girls who aren't up for anything, I usually leave fairly quickly.

Gunner

Mr Wright

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gunner26 said:
In hindsight I definitely should have stayed at the house party and tried to get with the HB7, however I was under the impression that she wasn't interested. It was not until the morning after that I found out that she was actually nervous and wanted some action.

I can't really help it, if I'm kissing a girl and she's terrible it just becomes a chore and I'm not going to keep going, I'd rather eject and go have fun with my mates. Although I agree about girls who aren't up for anything, I usually leave fairly quickly.

Gunner
When you're young and learning take every opportunity you can get, you can grow into your standards because once you try everything once(twice just in case you did it wrong the first time) you start to realise what you like more. What you pass up whilst you're learning is possibly a lesson you'll never have, never learn from and may be forever ignorant about. You never know what each situation may lead to. Try the challenge where you're not allowed to back out of or say no to anything for a month, you'll have some crazy experiences!

Gunner26

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Interesting insight Mr Wright. I agree I should go for it more, mainly for the experience, it's just that I don't like the feeling that what I'm doing is a chore, in my eyes it's supposed to be fun, and if I'm not having it, I'm not interested.

I shall have a go at the challenge later on in the month once my exams are done, it could be pretty fun.

Gunner