field report: girl uses AFC as power play

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well..

I think I have discovered another reason why some women have AFCs as friends.

Not only do they use them as emotional tampons they use them to get a leg up on guys who are dating them.

On the weekend I told a girl that I would like to take her out again (for a second date). I told her that we could just do something fun and there would no need to plan anything. We would figure out what to do when I met her at the coffee shop.

I met up with her and parked next to her car and then called her over. She had a paper with her that had movie listings.

She got in my car and started to read the paper. She wanted to see a movie. I figured she wanted to see Walk the line and suggested that to her. She told me that she wanted to see that with her guy friend. I was a bit taken back to that because I had quized her on what movies she liked on the first date and Walk the line was one of them.

Then she gave me the paper and I looked at it. While I was looking I started to feel rather insulted. I was being upstaged by one of her "guy friends". Regardless, I looked at the paper and asked her what else she was interested in. She couldn't make up her mind. So I just looked at the paper and said, "well there doesn't seem to be anything else interesting that is playing at this time"

Then my DJing kicked in and I realized that the only way out of this situation was either a) end the date, b) take her someplace else. I wasn't going to be #2 on her list of importance.

Anyway, I realized that I was being upstaged so I said, "ah there is nothing good on lets go play pool and get a drink, have some fun" She then said, "I don't drink". At that moment she started reading all the movie descriptions in a frantic manner. She didn't know what do to. I didn't want to go to a movie with her. I wanted to take her out for some fun.

At that point, I was starting to get rather annoyed with her. She was nothing but a dull b-itch and now she is trying to force a movie on me? It almost seemed as if her plan was backfiring.

And this is where I lost my cool.

I started to debate ending the date, but then I figured that a movie would be the best way to get my wits back. So I told her to stop looking at the paper and just go the theater to see what is playing. She quickly made up her mind as to what movie she wanted to see.

I drove her there and the only thing that was playing was derailed. She was like, "oh I don't know about that movie. it doesn't sound that great" I replied with, "ah lets just go with things who cares anyway". I was thinking, "you're not worth anything f-ucken good"

I sat down with her and watched the movie. I went up to buy pop corn and a drink. I was very nice to her and asked if she wanted anything. She refused my offer. I came back and then totally ignored her for the entire movie.

The move wasn't that bad and she ended up liking it. I then said to her, "yeah, that is what happens when you just go with things. "

After that, I droped her off at her car and didn't let her get close to me for a hug. I just gave her my shoulder and said bye to her from an angle.

Anyway, this is the kind of **** I sometimes have to put up with.

There is nothing worse then a stupid cold b-itch like that. I could of DJed her and got something out of her but she just pissed me off with her failure to show some damn respect.

In conclusion, I lost my cool with this girl due to her lack of respect. I don't really care though, girls like that are useless for LTRs.

I'm still rather pissed of about the whole thing.

Might send her an email with the following, "Hey. Just letting you know that next weekend I have plans with someone. You're way too cold for me"

DJDamage

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by 00Kevin
On the weekend I told a girl that I would like to take her out again (for a second date). I told her that we could just do something fun and there would no need to plan anything. We would figure out what to do when I met her at the coffee shop.
This is what happens when you don't have a plan for the date and try to find out what she wants.

This is a second date and its your call. You need to take charge, she should follow your agenda. This is your journey and she is there for the ride.

If she doesn't like it then too bad she is not the right girl for you to date.

This is how your phone conversation should have went prior to her seeing you:

00Kevin: I want to go see the movie "walk on line"

Girl: yeah I want to see it to but I promised one of my guy friends to see it with.

00Kevin: oh ok well I really had my heart set to see that movie so I am going to see it by myself or call someone. I will call you another time then?!

Girl: (if she had high interest in you she would say): wait.... yeah I want to go and see that movie with you .

(If she had low interest) ok call me.

and that's how you know what kind of a girl you are dealing with.

DjDamage

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: field report: girl uses AFC as power play

Originally posted by DJDamage
This is what happens when you don't have a plan for the date and try to find out what she wants.

This is a second date and its your call. You need to take charge, she should follow your agenda. This is your journey and she is there for the ride.

If she doesn't like it then too bad she is not the right girl for you to date.

This is how your phone conversation should have went prior to her seeing you:

00Kevin: I want to go see the movie "walk on line"

Girl: yeah I want to see it to but I promised one of my guy friends to see it with.

00Kevin: oh ok well I really had my heart set to see that movie so I am going to see it by myself or call someone. I will call you another time then?!

Girl: (if she had high interest in you she would say): wait.... yeah I want to go and see that movie with you .

(If she had low interest) ok call me.

and that's how you know what kind of a girl you are dealing with.

DjDamage
very good advice.

My conversation before the date two days before was something like, "hey I'll just meet up with you and then we will try to find something fun to do. I like to just go with things. I don't make plans."

I guess you have to force her to show interest before you waste your Gas money. :)

On th eother hand I'm glad I did things this way. At least I know that she is not the kind of girl that can just go with things and let her man lead on his own terms.

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
She got in my car and started to read the paper. She wanted to see a movie. I figured she wanted to see Walk the line and suggested that to her. She told me that she wanted to see that with her guy friend. I was a bit taken back to that because I had quized her on what movies she liked on the first date and Walk the line was one of them.
She's a game player alright.

backbreaker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
it's as simple as this.. if you don't want to go to the movies, and she wants to go to the movies, leave.

If a girl likes you, she will do things she really doesn't want to do, to be around you. I.E a girl putting up wtih your friends playing video games because you like it or something along thoose lines.

I like going on dates to see plays... It's the only practical time I can go, and I know all my dates don't like plays, but they put up with them because of me, and the ones that don't I can let go with no hard feelings.

Reverse it... if a girl you really really liked wanted to go... to a poetry reading, and you like me, hate poetry, you would go anyway, just to be around her...

Now, if I had plans to do something, and something just popped up that I can look in her eyes and tell she really wants to do, not some "oh, this is better" crap, then I can make an execption, but stuff like that "I don't want to do that, but I dont' know what i want" is not accectable

OneArmDeeJay

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Poor Poor Kevin

I first like to appalude you for your success in getting her number and the first date and your effort for the second. However I think setting up a date telling her will make it up as we go in a coffee shop is not the best way to do it. Girls do like a Man in charge especially in dates. Besides don’t you hate asking what a woman wants to do or eat? Answer 99% of the time is “I don’t know”. If not that is that they can’t make up their freakin mind. Not alone let them take charge in doing it.

She told me that she wanted to see that with her guy friend.
OH the Big Shyt Test.

Boy I bet you were stung my that comment, oh wait…

I was a bit taken back to that because I had quized her on what movies she liked on the first date and Walk the line was one of them.
While I was looking I started to feel rather insulted.
Yup…

I was being upstaged by one of her "guy friends".
Nope you weren’t partner.

You were givin a test and failed it big time. Remember she is your DATE not your gf. Two complete semparte things. Whocares if she wanted to see that with her guy friend she doesn’t belong to you. $5 bucks says she was just yanking your chain figurtivly and wanted to see if you get all boiled up about WANTING (key word there) to see a movie with a guy friend. Lol

Then my DJing kicked in and I realized that the only way out of this situation was either a) end the date, b) take her someplace else. I wasn't going to be #2 on her list of importance.
No your AFC side started to and you THOUGHT that what you had to do was being a DJ when really you were just hurt by this girls blurted out words.

Anyway, I realized that I was being upstaged so I said, "ah there is nothing good on lets go play pool and get a drink, have some fun" She then said, "I don't drink". At that moment she started reading all the movie descriptions in a frantic manner. She didn't know what do to. I didn't want to go to a movie with her. I wanted to take her out for some fun.
So what she doesn’t drink you don’t have to drink to have a good time. Remember when you were a kid? Did you take a swig of Tangaray 10 to start having fun? No I didn’t think so.

Again this is why you should have a SET PLAIN before you call or this is what happens and you get frustrated all for no reason. The date will go smoother if you have a plan.

At that point, I was starting to get rather annoyed with her. She was nothing but a dull b-itch and now she is trying to force a movie on me? It almost seemed as if her plan was backfiring.
She wasn’t forcing anything on you. Remember YOU suggested to see Walk the Line when she was looking at the paper. It was only untill she blurted out that she wanted to see it with someone else is when you got butt hurt and didn’t want to see it.

I sat down with her and watched the movie. I went up to buy pop corn and a drink. I was very nice to her and asked if she wanted anything. She refused my offer. I came back and then totally ignored her for the entire movie.
I really don’t understand this one. I’m gussing you probably bought her a ticket as well yours to a movie that you really didn’t want to see which had to cost you close to 19 or $20 bucks. And then you bought popcorn and soda cost you another 10 and then asks her if she wanted something and she said no saving you money and you got butt hurt about it? OK…lol…

My question is why the heck are you buying all this food when you’re with her? Why not make some moves? To me movies = makeout session unless it’s a movie I really want to see but even then I just see it before hand with my buddies.

After that, I droped her off at her car and didn't let her get close to me for a hug. I just gave her my shoulder and said bye to her from an angle.
Ouch that was cold ice cold. Man if this happen to you you would be saying WTF what did I do wrong?

Anyway, this is the kind of **** I sometimes have to put up with.
What crap? No I really don’t see what you were talking about.

There is nothing worse then a stupid cold b-itch like that. I could of DJed her and got something out of her but she just pissed me off with her failure to show some damn respect.
I’m sure she’s saying the same thing about you.

In conclusion, I lost my cool with this girl due to her lack of respect. I don't really care though, girls like that are useless for LTRs.
Damn right you did and She didn’t diss respect you at all. It wasn’t like she was talking about her EX all night she made ONE little comment about wanting to see a movie with a guy friend and you blew up at her little social proof.

Yeah she would be useless in a LTR IF she WAS your GF. But she wasn’t and probably never.

I'm still rather pissed of about the whole thing.
Yeah I would be too at MYSELF for being a d1ck.

Might send her an email with the following, "Hey. Just letting you know that next weekend I have plans with someone. You're way too cold for me"
Why do that? There’s no need to do all that.

Why not have some class and be a man and just DON’T call her.

Because that right there is AFC and childish.

Don Juanabbe

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, sounds like you got sh*t tested and lost.

You let a little comment and your own bruised ego ruin the date for you. Don't take things so personal, it's just a date.

I don't think she's too interested in you, but you have made a couple of mistakes already.

She probably thinks you are childish and bitter at this point.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
onearmydj,

I would have to strongly disagree with much of what you said.

What you need to do is explain to me how a girl like this is going to be of any use to me in an LTR.

I realized that her comment was a test and that is why I suggested going someplace else. Regardles, I don't put up with crap and when I get crap I get pissed and insulted. A girl who is interested in a guy will not pull a **** test like this. She will show respect and show intestest. Trust me, when a girl likes you it is easy.

When she started to look for another movie in a frantic manner and basically refused to go out and have a good time with me. I realized that she just wanted to get the date over with. A movie was the best option for her because in a movie you don't have to talk to the other person or even try to have a good time. In other words, a movie is an easy way out for a girl.

As far as I'm concerned I passed the **** test by suggesting that we do something fun.

She paid for her half of the movie and I didn't want to make any moves on her because she was only a HB7. Furthermore, when a girl fails to show respect or show some level of faith in me I don't find her to be attractive. Image.. this girl doesn't even drink. why would I want to be with a girl that can't have some fun?

I've dated many women. The ones that show respect are easy to be with.

It also wasn't just one comment. There is was a list of things growing with this girl over the past 2 months. that comment was the final one!

My point is this, why should I waste my time acting like you suggest if in the end this girl is nothing but a robot.

She is also a bit of a feminist so that is also another reason I just got pissed with her. And to make matters worse she is a high school teacher! lol... what was I thinking.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Don Juanabbe
Yeah, sounds like you got sh*t tested and lost.

You let a little comment and your own bruised ego ruin the date for you. Don't take things so personal, it's just a date.

I don't think she's too interested in you, but you have made a couple of mistakes already.

She probably thinks you are childish and bitter at this point.
I am childish and bitter but that is just me :)

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
You should have just taken her to walk the line. fvk her guy friend he can rent it and watch it by himself when its released on dvd.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Julian
You should have just taken her to walk the line. fvk her guy friend he can rent it and watch it by himself when its released on dvd.
It wasn't playing at that time.. I was going to do that actually.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The more I try to find someone for an LTR the more I realize how important it is not to put up with **** tests and just NEXT!

I mean you can put up with a bit, but when the girls stop acting like a girl and starts acting like a robot you NEXT!

OneArmDeeJay

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Regardles, I don't put up with crap and when I get crap I get pissed and insulted.
You sound young because in the real world life get much much harder and if this little thing sets you off your in a world of trouble. You need to learn how to let the little things roll off your back like a Man.

A girl who is interested in a guy will not pull a **** test like this. She will show respect and show intestest. Trust me, when a girl likes you it is easy.
Who told you this crap? A woman? Whoever said that doesn’t know what their talking about it never just goes easy. And women do pull test at least 1.

When she started to look for another movie in a frantic manner and basically refused to go out and have a good time with me.
She didn’t refuse to have a good time YOU did. You got all butt hurt about her guy friend.

Remember she brought the paper to find something to do because you didn’t have a plan.

Then you do this

Anyway, I realized that I was being upstaged so I said, "ah there is nothing good on lets go play pool and get a drink, have some fun" She then said, "I don't drink".
But all she said is I don’t drink. Never once did she said she doesn’t SHOOT pool. Like I said you could of still went and play pool with out drinking. You don’t need to drink to have fun but apparently you do.

And she must of got a big hint of anger and frustration from you when she said that hence why she grabed the paper looking for SOMETHING ELSE to watch because she can tell your angry. It must have been your facial expression, body language or something you said to make her do that. THINK ABOUT IT.

I didn't want to make any moves on her because she was only a HB7.
Huh???? I really don’t get that one.

So what the hell are you doing on a second date with her?

Why are you wasting your valueable time and money on this girl?

You are just saying that now because of what she said. You let her friend mess with your outing and head.

this girl doesn't even drink. why would I want to be with a girl that can't have some fun?
Again you don’t need it to have fun. I know when your young it does but really you don’t need it. And I think that is kind of a good thing that she isn’t a party/drinkin/bar hopin girl who just “likes to have fun”. Come on dude.

I've dated many women. The ones that show respect are easy to be with.
Who sluts?? Because only those are the ones easy to get. Good girls are a little challenging but that’s the fun part of it all. Why would you want everything on a silver platter? No girl is going to be easy unless she is a slut.

It also wasn't just one comment. There is was a list of things growing with this girl over the past 2 months. that comment was the final one!
I think now your just saying that just to make a come back. I’m not personally attacking you for say I’m just pointing out the facts and your past actions.

My point is this, why should I waste my time acting like you suggest if in the end this girl is nothing but a robot.
She wasn’t if you had a PLAN. Cheese N’ Rice man. I bet there were a lot of awkward silences in the car too driving aimlessly thinking what the heck are you going to do on a date instead of already having something planed.

Kevin lets be real for a moment. You got upset because she mention a guy friend and YOU let it mess up the date. Just think if this was you saying that to her you would be thinking you are being a DJ with social proof. Come on bro let’s keep it real here.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by OneArmDeeJay
You sound young because in the real world life get much much harder and if this little thing sets you off your in a world of trouble. You need to learn how to let the little things roll off your back like a Man.
I'm not young... late 20s. In my early 20's I used to let things role off my back just as you suggest, but in the end that is just not being honest with myself.

Now that I'm older I have learned to stick up for myself. If someone pissed me off then I get pissed. If a girl fails to show interest and just bull****s the date with me then I next.

I'm not one of these guys that is afraid to get mad at a woman.

What you are suggesting is that I return to my AFC ways and take it like a nice guy.

No thank you.

Who told you this crap? A woman? Whoever said that doesn’t know what their talking about it never just goes easy. And women do pull test at least 1.
No, this is based from my own experiences with dating. It is easy to be with a woman that is interested. A good girl will sit by you and let you make a choice. She will support your choice and follow you.

She didn’t refuse to have a good time YOU did. You got all butt hurt about her guy friend.

Remember she brought the paper to find something to do because you didn’t have a plan.
I have to admit that I didn't have a plan for the date, but not having a plan was infact my sh-it test for her. A woman that can't trust a guy to show her a good time and wants to control things is of no use to me. I want a girl that is carefree and can just go with things.

As for your suggestion that I refused to show this girl a good time I would have to dissaree. I told her on the phone a few times that we would just go out and have fun. I told her not to worry about it.

But all she said is I don’t drink. Never once did she said she doesn’t SHOOT pool. Like I said you could of still went and play pool with out drinking. You don’t need to drink to have fun but apparently you do.
Nah.. I don't need a drink to have fun. But I don't care for a girl that can't relax and have a small drink.

And she must of got a big hint of anger and frustration from you when she said that hence why she grabed the paper looking for SOMETHING ELSE to watch because she can tell your angry. It must have been your facial expression, body language or something you said to make her do that. THINK ABOUT IT.
No. Actually, I was allways encouraging her to just relax and have fun. She was just too up tight. I was all ready to go and take her to play pool and I was about to turn the key of my car, but then she started to read the movie paper again. I was very happy about it too. I was like, "yeah lets go have some fun. Those movies suck anyway" so it was infact, my perfect response to her little comment that made her frantic. I think she had a plan (as a game player) and I put a dagger in it.

So what the hell are you doing on a second date with her?
I thought I would give her another chance. I almost nexted her before, but then she started showing interest again.

Why are you wasting your valueable time and money on this girl?
good question. I'm not anymore though. I just like to give a girl a few trys to be my girl. It is the only nice thing to do.

Who sluts?? Because only those are the ones easy to get. Good girls are a little challenging but that’s the fun part of it all. Why would you want everything on a silver platter? No girl is going to be easy unless she is a slut.
actually, I dated a old fashioned italian girl once that was like that. she was no slut either.

She wasn’t if you had a PLAN. Cheese N’ Rice man. I bet there were a lot of awkward silences in the car too driving aimlessly thinking what the heck are you going to do on a date instead of already having something planed.
No. I am very very good at talking to girls and making them laugh. Never an awkward silence in the car either. In fact I found her to be bery boring and dull.

Kevin lets be real for a moment. You got upset because she mention a guy friend and YOU let it mess up the date. Just think if this was you saying that to her you would be thinking you are being a DJ with social proof. Come on bro let’s keep it real here.
No that is not true. I would be honest with you if it was. The fact is it didn't bother me at first. What bothered me was that she wasn't showing enough respect to keep her mouth sh-ut. In my AFC days I would of sucked it up and just let her pull that **** with me. But now... no I don't . I owe it to myself not to let a girl try to talk to me that way.

There is NO damn way I'm going to let a girl put me in the friends zone again.

Trust me her next step is to LJBF. I've had it happen to me soo much before in my early 20s. I just find it rather sad that you are suggesting that I revert to my old ways.

With that I have ended it with her. I sent her that email. I don't plan to rely or call her. I have another date next weekend anyway. She is going to wonder why I thought she was so cold, but she will never get the answer to that question.

Last edited:

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this is the email from her that started the second date

Hey there-
I hope you're doing well. and work is going well with you.
Just wanted to say hi.. and to make sure you didn't make any plans this weekend! LOL
:p
Hope to talk with you soon
:)

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is too easy. Say "you can see it twice, then" and go buy the tickets.

You have the idea of commanding respect mixed up with demanding respect. You are supposed to be a guy worthy of respect, so that she respects you. If you let something that small rile you up instead of simply taking control, it's easy to see why she wouldn't respect you.

I hate to bust out the Doc Love-isms, but they ring true here. Would Paul Walker care if his date wanted to save Walk the Line to see with someone else? Would James Bond care if his date didn't want to go shoot pool and drink? Would LaDainian Tomlinson get upset that his date couldn't decide on a movie?

They wouldn't because they are high status. Being high status means having a mentality that you don't NEED to get angry if she does something you don't like because if it gets bad enough, she is very easily replaced.

00Kevin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by MetalFortress
This is too easy. Say "you can see it twice, then" and go buy the tickets.

You have the idea of commanding respect mixed up with demanding respect. You are supposed to be a guy worthy of respect, so that she respects you. If you let something that small rile you up instead of simply taking control, it's easy to see why she wouldn't respect you.

I hate to bust out the Doc Love-isms, but they ring true here. Would Paul Walker care if his date wanted to save Walk the Line to see with someone else? Would James Bond care if his date didn't want to go shoot pool and drink? Would LaDainian Tomlinson get upset that his date couldn't decide on a movie?

They wouldn't because they are high status. Being high status means having a mentality that you don't NEED to get angry if she does something you don't like because if it gets bad enough, she is very easily replaced.
all those guys are only looking for sex. I was looking for a LTR. that is totally different. You have to date in a totally different way.

commanding respect is great. but when a girl doesn't show decent level of respect to begin with your only option is to next or fail to have interest.

For the record. she has been replaced.

on other thing I am very good at hiding my anger. I lactually, learned that from my afc days when I let girls walk all over me. So I was very good at selling the fact that I just wanted to have fun with her and that I was having a good time. Trust me I can be a bull-**** guy if I want to.

I just stoned her at the end to show her that I was not impressed.