Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Feeling like the biggest chump in the world right now

domjolly

Reaction score
As the title says feeling like sh1te.

Hopefully some people can give me some perspective on the whole situation, here goes:

I met my ex 10ish years ago, I just finished with my girlfriend and she was coming out of an abusive marriage which she had a young kid out of it.

Things were really good between us for the first few months (honeymoon period), but then her ex-husband was released from prison, and caused a lot of problems. Also during this time I noticed that my partner had a temper problem, as if she didn’t like what I did she would fly off the handle and swear at me.

Within the first year she kissed another man whilst she was out and had second thoughts on our relationship and I moved out. But within a month she got back in touch and asked me to get back with her which I did, and she was now expecting our child.

I did try and break with her 3 years into it, but she threatened to commit suicide, so I stayed.

She also developed the knack of shouting at the two kids / me and swearing at them if things got too much, which made my kid think that swearing was an OK thing to do. Some of the things she used to say to my son in my eyes are unforgivable.

Anyway back last year she started going out a lot more with her friends (who are a bit younger no ties etc) I would look after the kids whilst she went out until the early hours and if I asked how was the night, she would respond by saying is this f****** twenty questions or something along those lines. By the end of last year our relationship was not at its best not shouting but the communication had broken down slightly, I asked her if we were going to be OK, and she admitted that she had kissed another man whilst out and was tempted to have sex with them.

So I was trying my hardest giving her affection, talking to her saying I loved her, but she used to get angry if I said that, so I knew there must be something else going on. In the end I found out that she had met another man (married, going through a divorce) and she had been texting him.

I did try and kick her out, and her response was to hit me straight in the face.

Two months ago she went out with her friends and they gave her the advise to leave me – but it ended in a not very nice way, I said I still loved her, she said that she didn’t f******* love me.

She has gone straight with this guy and they seem great, hes still going through a divorce.

Reading this back there were loads of red flags and I feel like a right muppet.

My bro who is typical cave man attitude has been good, saying let her crack on with it, she will soon end up doing the same things as before and this guy is obviously an ass, she now has two kids by two different fathers, let them get on with it.

I've started going to the gym and going out alot more, but I still feel those years were wasted, but as people have said she has done you a massive favour.

Anyone got any more advise on going forward?

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
Bloody hell you were involved with a weapons grade tw@t and for a very long time, what were you thinking of?

most of us have a degree of wasted years behind us, only thing you can do is learn from them, dont make the same mistakes again. better yourself and make yourself more valuable and attractive.
you are only 31, lots of time left for you, best years in fact, do things you want to do, develop and follow your passions but do not do these things for the sake of getting a woman, do it for you.

domjolly

Reaction score
Well I thought I loved her which seems a bit fu3ked up now. Its made me very wary of woman with kids, as all the effort you put, then its all gone no appreciation.

Think I will just sit back and smell the roses for a while and concentrate on me and my kid.yoo

domjolly

Reaction score
Yeah I know I fu3ked up, just got to get it together and do my best in life. But sometimes people have the blinkers on, I totally agree with you.If I had a second bite I definatley would of got my **** together and not even entertained the idea.

bmp2cpm

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
domjolly said:
....and she was coming out of an abusive marriage.....
Allow me to translate.

1) Her childhood was pretty messed up.
2) Her father or father figure abused her (physical or mental)
3) She's attracted to and will probably be pretty faithful to guys who treat her like crap.
4) Nice guys who treat her well, profess their love, and want to help her become a better person turn her off and make her want to cheat on them.

This concludes my translation. If you want to rescue someone and have them be faithful to you forever, visit your local dog pound. Dogs tend to be more loyal than humans and love to be rescued. :D

Onlyliveonce

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude hire a detective to follow her around take pictures of drug use etc. anything incriminating. Then go to court and get full custody of your child. Never have contact with her again. Your child will be the casualty of this whole scene if you don't get full custody. You don't leave him behind.

ezio

Don Juan
Reaction score
wow..all the classic signs were there for u to see and you still stayed? just be glad its over and absolutely cut her out of your life. i mean completely..nothing good can ever come out of such a *****..move on with your life and next time choose your women more carefully..goodluck breh

konmai

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, learn from your mistakes, brah. If you repeat them, I've got no sympathy you. Also, don't get too down on yourself. We've all made some mistakes in our lives. You just have to move forward from it, and don't waste more time by dwelling on them.

jhl

Don Juan
Reaction score
2nd the BPD. This one without a doubt. I HOPE you can run.

jhl

Don Juan
Reaction score
Also...no need to feel as if you're the biggest chump in the world. Lots of us went through a similar situation. Just GET OUT and survive. That should be your first priority.

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
Dont readily agree with the BPD diagnosis, just sounds like she had the alpha experience and the rush she had has been like crack cocaine, she is looking for the next fix

Uberguy

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
remotecontrol said:
have nothing to do with women whose exes are in the big house. these women have already stated what men they want in life...sociopaths.
^This. And that's a good rule of thumb for dealing with any woman. With few exceptions, a woman's past reflects what her future will be like. If a woman is always complaining about how bad her exes were, it can only be due to one of three reasons:

1) She likes being treated badly, and she'll cheat on you with a guy who does so. (49.9% probability)

2) She can't appreciate any guy, and always finds a way to find fault with anyone she's with, rather than accept her own failings. (49.9% probability)

3) She's a great catch who has just been really unlucky. (0.0000000000000001% probability)