Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Feeling Bored of Life Lately

BlahBBlah

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no idea why, but lately I just feel sort of empty. It really doesn't have anything to do with women. It's just more of a really bored feeling that I have not been able to get rid of for the past few days. Nothing really excites me anymore or gives me any sense of meaning in this life. At the same time though, I have never thought that I was really all that depressed or that I wanted to commit suicide. I used be like that when I was 16. What do you guys usually do to get yourself out of this kind of rut?

Reaction score
Has anything, at all, bothered you, in the least, over the past month?

dannowillbookem

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
download

no rain -- by blind melon

i had this feeling in the hospital... i dunno it helped me relax and enjoy doing nothing for a while.

Reaction score
That may be the problem, your not putting yourself into any situations where you have to put effort into your life.

I'm guessing you avoid your parents and go straight to your room(assuming you are at home) lol, well I could make a list, but I assume you avoid a lot of things in your life.

What was the last thing you put action into without having full knowledge and with a complete lack of confidence?

If you want a very easy kick in the right direction all you need to do is step outside of your boundaries. The boundaries you set upon your life are very thin, so thin you can overcome them in under a minute... walk outside an yell at the top of your lungs that you are bored.... That's it. Embrace your desire to be loud, your body will create all those nutrients and chemicals that you desire.

If you want ideas, take a walk to the local corner store and close your eyes and grab five items at random. Hold each item and think what five different groups of people would do with this. Think of a goth, think of a geezer who can't remember what happened five minutes ago, think of what a dolphin would do with it. Just think of something DIFFERENT basically. There are thousands of simple mental exercises you can do to invigorate your life on the "outside". Outside of your head, not the internet if I wasn't clear enough.

I wish you the best of luck buddy. I see so many people who claim to have your problem, some really are beyond, some just have the wrong mindset. Some simply avoid problems.

"The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity." I express my curiosity through google. Do a search for "boredom is" and see what you can find.

Exercise: Write down five reasons why you are bored.
The bored are boring.
Why?

Because they find their own company boring.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How do we know?
Because if they did not find their own company to be boring, then they would never be bored.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why, if they find their own company boring, shouldn't everyone else also find their company boring?
If you do not like to be alone with yourself--then why should anyone else?

Only the weakest of minds cannot entertain itself.
Only the weakest of minds requires external stimulation to keep from being bored.
For what is boredom but dull repetition.
And where is the source of this dull repetition?

Only within your own mind!

And what is this dull repetition?

The noise of your own petty mind!

QUOTATIONS VARIOUS SOURCES
"Unless one dream one's finest dreams in solitude, unless one reach the point of being able to dispense with all human company, all distraction, all traffic with the world--even the companionship of great souls and first-rate minds--unless one be self-sufficient, finding the first and best entertainment within oneself, within the depth of one's own person, one ought to sweep one's claims to greatness into one's pocket there accumulated, one ought to steal away out of the sacred presence of a nature to which one does not belong."--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832)
"A man has to live with himself, and he should see to it that he always has good company."--Charles Evans Hughes
"Friendship with oneself is all-important, because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else."--Eleanor Roosevelt
"For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God."--I Peter 2:20
"No one with a mind is ever bored or lonely."--Kevin Everett FitzMaurice
"When you are bored, it is because you are left to your own resources and you find that you are boring."--Kevin Everett FitzMaurice
"No one can be bored as they are a person not a state of mind."--Kevin Everett FitzMaurice
"Boredom is a state of mind not a response to a situation."--Kevin Everett FitzMaurice