Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

fear of stds

Rudra

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
beastmaster79 said:
i think your a lot more likely to catch stds if you have a weak immune system. i mean people are exposed to diseases all the time but not everyone catches them.

does that make sense?

like if your the kinda guy who's always getting sick then you probably don't want to **** around a lot.

do you guys think there is any truth in this?
Absolutely.
For instance, it has been shown that the risk of an AIDS infection is exponentially higher, when you already have another STD, i.e. your immune system is already under attack.

But the likelihood of contracting an STD is linked to the infection status of the carrier as well. A person freshly infected with AIDS is about 30 times as likely to pass the virus to you as a person not freshly infected. This goes for other STDs like syphilis as well.

Against a fresh and virulent syphilis, even a condom at times doesn´t help. There´s a kind of syphilitic infection doctors call "condom rim syphilis" - you can see that the infection has entered the body exactly at the rim of the condom. Nature´s humor..

But on a general note - if you are afraid of teeth, don´t get your cawk sucked. Meaning - if you´re pyssing your pants being afraid of STDs, then don´t f0ck. The risk of contracting AIDS in spite of practising Safer Sex is extremely low. All the other goodies may be nasty, but won´t kill you and can be healed. They are all no reason not to f0ck.

Firstly, practise Safer Sex and be an expert at it. Secondly, get your system checked for STDs once a year. A vile kind of staphylococcus for instance can go by unnoticed by you, but turn your prostate into complete wood...
That´s all you need. Stop worrying, start to live.

Sandow

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Std's are far more common in lower income areas. they did a study on this and results concluded that most std's come from poor areas. try to bang girls that are hot, they come from good areas, and chances are they've been safe. stay away from *****s who come from the ghetto. also always use protection no matter what. also try to avoid one night stands. get to know her first, then bang away. get f-buddies that u know are safe. just try to stay in good-upscale areas, with alot of hotties. no slums.

Someone Much cooler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sandow
dig a little deeper. It isn't so much because of the people, its because the poor people can't afford contraceptives. Condoms aren't cheap and neither is birth control. Poverty is a revolving door.

In rich areas they might be able to afford the condoms, but sometimes the girls are wild. I go to a good school,i am froma really bad area and some really good areas. I tell you there are nasty girls rich and poor

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
snowdog said:
About blow jobs... is it weird/unusual to put a condom on when it comes down to that?
most people don't really use oral condoms for bjs.
perhaps that is a real problem since you certainly can catch things by oral sex.
usually health departments and std clinics give them away free.
most places that sell condoms sell these too.

L777

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
kingwilliam said:
I have dodged bullets......100+ women...... when I was in college I was like a ****ing rabbit.... now days I'm puttin a helmet on that soldier.
Fratboy right? yea I've actually slept with 200+ women :rolleyes:

snowdog

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
penkitten said:
most people don't really use oral condoms for bjs.
perhaps that is a real problem since you certainly can catch things by oral sex.
usually health departments and std clinics give them away free.
most places that sell condoms sell these too.
Yea... having herpes on the lips is one thing, having it on the **** sounds horrible. I haven't caught it yet, and i intent to keep it that way.

superchristx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Herpes is the worst one, in my opinion, because blood tests can't verify whether you have genital herpes or the kind of herpes that is very common in the population. The only way to get tested for herpes is to have the doc swab a lesion, and you can have herpes without ever having had a lesion! I might have herpes right now, I have no signs and no blood test has found it, but i still just might!

The safest thing to do, while having a normal sex life, is to be open with your partners. Where have they been, have they been tested, do they use condoms all the time, only for intercourse, what? How many have they been with in the last year? If you get any kind of a weird vibe here, she doesnt like talking about that 'stuff' or she just never worries about it and opens her legs, say 'no thanks.'

There's risk in everything, it's no reason to deny yourself. You can't have love without sex, and you can't have sex without risk. Are you really going to live without love and sexuality and happiness, because you are afraid of germs?

pimpfromdayone

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
The Myth of the Dodged Bullet

In my lifetime I've had sex with over 40 women and I never once caught a venerial disease, nor did I get anyone pregnant. I can also point to men I know who contracted Herpes from the only women they'd ever had sex with. The fact of the matter is that you can equally be a rock star and tap hundreds of women without any consequence and you can be a virginic saint and contract a disease on your wedding night. The myth of the dodged bullet is an AFC social convention that's rooted in the rationalization that monogamy serves the purpose for controlling sexually transmitted diseases and thus fewer partners are more desirable than many. From a statistical standpoint this may seem logical on the surface. Fewer opportunities for sexual intercourse would indeed decrease the risk from a single individual, but unfortunately this isn't a practical estimate. You'll also have to base the numbers not only on how many sex partners you and your monogamous partner have had, but also how many prior partners they've had and how many those partners had as well and so on exponentially. Yet inspite of all this, the odds that you'll die from a form of cancer, heart disease, smoking or obesety related diseases or even an alcohol related traffic fatality far outweigh any risk of dying from a venerial disease in western society. The mortality rate for for contracting gonnerhea, syphilis, clymidia, herpes and even HIV pale in comparison to many - in some cases more easily preventable - diseases.

Of course, since this is a social convention, I would be grossly negligent and severely lambasted by the public at large for even implying that I'm condoning, much less advocating, that a man explore his options and open his experience up to having sex with multiple partners. This AFC social convention/rationalization is unassailable; it sounds like it makes good sense, "boy, am I sure glad I got married/shacked up and didn't catch a disease, pffew!" It sounds like conviction, when in fact it's a rationalization for a lack of other realistic options with women or an innability to deal with a fear of rejection from multiple sources. Beware of turning your lack of game into a virtue, you're only fooling yourself.
What a load of bull****. It has nothing to do with some AFC rationalization. It is simply a mathematical inevitability, and these people are right to try to stay safe out there. You might as well say using dirty needles isn't dangerous. Just because the probability of getting HIV is low doesn't mean you shouldn't take precautions to avoid contracting it. And the more dirty needles you use, the greater your chances of getting it. The same is true with women. By some estimates, something like 25% to 50% of people catch at least one STD during their lifetimes (and I've also read that 1 in 4 have herpes). Now, these numbers didn't just come out of nowhere... I'm sure the epidemiologists were smart enough to control for biases in their studies, and even if you sampled only women from middle income to higher income families, the rate might go down but the risk is still there. OK, just to be conservative, let's say that 1/4 of your potential female mates do have the dreaded herpes (you may substitute the lovely HPV if it makes the example more vivid for you). Obviously the number of sexual partners the women each have would affect their own chances of getting herpes, but by the law of large numbers, if you pick 4 women randomly from the population, 1 will have it. Anyway, let's also assume, for simplicity, that you go in unprotected and will contract herpes if you have sex with a girl who has it. But this doesn't mean your odds of contracting herpes are independent of the number of women you sleep with. The more women you bang, the higher your chances of catching herpes. Now, to illustrate, randomly select 4 women and have sex with one of them. The odds are that 3 of these women are clean. So, after banging the first girl, your odds of staying clean are 3/4. Find 4 more women and again pick one to have sex with. For this event, your chances of staying clean are again 3/4. The probability of getting this far without getting herpes is now 3/4*3/4 = 9/16, or just over 50%. Repeat process. By 10 sexual encounters, your odds of staying clean drop to 5%. By 40, .001%. NOT contracting a disease by this point would definitely be "statistically significant." You're virtually guaranteed to get something if you keep going.

Now, you yourself apparently realize this, so how is this reasoning not appropriate for forming a "practical estimate?"

Personally, I don't think a person should avoid sex entirely due to these risks, but being smart never hurt anyone. Not wearing a condom is just stupid, both because of STD's and the risk of pregnancy. As discussed above, limiting one's number of sexual partners also doesn't hurt anything. But most importantly, find some quality women, not drunkards and party animals. I'm sure there is a negative relationship between education level and STD rate. Find intelligent, professional, value-oriented women. Save the sorority girls and party sluts for the frat boys who don't have the brains to attract smarter women. Many of them have things that you don't want! It also makes sense when you look at it from the perspective of natural selection. Some STD's have the potential to damage reproductive organs and limit the ability to reproduce (HPV and cervical cancer comes to mind), so in the end, all the smart and less promiscuous women on average have more offspring and it is their genes (along with the successful males that copulate with them) that dominate the next generation of human beings.

Incremental

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pimp, I don't think Rollo was dissing condom usage. If he was he almost certainly would have brought up pregnancy issues as well and just as throughly. He was talking about the flawed math people use to justify monogamy.

By the way, you could make your argument more effective if you slant the math in favor of your opponent. That way when you bring it around to your point it will have more impact. It's like verbal inertia.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
snowdog said:
Yea... having herpes on the lips is one thing, having it on the **** sounds horrible. I haven't caught it yet, and i intent to keep it that way.
it hurts the same amount, so having it on the mouth has an extra con of everyone being able to see it and you can now spread it by the simple act of kissing whereas the genital kind, has a scarier "make them all run away" talk.

The Inside Man

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I
t's really just a matter of luck, it's a risk that you take. There are things you can do to cut down on the risk like using condoms but they don't always work as stated earlier. As far as getting herpes, my best friend got it orally from *kissing* a girl, who he said had a visible sore but he was too drunk to think about it.
The more partners someone has had, the more their likelihood increases also but not an absolute predictor. Just remember that sex is really serious and can have consequences beyond that drunk saturday night. I have had some close calls and done some dumb things but I tested clean. That said, go out and have fun, be safe !

joe12345

Don Juan
Reaction score
its statistics..more partners more chances; less protection more chances..funny people here call girls with STD sluts, what does it make guy?

Reaction score
joe12345 said:
its statistics..more partners more chances; less protection more chances..funny people here call girls with STD sluts, what does it make guy?
Pimps!

Getting a virgin is the only way to be safe!

amoka

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Last Man Standing said:
Pimps!

Getting a virgin is the only way to be safe!
Virgin can be shit load of diseases as well. You are not guaranteed to "Safe" by getting virgin.