Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fear Is An Illusion

IrReSiStIbLe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Note: the following information, word by word, was obtained from Michael Jordan's book- 'I Can't Accept Not Trying'. I'd assume the majority of you know who the one and only Michael Jordan is, so I guess I won't have to explain his background and why you should follow his advice. I've just finished reading it, and thought some of you guys would find it very inspiring and valuable in relation to approaching women and it might also aid you in improving in other aspects in life; such as business, sport, school, work, university, etc… Hope you enjoy it and find it somewhat helpful.

Fear is an illusion

" I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot. Why? Because when you think about the consequences you always think of a negative result.

If I’m going to jump into a pool of water, even though I can’t swim, I’m thinking about being able to swim at least enough to survive. I’m not jumping in thinking to myself, “I think I can swim, but maybe I’ll drown.” If I’m jumping into any situation, I’m thinking I’m going to be successful. I’m not thinking about what happens if I fail.

But I can see how some people get frozen by that fear of failure. They get it from peers or from just thinking about the possibility of a negative result. They might be afraid of looking bad or being embarrassed. That’s not good enough for me.

I realized that if I was going to achieve anything in life I had to be aggressive. I had to get out there and go for it. I don’t believe you can achieve anything by being passive. I know fear is an obstacle for some people, but it’s an illusion to me.

Once I’m in there, I’m not thinking about anything except what I’m trying to accomplish. Any fear is an illusion. You think something is standing in your way, but nothing is really there. What IS there is an opportunity to do your best and gain some success.

If it turns out my best isn’t good enough, then at least I’ll never be able to look back and say I was too afraid to try. Maybe I just didn’t have it. Maybe I just wasn’t good enough. There’s nothing wrong with that and nothing to be afraid of either. Failure always made me try harder the next time.

That’s why my advice has always been to ‘think positive’ and find fuel in any failure. Sometimes failure actually gets you closer to where you want to be. If I’m trying to fix a car, every time I try something that doesn’t work, I’m getting closer to finding the answer. The greatest inventions in the world had hundreds of failures before the answers were found.

I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying. That’s why I wasn’t afraid to try baseball. I can’t say, ‘well, I cant do it because I’m afraid I may not make the team.’ That’s not good enough for me. It doesn’t matter if you win as long as you give everything in your heart and work at it 110%.

Fear is an Illusion "

Now, I’m not going to spoon feed you guys and explain in detail how the following advice can also be applied to girls. Figure it out yourselves. And I hope you all recognize the significance of the advice Jordan is giving us all.

Thanks for reading, and I hope you found it fairly motivating.
IrReSiStIbLe.

poonologist

Don Juan
Reaction score
i like this post.thx for the quote:)

BMW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
what's the rest of the book like?

IrReSiStIbLe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Poonologist, thanx, I'm glad you liked it... If you want, I can post some more of his quotes relating to other aspects of gaining success in life etc..

BMW, it's a VERY short book. Just 36 pages. The rest of the book is extremely motivating as it outlines in Jordan's own words the fundamentals of gaining success. It is devided into the following chapters:
Goals

Fears

Commitment

Teamwork

Fundamentals

Leadership

Each chapter is approximately 3/4 pages. I've read the book 9 times already..:D hehe..

aolsuxs

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fvcking incredible. Just placed a bid on it for Ebay. Will go perfectly with my Vince Lombardi "What it takes to be #1 poster"