Favourite Bicep workout?

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
chins works bis as a secondary muscle.

Bis exercises are much better because it works them as a PRIMARY muscle.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Favourite Bicep workout?

Originally posted by DIESEL
what that means is that in chins your back does more of the work than the biceps....so in doing heavy barbell curls YOUR BICEPS WILL BE WORKED MUCH HARDER THAN WHEN YOU DO CHINS!!!
Replace chins with pullups and you got it down pat ... but when I do chins I always feel it in my biceps a LOT more than in my back, even when I do other back workouts in the same day. Not to mention, the hypertrophy in my biceps was quite a bit more noticeable than in my back.

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
That's because you are do'N em wrong or your biceps are too weak.

bigforearms

Don Juan
Reaction score
A back workout, even if done properly, is going to exhaust or come close to exhausting your biceps too. I only do a few biceps sets to finish off my bis after a back workout.

MetalFortress

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Dee-Zy
That's because you are do'N em wrong or your biceps are too weak.
Probably the latter. I have done primarily olympic lifting for the last 3 years but no bicep training.

Agreed with Bigforearms. Another thing, the fact that it is multijoint will cause a larger surge in GH and testosterone, which in itself will help promote size building.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know what it is called but there is one bicep one a frined told me about where you start at the hip, and then curl towards your chest on the opposite side, and you hold for a second or two and the release. Anyone know what it is called?

Also I do the normal curls and the ones where you tweak at the top. Can anyone suggest any other ways (w/ descriptions, # of repetitions and sets) to build mass? I usually do 1 set of 20 normal biceps curls, with 15 lbs but that hasn't seemed to help me too much