Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Favorite battle in a movie?

lordson

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
The opening battle in Gladiator was pretty good from a realism sense. The problem I have with movies like LotR, Star Wars & 300 is that they're all reliant on the CG guys following how they "think" a battle should flow based on cinematic themes rather than historical accuracy. Don't get me wrong I loved all of them, but from a 'battle' perspective, the Roman Legions vs. the Germanic tribes was excellent in Gladiator.

Also, consider the battle scenes in Glory or Gettysburg. These guys did their homework. There was also a great movie called The Lost Battalion based on a true story from WWI that starred Ricky Schroder of all people. Rent it if you can find it. Very accurate, very realistic.
problem was Gettysberg battles were dreadfully boring.

That starting battle in Gladiator was awesome and definaltey looked and felt realistic, but i dont think thats how it went. i'm more inclined to believe Rome the HBO TV series version. You have a line, the centurian blows a whistle, the front line moves back for a breather, and the next line comes up to hack away.

I reckon the battle in Troy was more realistic, how the two armies smashed into each other and people started piling up

Thats one of my favourite battles. The one on one with Achilles and Hectar was pretty cool too, it would have been better if the Director didn't make Achilles seem like such an arrogant bastard

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Another one that comes to mind is the house scene in the Transporter.
Kiss of the Dragon fight with the karate guys.

bigshot

Don Juan
Reaction score
The whole of the film 300

The last fight in 'welcome to the jungle (the rundown)'

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I absolutely hated the movie, but loved the fight scene in the movie "Pearl Harbor"

If they had just two pure hours of bloody battles like that, I think men would put millions of dollars just to see it over and over again. Oh wait, that was Rambo on a shorter scale. Nevermind.

comic_relief

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
comic_relief said:
I absolutely hated the movie, but loved the fight scene in the movie "Pearl Harbor"

If they had just two pure hours of bloody battles like that, I think men would put millions of dollars just to see it over and over again. Oh wait, that was Rambo on a shorter scale. Nevermind.

comic_relief
Yeah Pearl Harbor was pretty lame, but the actual fight was spectacular.

CTApprentice

Don Juan
Reaction score
-Last of the Mohicans(last 15 mins. of the movie...breath-taking) :woo:
-Star Wars ep. III(battle between Anakin and Obi Wan/Yoda and Supreme Emperor Palpatine)
-Troy
-Transformers(Scorponok desert assualt/high battle/battle between autobots and deceptacons)
-Wanted
-V for Vendetta(fight with the soldiers)
-Matrix Trilogy

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really liked Saving Private Ryan fight scenes. The last one in the movie is an emotional rollercoaster...fvcking amazing.

Other good battles

My fav LOTR battle - Helms Deep - the end when Gandalf is leading the troops sends chills up and down my spine

BraveHeart - Stirling

Gladiator - opening battle - friggin AMAZING

300 - The fight with the Immortals

Pirates 3 - too cool when they fight in the whirlpool in the ocean. Good scene

Bloke

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
With all this mention of Gladiator, I can't believe no one has mentioned the Battle of Carthage in the arena.

" My name is Gladiator... "

Rebound Material

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Army of Darkness

I like the battle where the kingdom was protecting the book against the undead army.