Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Favorite battle in a movie?

Gubby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
DavenJuan said:
house of flying daggers last battle scene between the two lovers and the girl

matrix reloaded: neo fighting 1000 mr smiths in the park
The matrix reloaded NEVER HAPPENED.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The battle in the Shipyard in The Matrix Revolutions is also another one of my favorites and contains one of the most badass moments for a character. The Shipyard is lost and they need one of the APU's to open the gate, and it's reported to Commander Lock there's only one left standing, and then all you see is Captain Mifune destroying all the sentinels in his sight.

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
The opening battle in Gladiator was pretty good from a realism sense. The problem I have with movies like LotR, Star Wars & 300 is that they're all reliant on the CG guys following how they "think" a battle should flow based on cinematic themes rather than historical accuracy. Don't get me wrong I loved all of them, but from a 'battle' perspective, the Roman Legions vs. the Germanic tribes was excellent in Gladiator.

Also, consider the battle scenes in Glory or Gettysburg. These guys did their homework. There was also a great movie called The Lost Battalion based on a true story from WWI that starred Ricky Schroder of all people. Rent it if you can find it. Very accurate, very realistic.
great scene. "The lost Battalion" was a great realistic movie.

I am currently in a reenacting group of western martial arts. Although no movie has currently gotten it perfect, some good ones include gladiator and braveheart.

comic_relief

comic_relief

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gubby said:
The matrix reloaded NEVER HAPPENED.
The first matrix movie was great, but the other two were terrible.

comic_reilef

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The lobby shootout scene from the first Matrix is pretty cool.

Levex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOTR battle scenes were good.

As for more modern-day fighting i'd have to go with movie "Heat", that scene after the bank robbery where they're blasting the **** out of cops with M4s. That's the most intense action sequence i've ever seen in a movie.

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Red Dawn - When the Wolverines take out the firing squad.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - All of 'em.

Transformers - The cartoon picture when the Autobots take on the Sharkticons.

GI Joe Arise, Serpentor, Arise - When the Joe's take on Serpentor and Cobra Commander.

LOTR - Two Towers - Helms Deep.

And best of all is the shootout in Heat. Greatest ever.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright, if were going by 'cool' points instead of 'realism' points, I'll have to admit the scene in Transformers where the marines are fighting that Scorpion robot was bad ass.

Also, the scene in Starship Troopers where the Bugs siege that outpost and just flood the landscape was cool too.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo Tomassi said:
Alright, if were going by 'cool' points instead of 'realism' points, I'll have to admit the scene in Transformers where the marines are fighting that Scorpion robot was bad ass.

Also, the scene in Starship Troopers where the Bugs siege that outpost and just flood the landscape was cool too.
eh, it doesn't matter much to me if it's cool looking or accurate. The battle for Naboo and the battle of Geonosis were really cool looking but I don't have them here as my favorites because the movies sucked ass (IMO). Kingdom Of Heaven also had a great battle scene at the end but I had to go through an hour and a half of dragged out talking that led mostly to nowhere. The battles were good but it was almost as good as just skipping to the end. I think a great battle scene is one that compliments the movie, not one of those cases of "waiting till the end to watch 5 to 10 minutes of eye pleasure".

What's even worse is that if the movie sucked AND the final battle sucked, like Eragon.

As far as realistic battles go, Pearl Harbor was really well done, I just didn't like the story. Though the bridge battle at the end of Saving Private Ryan was fabulous and emotional. I would also say Stirling but that in itself is inaccurate.

Gubby

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
comic_relief said:
The first matrix movie was great, but the other two were terrible.

comic_reilef
Exactly.

I actually could have thought the sequels were decent -- if only for the special effects -- EXCEPT that they ruined that high at the end of the first movie for me. Hence I decided to deny their existence. Sometimes less IS more. So much more.

MikeYikes122

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not sure if this counts as a battle but the shootout scene in the street from Heat (with De Niro) is my favorite fight scene from any movie.

Kingdom of Heaven is also pretty good. It's probably one of the best and most realistic blu-ray discs you can buy.

michaelhctam

Don Juan
Reaction score
If you guys are into Anime, there is a fight scene in the Animatrix (The 2nd Renaissance) where the human army fights the Machine army.

Thats probibly the best fight scene/back story I have ever seen in my life.

I totally recommend it, it explains what happened before the matrix trilogy.

War Against Betaism

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I enjoyed the second renaissance of the Animatrix, even though I really hate movies that concentrate on the downfall of mankind and lose. It was really well executed.

ThunderMaverick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fight scene between Ryu and Ken vs. M. Bison in Street Fighter II the animated movie.

That was the first real anime I've seen where the fighting actually looked pretty damn realistic. It was amazing and still is.

F*ck, it gets testosterone pumping so HARD I have to duct tape my balls to keep them from bursting open like the Hoover dam.

GONNA BURN SOME MUSCLE!!

The Bat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

j0n024

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I cant beleive noone has said Batman! Batman 1 where he is in the batwing

Jokr: "Come on you gruesome son of a b1tch come one!"
lol

The ending of Batman Returns ( I love how he rips off his mask....its the only time that has ever hapened)

Starship Troopers....the one stated earlier

Tears of the Sun... The ending

Aliens...most of the movie lol

I Robot...the car scene and ending

Jingle all the Way....ending lol

Independence Day

Cant believe noone has said Scar

Troy

But personal favorite has gotta be... Batman lol.

MrS

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If we're talking fight scenes - then Matt Damon in The Bourne series, the fights there have a steady camera, you can see the action going on, none of this camera flying all over the place nonsense.
The Rocky 1 and 2 fights are good also.
On that note, Rambo 4 when he's on the 50 cal, for ridiculousness value.

Battle scenes? The final fight in the Magnificent Seven is always good. Good the bad and the Ugly scene when Tuco and Blondie are going through the abandoned town looked for Lee van Cleef I always liked.
The Street Fighter with Sonny Chiba, pretty such any scene, he kicks everyone's ass in that movie.