Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Favorite Bargin Basement Booze

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What is your favorite cheap drink of choice? Liquor, beer, or wine there is something cheap that we all buy when we're down an out...or just because it makes good econmic sense! What do you do to get a little tipsy but don't want to beat up your wallet?

I'll start it of this time by saying my favortie cheap booze is this fantastic colorado vodka called "Frost". It's literally amazing. Made with colorado spring water, this is the cleanest triple distilled vodka I've had in my life period. It has a sweet taste to it and almost everyone I've ever given it to has commented on how easy it is to drink. It comes in several flavors (Albeit at the cost of 5 percent alcohol content) but...and here comes the kicker...retails at just 9 dollars for a 750ml bottle and 14 dollars a half gallon! It's amazing but thus far only the Albertsons chain of supermarket carries it. Taste test tried and true, it's a bargin jem of liquor.

How do you guys roll?

mpimpin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aristocrat vodka aka aristocrap aka Death in a bottle.
Mixed with some pineapple orange juice...I'm drinkin right now...

$15 for a Liter of this vodka. But its pretty tasty and to mix it with something can get rather expensive.

or

Canadian Mist Vodka the 1.75 liters for $25 isn't a bad deal
either shoot it or mix it with Coke or sprite

I prefer other drinks but when I feel I am on budget trying to save money these are what I go for

Magma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Back in my drinking days it was:

Cheap beer - The Blue Jewel (Pabst Blue Ribbon)

Top Shelf - Grandma (Grand Marnier)

God I loved Grandma. On the rocks, room temp in a go-cup, neat or heated in a snifter, whatever. But the hangovers were epic...

KarmaSutra

Banned
Reaction score
Padron Reserve maduro in hand while finishing my b
Either Popov vodka or Steel Reserve beer. Either one will completely rot your gut for less than $2.

If you want to get fvcked up quick, try Cisco wine coolers.

iqqi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cheap bottle of wine $10. Sometimes I put it in a flask and keep it on me leg when I go out, if I am broke.

If I don't share, it lasts me the weekend.

:D

MacAvoy

Banned
Reaction score
iqqi said:
Cheap bottle of wine $10. Sometimes I put it in a flask and keep it on me leg when I go out, if I am broke.

If I don't share, it lasts me the weekend.

:D
A women after my heart.

MooseGod

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The Paradise City where the grass is green and the
Canadian Mist is pretty decent stuff for the price...

Carlo Rossi Paisano is a good cheap table wine, plus nothing says party like drinking wine out of a big-ass jug all night.

...and of course, Miller High Life when it's past 9 and I can't get anything at the liquor store (liquor laws suck here.)

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Frost, huh? I'm gonna have to try that. There are some great vodkas out there that will give the expensive stuff a run for the money. I usually drink Luksosowa from Poland. It's a potato vodka, so it has more flavor than most, but it's a good flavor and it isn't cheap ass hangover juice, even though it only cost me about $18 for a 1.75 at Total Wine.

another good vodka is Svedka, if you like something with less "flavor", along the lines of a Stoli or Ketel and such. also about $18 for a 1.75.

Level is crap for the $$, BTW

For rum try Abuela if you can find it.

And there is no such thing as "cheap" good beer, I'm sorry to say. Unless you're buying it in the Czech Republic that is.

Mavrick

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Michelob Ultra

It has a nice taste, no after taste, and doesn't leave a hang over.

I think I'm done with drinking for a while though.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol good times to all. I think I've drank everything on here for a period but special god d*amn to Karma for mentioning Seel Reserve. Back in the day my room mates and I bought 22's fo those from 7-11 regularly. 8.1 percent of gut rotting death brew. I remember getting enough money to start buying Coors Light...the stuff tasted like champagne after a regiment of the SR.

I'm not sure about anybody else but the best cheap beer for me was Keystone Light. 5 Dollars a 12 pack with an easy to drink taste. I actually moved up to Keystone Premium and Keystone Ice after a while...If you want to call that moving "up".

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When I was 20 I got arrested for underage consumption, walking down the road and drinking a can of Keystone beer. At my pleading at the podunk county courthouse, which came in between the pleadings of two violent offenders in orange jump suits and shackles, the judge said, "It says here that the defendant was caught drinking a can of Keystone Beer."

Then the DA corrected him, "Keystone Ice beer, your honor."

"mm, hmm, I see," the judge replied, and then he wrote in the file, as though that was some critical detail.

Then I pled guilty and paid a $50 fine. Two years before, I had been arrested drinking at a bar, and the fine was $250, so fifty seemed like nothing.

Corona

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's not exactly "bargain basement", but Seagrams Gin always treats me right, and $16 a handle is reasonable.

PR - Any more info on that "Frost" Vodka? I couldn't find anything about it online.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Corona said:
It's not exactly "bargain basement", but Seagrams Gin always treats me right, and $16 a handle is reasonable.

PR - Any more info on that "Frost" Vodka? I couldn't find anything about it online.
You probobly won't be able to find Frost online man sorry. It's store bought generic alcohol. I'm almost certian the Albertsons brand supermarket chain owns the distillery that makes this particular generic alcohol. Thus far no supermarket or liquor store other then Albertsons sells this beverage. The other major supermarket sells Kristov. Another cheap generic alcohol that I can only find at one store but it taste like Gillby's or Gordon's brand bottom shelf vodka. Their vanilla flavor isn't terrible but you lose something like 2.5 percent alcohol content when you drink flavored booze, asside from gins. The standard triple distilled kristov doesn't even compare with Frost vodka. They say it right on the front of the bottle that you'd expect the quality of Frost to come from a premium topshelf vodka and I swear on my dead grand daddy, the same man who gave me my first sip of booze, that these people are not lying.

If you have a friend in cali maybe they can send you one! I just bought a handle myself. I'm about to embark in a series of very hype pool parties then cinco de mayo! I need to come prepeared!!

Corona

Don Juan
Reaction score
PRMoon said:
You probobly won't be able to find Frost online man sorry. It's store bought generic alcohol. I'm almost certian the Albertsons brand supermarket chain owns the distillery that makes this particular generic alcohol. Thus far no supermarket or liquor store other then Albertsons sells this beverage. The other major supermarket sells Kristov. Another cheap generic alcohol that I can only find at one store but it taste like Gillby's or Gordon's brand bottom shelf vodka. Their vanilla flavor isn't terrible but you lose something like 2.5 percent alcohol content when you drink flavored booze, asside from gins. The standard triple distilled kristov doesn't even compare with Frost vodka. They say it right on the front of the bottle that you'd expect the quality of Frost to come from a premium topshelf vodka and I swear on my dead grand daddy, the same man who gave me my first sip of booze, that these people are not lying.

If you have a friend in cali maybe they can send you one! I just bought a handle myself. I'm about to embark in a series of very hype pool parties then cinco de mayo! I need to come prepeared!!
Damn, the thing is I live in CO, but they don't sell booze in the supermarkets here, so I guess I'm S.O.L.

Does it list where the distillery is on the bottle? Or a customer service # to call? I'm a big fan of clear, clean liquors.

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Corona said:
Damn, the thing is I live in CO, but they don't sell booze in the supermarkets here, so I guess I'm S.O.L.

Does it list where the distillery is on the bottle? Or a customer service # to call? I'm a big fan of clear, clean liquors.
Unfortunately the water is only collected from Colorado. The distillery is in Cali.

Fleetwood Distilling Products, LTD.
Mira Loma, CA 91752.

penkitten

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
around here, that would be moonshine...
one shot of moonshine, and penkitten starts to see double and walks funny and needs a ride home .

rjones

Don Juan
Reaction score
You guys are so lucky alcohol is cheap in the states. In Toronto Canada a bottle of hennesey is $40.

Rollo Tomassi

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahhh, alcohol, my favorite topic.

As the art director of a notoriously expensive premium vodka myself it's not in my best interest to divulge my best secrets, but in the interests of the commonwealth and as a connoisseur of fine spirits I will.

If you can ever find a 750ml or 1.75L bottle of Amsterdam Vodka buy it. We've discontinued it, but you can still find it often enough. It is literally our own product in a cheaper bottle and will run you around $9. Lots of flavors if you like 80 proof vodka (flavors too). You wont be disappointed.

Next is Burrnett's Vodka. For $8.49 per 750ml, you get some damn good flavored vodka that easily as good as Smirnoff or 3 Olives. In fact NEVER buy 3 Olives in favor of Smirnoff - they are chemically identical.

If you're into Gin, stay away from anything with a Flieschman's label on it. The price may tempt you, but it's worse than jet fuel. Try Gilbey's instead. Same price and triple distilled.

Always look for the 50ml minis most liquor stores have up by the register on sale. Never buy them for more than a $1 a piece. Usually about 89¢ is the general price. If you're on a budget, and you want to pace your shots, these are your best bet. Plus you can sneak them past most security at shows or clubs individually.

Also, if you're not worried about the calories occasionally, a 24oz. tall boy of Steel Reserve will definitely get you started.