Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fat Burners

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Long story short, I've started diet/cutting again. I know the whole deal about lifestyle change and what not, but honestly, its hard to keep at this when I don't see progress. So the whole "just cut 500 calories a day" thing ends with me on a drinking/eating binge on the weekend.

I have a trip to Vegas with friends coming up in June. This is my short term-goal for now - to get some decent progress in by then, meaning - progress I can SEE/FEEL.

I've heard of Animal Pak, E&C Stack, etc.

What can I take to help in fat-burning? I've got protein, fish oil, and a multi-vitamin with Green Tea extract already.

Reaction score
Unfortunately there is no capsule of self discipline.

I suggest that you use mental tricks to reinforce your progress and goals. I have a pair of Fat Calipers and measure my abdominal fat every day.
One week of disciplined eating and exercise and you WILL see that measurement go down.

One week becomes two etc....

Once a month progress photos taped up to the fridge or bathroom mirror will constantly remind you of your goals.

I have Xcel spreadsheet plotted my progress in lean mass and BF in the past. Looking at those hard numbers and graphics should help keep you on track.

Success breeds more success!

I am 50 and have dropped from about 20% BF to 13.5% in 3.5 months and gained muscle using a typical moderate loss diet, weightlifting, cardio and 4 fat burner caps a day for the last 2 months of the 3.5.

The fat burner caps WERE not the deciding factor, they simply amp me up and help a bit.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forty0ztoFreedom said:
Long story short, I've started diet/cutting again. I know the whole deal about lifestyle change and what not, but honestly, its hard to keep at this when I don't see progress. So the whole "just cut 500 calories a day" thing ends with me on a drinking/eating binge on the weekend.

I have a trip to Vegas with friends coming up in June. This is my short term-goal for now - to get some decent progress in by then, meaning - progress I can SEE/FEEL.

I've heard of Animal Pak, E&C Stack, etc.

What can I take to help in fat-burning? I've got protein, fish oil, and a multi-vitamin with Green Tea extract already.
Post up your current diet plan, lifting routine and carido schedule and for how long you've been doing it and what results if any you've seen in that time frame.

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm doing the P90X Lean program, replacing the Yoga day with a wild-card day (did HIIT, or, something resembling it as best as I could, this week). Just started Monday. P90X Lean is just P90X but with a core workout replacing 'Chest & Back.' Its 2 strength workouts a week, 'Arms & Shoulders' and 'Legs & Back.'

Diet is low-carb/no-white-carbs (or VERY few), no bad fats, high protein, no sugar, and getting in about 2000-2500 calories a day. I guess I'll just give an example of what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: 2 eggs
Lunch: Small slice of Turkey Meatloaf, bowl of grilled chicken & broccoli. Salad w/ Italian Dressing. Protein Shake (125 cals, 2g fat, 21g protein)
Snack: 2 turkey hotdogs (w/ normal ketchup), small salad.
Late Snack: 2 turkey hotdogs.
Late Dinner After a Late Workout: Big salad, turkey meatloaf. Couple of strawberries. Protein Shake.

Also :10 1000mg Fish oil pills, a multivitamin w/ Green Tea extract, and had a bag of cashews @ the movies.

mikeyb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A bike. Ride it 4-6 hours - fat being shed. Get back. Eat clean. Repeat 4-5 times a week.

OK so maybe an exaggeration but if you're having trouble cutting you either need to increase cardio or decrease calories. If you're really serious you should weigh your food to get an exact calorie count then you will be able to tailor meals to result in an fairly exact calorie deficit. I've never taken supplements for this and the only guys I know who have taken them took them to go from 8% to 6% to improve performance in races.

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know I'm cutting calories . . I know if I continue on, I will lose. I just want to kickstart this and get as much results as possible for mid-to-late June. Honestly, I am the type of person where its 'all' or 'nothing.'

I couldn't even go out last night because I knew if I did, the pull to just get wasted would be too much.

mikeyb

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
If you don't mind losing some muscle as well there are things you can do to kickstart fat loss. They involve increasing cardio a LOT to boost your metabolism.

I recently read an article saying that eating fat at breakfast can increase fat metabolism throughout the day - maybe worth a try.

Reaction score
Forty0ztoFreedom said:
QUOTE]

&
Forty0ztoFreedom said:
I know I'm cutting calories . . I know if I continue on, I will lose. I just want to kickstart this and get as much results as possible for mid-to-late June. Honestly, I am the type of person where its 'all' or 'nothing.'

I couldn't even go out last night because I knew if I did, the pull to just get wasted would be too much.
QUOTE]

Good call on not going out!

Respectfully, I see conflicting info.
You don't see progress, yet you know you are cutting calories, are in a calories deficit, eating "about" 2000-2500 cal/day, but you binge?

So.
When did you start your diet?
What did you weigh at that date?
What BF%?

What do you weigh now & BF%?
Got any photos?

Not familar with turkey meatloaf and hotdogs (processed), but they don't sound as clean/healthy as skinless baked chicken breasts/turkey, lean beef or fish.

If you want maximum fat loss in the next 2 months, you need to be very focused, eat very clean, know exactly how many calories/C/P/T you are eating everyday, have a consistent exercise program and objectively track your results.

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't know if its a good call on not going out . . I mean what am I gonna do, be a shut-in? A healthy, lean shut-in, but a shut-in nonetheless!

The conflicting info is an older, slackier thing I was doing, involving lots of slip-ups/drinking binges/junk food. This is new.

I'm 6'4, 360 as of now. Don't know what I weighed when I started (Monday), but probably not much more. No idea what my BF % is.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eat a lot of raw broccoli and grate your own coleslaw. I like purple cabbage with a small amount of slaw dressing. Raw cruciferous vegetables will fill you up for a long time. They have next to zero carbs or calories, and are some of the overall healthiest foods on the planet. Eat one meal a day like this and you will lose weight. Eat two meals like that and do some real cardio, and the pounds will drop off very quickly.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Forty0ztoFreedom said:
I don't know if its a good call on not going out . . I mean what am I gonna do, be a shut-in? A healthy, lean shut-in, but a shut-in nonetheless!

The conflicting info is an older, slackier thing I was doing, involving lots of slip-ups/drinking binges/junk food. This is new.

I'm 6'4, 360 as of now. Don't know what I weighed when I started (Monday), but probably not much more. No idea what my BF % is.
I assume your goal is to obviously strip away your body fat. Like Ecto said you need to be able to objectively follow your results. Has there ever been a period of time where you've followed a pre written diet to a T. Something on the lines of M-T-W-T-F-S-S and each day has specific foods and weights that you measure out and follow. And for cardio has there ever been a consistent amount of time that you've followed a detailed cardio plan? To me it sounds like you've never actually started yet. Once on a consistent plan that can be tracked you'll see the results you've always wanted to see.

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, a couple of years ago I actually lost a ton of more weight. After I quit smoking a gained a lot, then lost that . . got to about 345.

I do have a food scale. I used it for a while and kept it at 2000 cals a day. I guess I sort of fell off of that, since it seemed like I could keep generally in that area once I was accustomed to what food and portions would amount to.

minknency

Reaction score
Foods that are rich in Vitamin C have the properties of acting as fat burners.There is a large number of thermo-genesis diet products available in the market for weight loss. Breakfast foods like Oatmeal, skimmed milk and whole grain cereal and even spicy foods containing peppers are considered as foods that burn fat.

d!ckmojo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
L-Carnitine

Its an amino acid that mobilises the transport of fatty acids from the cytosol into the mitochondria during the breakdown of lipids (fats) for the generation of metabolic energy. Studies show that oral carnitine reduces fat mass, increases muscle mass, and reduces fatigue.

source: wikipedia

J. Darko

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Supplements are not proven to work by science. What is proven by science, is to eat like the food pyramid tells you to and to squat and jump rope 3 times a week and consistently improving the intensity and/or the volume of your training.

No need to thank me. Good luck.

PS. Recently, researchers have found that supplements rob you of your hard earned money.

MikeBrown30

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
,-._|\ ................... ............ / Aus \ ..
If your diet isn't tailored for weight loss nor are you doing enough cardio, no fat burners will work. Pretty much all of the ones sold in health food stores/supermarkets are useless anyway. You want real fat burners? Use an ECA stack or Clen.

If your diet is $h1t, don't bother wasting your money.

Paintballguy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Diet is everything for losing fat. There is no exception. I've been cutting for the last 6 weeks or so, and I've already dropped 15 pounds. I just eat clean, stay in a caloric deficit, do cardio and lift. The concept is very easy. The will power and determination to follow through is the hardest part.

EA Gold

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Your going to consciously cut the sugar out of your diet and then your going to drink green tea first thing in the morning, and again at lunch or the afternoon. Your also going to do cardio or powerlifting in the morning, it could be jump rope, cycling, weights, running.

j0n24

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
J. Darko said:
Supplements are not proven to work by science. What is proven by science, is to eat like the food pyramid tells you to and to squat and jump rope 3 times a week and consistently improving the intensity and/or the volume of your training.

No need to thank me. Good luck.

PS. Recently, researchers have found that supplements rob you of your hard earned money.
There have been some supplements that are backed by research most notably Creatine Monohydrate, Protein, Carbs, Fats....for fat burning the ECA stack is backed by research as well.

Ephedrine+caffeine+asprin will help you lose body fat when taken in conjunction of a weight lifting program and meal plan.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/9546/ecastack.jpg

J

jasikajack

Fat burners,vitamin C have the properties of acting as fat burners,and eat a oat's item and also take a warm water 2time daily and take a warm lemon water with honey this a also a fat burner and take a healthy food salad,fruit,juice and vegetables this also best for a health.