Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Fast Food Workers Are Getting What They Asked For!

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is happening across the developed world which is why more and more emphasis is being placed on getting a good degree or series of qualifications to enable you to enter the service sector (law, accountancy, finance, banking, etc) as these are the few areas that are still safe from mass automation.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
I'm in BOLD

Espi said:
First off, in my opinion, jobs that offer "100% Commission" are really just the wealthy's way of ensuring modern day slavery.

The hired is expected to do all of the work, as well as take on all of the effort and risk, while the business owner sits back and takes the majority of whatever commissions that the worker yields. It's just a modern-day sweatshop. That's all it is. The business owner-I'm talking about the exclusively wealthy--get to exploit the workers and take absolutely no risk in paying him or compensating him. I just personally don't understand how that's even fair.

Espi, but this isn't true. For example, I have been in Professional Sales going on 9 years and you have two different compensation plans, a W-2/Base Salary plus Commission Plan, or a 100% Commission Plan. The one with the base salary pays a much lower commission, doesn't give you payment on residuals/recurring income for the life of the client in your portfolio and once you stop "working" for the company everything is lost. The 100% Commission Plan gives you a higher commission pay-out, recurring/residual revenue off your clients for the life of their account and even if you stop producing for the company, they still pay you.

So it comes down to the fact that if you are actually a Professional Sales Rep and can sell efficiently, it makes more sense to be on 100% Commission as you make more money and you are building an actual business asset (the residual portfolio). But nevertheless, with any Sales Job, you are paid based on what you produce.

So if you produce $1 million in sales, there's a percentage of that you are going to get in terms of compensation. The different compensation plans are just the different options of paying you, with the 100% commission one being the highest payout plan.

The only way you starve in sales is if you aren't selling anything, and if you aren't selling anything, then you need to get OUT of sales and take up an Administration role somewhere.

As far as the consequences of blowing **** up in order to get things done, well just look back to 9/11 and you probably won't disagree with me that things got done. The world has changed drastically in the 15 years since the event. 2001 is largely regarded as the beginning of the end of the Capitalist Empire known as "America."

But if I could personally go back and talk to those men who flew those planes into those buildings, I'd personally ask them, Why didn't you crash them into Walmart headquarters and McDonald's headquarters instead of the World Trade Center? The reason I would ask that is because I personally feel that companies Walmart and McDonalds and other large mega-corporations have done more to fvuck up the democracy of this country than all 11 of those so-called terrorists who combined to smash those planes into the economic and defense symbols of America.

How has McDonalds messed up the world though? Is it through selling processed crap? Who makes the decision to eat the processed crap? How have Walmart messed up the world? Through offering people near wholesale prices on everything? Who makes the decision to buy their groceries and household items at these low prices rather than staying at the local Mom and Pop Store paying higher prices? These companies are fulfilling a demand in the market, it's the people in the market demanding these things that should be the issue. People rant on Walmart for charging rock bottom prices, but when you ask those same people are they willing to PAY MORE so Walmart employees can get a raise, they get veryyyy quiet :rolleyes:

Mark my words though. Something disastrous eventually will happen to one of these large corporations. I suspect that there will be a large scale cyber attack, which doesn't bother me in the least. Anything that can cripple the large power corporate machine, I'm in favor of, because I don't believe that one guy should be earning 34 fvucking billion dollars while the people who sustain his wealth get paid starvation wages. And that's what this is about by the way. Fair fvucking wage. It's about a living wage. A wage that's respectable enough to at least feed oneself and his or her family. Even at $15 an hour, it can't be done.

Nobody is making anybody take a job for $15 an hour. If the guy can do better, he should quit and go make more. The issue is that people working at McDonalds and Walmart were a lot of these people that didn't study hard in school, had no Career Plan, created kids before they could even take care of themselves, etc.

The CEO is managing thousands of employees and getting a small cut from thousands of people, he keeps the brand of the business strong and other measures strong from a Macro standpoint, that's why he makes so much. Can one of these $15 an hour people do what the CEO does? If so, they should apply to be CEO and seek promotions to move up, OR, go work somewhere else doing something else that pays you what you feel you ought to be paid.

There's a reason an experienced RN doesn't apply and take a job at Walmart for $10 an hour, her skills are as such to where she's worth MORE in another particular market sector.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
Espi said:
First off, in my opinion, jobs that offer "100% Commission" are really just the wealthy's way of ensuring modern day slavery.

The hired is expected to do all of the work, as well as take on all of the effort and risk, while the business owner sits back and takes the majority of whatever commissions that the worker yields. It's just a modern-day sweatshop. That's all it is. The business owner-I'm talking about the exclusively wealthy--get to exploit the workers and take absolutely no risk in paying him or compensating him. I just personally don't understand how that's even fair.

As far as the consequences of blowing **** up in order to get things done, well just look back to 9/11 and you probably won't disagree with me that things got done. The world has changed drastically in the 15 years since the event. 2001 is largely regarded as the beginning of the end of the Capitalist Empire known as "America."

But if I could personally go back and talk to those men who flew those planes into those buildings, I'd personally ask them, Why didn't you crash them into Walmart headquarters and McDonald's headquarters instead of the World Trade Center? The reason I would ask that is because I personally feel that companies Walmart and McDonalds and other large mega-corporations have done more to fvuck up the democracy of this country than all 11 of those so-called terrorists who combined to smash those planes into the economic and defense symbols of America.

Mark my words though. Something disastrous eventually will happen to one of these large corporations. I suspect that there will be a large scale cyber attack, which doesn't bother me in the least. Anything that can cripple the large power corporate machine, I'm in favor of, because I don't believe that one guy should be earning 34 fvucking billion dollars while the people who sustain his wealth get paid starvation wages. And that's what this is about by the way. Fair fvucking wage. It's about a living wage. A wage that's respectable enough to at least feed oneself and his or her family. Even at $15 an hour, it can't be done.

For this to make any sense, you have to believe that whatever product of service is sold, it appears from nowhere, at no cost and with no risk.

Somewhere, someone made and maintains investment with an uncertain return. They did that because they believed in the possibility of a return higher than other alternatives available at the time. That is called risk. And capital investment is risk.

Factories, products, services, advertising, distribution networks - all the things that create jobs - are not natural resources. Someone creates them and takes risk doing so. So it's cute that you think that all you need to do is impose a high enough wage and everything will work out. After all, everything that makes goods and services is already there and won't go anywhere or change.

Seriously?

That doesn't mean there aren't things wrong with capitalism - not that that is anywhere practiced today is capitalism. Big time capitalism is not capitalism at all its CRONY capitalism and completely dependent upon government selling itself (cheaply) to capitalists so that capitalists extract ridiculous benefits from government.

Last edited:

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
backbreaker said:
this is my field and i will assure you that you never have to truly worry about India taking every american tech job. They aren't that complement over there. At least not enough fo them to ever be a serious threat to american programmers. There will always be a market for indian programmers willing to work for 8 dollars an hour but An american programmer who isn't trying to bill someone 100 an hour and knows what the **** he's doing will always have a job.
Just out of interest how much could a good programmer bill at?

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not for crew members to get $15 an hour minimal, but I am for Managers. Fast food managers, and in managers I general, deal with a lot of sh*t throughout the day.

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Skyline said:
I'm not for crew members to get $15 an hour minimal, but I am for Managers. Fast food managers, and in managers I general, deal with a lot of sh*t throughout the day.
LOL interesting. You are no better than the crew member demanding $15 brother.

Understand this - you get paid what you're worth.

Don't like it? Improve your human capital or stfu.

If you think you are being paid below your market value then go elsewhere because simple economics dictates you will find someone willing to pay you for the marginal value you bring to the table.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MidnightCity said:
i miss tlts. at least he ranted with flare
My response was not a rant. But I see you have no retort, since you've already jumped into the shame-baiting. Boring.

But you are correct on Tits, he was the greatest poster on this site.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MidnightCity said:
the thing that people dont understand is that the disconnect is not an issue of color. its an issue of culture.
That's the first smart thing I've ever seen you say on this site.

Unfortunately, at the end of the day, 90% of the blacks (you included) are going to support (willingly) that bad culture that has stereotyped the whole race to an extent. The reason why? Manipulation. Many guys like you want to say it's not about race, but you'll be the first one to check 'black' by your name when filling out an affirmative action form. Cake and eating it too, and all that. Just like women who want to have a career and ride the c*ck carousel, and then have babies and be a housewife (without doing the dishes of course).

It's all bullsh*t. Everybody is looking out for themselves only, and that goes for the useful idiot white lib-tards in their gated communities too.

Conservatives (of any races) are the ONLY people in this country who gives 2 sh*ts about community.

Skyline

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BeTheChange said:

If you think you are being paid below your market value then go elsewhere because simple economics dictates you will find someone willing to pay you for the marginal value you bring to the table.
I should be able to make a decent living managing a staff AND the businesses money. 'Merica.

$15 seems excessive for Managers actually, I would settle for $10 as minimal for MANAGERS. Crew members can stay the same.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not sure if a lot of people on the LEFT even understand what Capitalism is. Capitalism is Steve Jobs, a guy that worked out of a garage and created products that enhanced ALL of our lives in terms of how we operate.

Capitalism is NOT things like the Wallstreet 2008 situation or Enron, etc. Wallstreet is pretty much Fascism as Big Government has been propping up Wallstreet since day one. The Fed for example (while not a Department of Government, they are functioning in the role of a government figure) is SOLELY reasonably for the massive gains in the Stock Market since 2010.

"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." - Benito Mussolini.

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MidnightCity said:
whats the point? you have tunnel vision. what do i gain from presenting any kind of argument to someone like you? why waste my time? you want a retort for what? because you want to udnerstand my point of view and hope that i might shed some light on something you dont understand that might help you understand? or because you just want a chance to shoot down anything i say with your "facts"? i think we both know the answer to that one
Yes.

I have a harsh tone, I admit this. So I get why people might feel offense when reading my comments. I try not to come across that way, but it's just what happens.

But let it be known, I do not agree with leftist fundamentals....I think it's all flawed. I am starting to understand why people think that way though, and it's mainly a selfish and jealous motive. It's the only one that makes sense. I don't expect you to agree, because that hits the ego, and requires some serious self reflection.

Reaction score
you're a moron. If Walmart goes out of biz, it'll bother you PLENTY. lots of those managers will be taking YOU job, or that of somebody you care about. wtf would anyone BOTHER to be held responsible as a "manager" and he gets the same pay as an ordinary crew worker, hmm? You dumbfycks "think" that biz owners have no risk" you are out of your MIND. they are always at risk of going out of biz, having their corporate stock price drop, of hostile buyouts, liability suits, etc.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
BeTheChange said:

The problem is American workers have little market value due to government and corporate polices of mass immigration, outsourcing, trade imbalances, monopolies etc. The elites and people in power decide your market value, not the 'market'.

The only way you're really free to demand and hold out for what you believe you deserve and are worth is to be independently wealthy on welfare or willing to go homeless lol. The average person can't hold out long.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Immigration and outsourcing are going to be moot points in 20-30 years when the robots take those jobs back from the Mexicans, Indians, and Chinese that we are giving them to now.

Technology is really what is going to kill the concept of "job" as we know it now. Watch any old 1980's movie that takes place in an office. Look in the background and notice how many people there are. Offices don't look that way any more. But if we took away computers and cel phones, suddenly almost everyone would need a secretary or an assistant.

I thought AI was a good movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0212720/

It's about robots replacing humans. Our days are numbered, but the age of the robots is just beginning. We're building our replacements.

Mike32ct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Eastern Time Zone where it's always really late
Stagger Lee said:
The problem is American workers have little market value due to government and corporate polices of mass immigration, outsourcing, trade imbalances, monopolies etc. The elites and people in power decide your market value, not the 'market'.

The only way you're really free to demand and hold out for what you believe you deserve and are worth is to be independently wealthy on welfare or willing to go homeless lol. The average person can't hold out long.
Exactly. We have huge underemployment in the U.S. right now. NAFTA destroyed many good manufacturing jobs that legitimately paid $15+ per hour. Given the irreversible loss of these jobs, politicians and the public think that squeezing the fast food businesses for more money is the answer. It isn't. That's like saying, "I lost my $35 per hour job at an automotive plant because it went to Mexico. Now I demand that the local coffee shop hire me and pay me $35 per hour to pour coffee."

Reaction score
God help you if you can't come up with a good investment/biz idea, write a book,create a viral video, something. The only field that I see with potential for decent money is medical and even that, you'll have to be more than just a registered nurse. What I said about living in a van, on school loans, marrying a nurse from Asia, knowing a vet, getting a VA home loan, and renting out weekly rooms? Any single US man can do those things, and you can be set for life in 3-4 years.

Tenacity

Banned
Reaction score
Bible_Belt said:
Immigration and outsourcing are going to be moot points in 20-30 years when the robots take those jobs back from the Mexicans, Indians, and Chinese that we are giving them to now.

Technology is really what is going to kill the concept of "job" as we know it now. Watch any old 1980's movie that takes place in an office. Look in the background and notice how many people there are. Offices don't look that way any more. But if we took away computers and cel phones, suddenly almost everyone would need a secretary or an assistant.

I thought AI was a good movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0212720/

It's about robots replacing humans. Our days are numbered, but the age of the robots is just beginning. We're building our replacements.
100% true. I even laugh at how a lot of folks on the right blame the current job/employment structure all on Obama's policies, without looking at the changing structure of the economy.

A lot of the new jobs being created are on the lower pay scale, because that's the state of the economy today. But the divide is going to get much bigger between the HAVES and the HAVE NOTS as the HAVES are likely going to be the people that are making and controlling the Robots to produce production, while the HAVE NOTS are going to be the people that the Robots are going to replace.

I'm in Professional Sales but it's not just in our industry, just about every industry with a consulting/service function has the Account Reps, Managers, etc. all using sophisticated/new age technology (robots) that automate a lot of routine tasks and perform those tasks on their own. We just watch over those robots/technologies and make sure everything is going smooth.

So the question is, where do those people go? On welfare? Rely more on the Government? The Government is broke.

It's why I seriously don't understand why people don't consider these things, they are just going about their day, smoking their "weed", making kids they can't afford, and doing other DUMB financial decisions thinking that Daddy Obama will bail them out of everything.

The next ten years (2016 - 2026) is about to be the start of the massive Robot and Globalization take-over. If you think you have Wealth Inequality right now, you haven't seen nothing yet.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Mike32ct said:
Exactly. We have huge underemployment in the U.S. right now. NAFTA destroyed many good manufacturing jobs that legitimately paid $15+ per hour. Given the irreversible loss of these jobs, politicians and the public think that squeezing the fast food businesses for more money is the answer. It isn't. That's like saying, "I lost my $35 per hour job at an automotive plant because it went to Mexico. Now I demand that the local coffee shop hire me and pay me $35 per hour to pour coffee."
Exactly, instead of trying to get fast food and Walmart workers $15/hr, workers manufacturing Iphones, tvs, refrigerators and cars, should be getting $15+/hr instead of it being done in China and Mexico and sold here for top 1st world prices. Apple and other corporations makes so many $ billions they certainly could still be profitable manufacturing in the US.

The $500 billion/year and widening trade deficit 80% with communist China has got to be costing millions of jobs and driving down wages in the US.

Then what is left and can't be easily be outsourced is flooded with mass legal and illegal immigration and foreign workers. Progressive libs trying to raise fast food and retail workers' pay is just window dressing.

Tictac

Banned
Reaction score
MidnightCity said:
my beef is with the tiny handful or so people out of the hundreds of millions that felt the need to just acquire billions and billions of dollars at the expense of everything and everyone.

Who are you talking about?

speed dawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
MidnightCity said:
my beef is with the tiny handful or so people out of the hundreds of millions that felt the need to just acquire billions and billions of dollars at the expense of everything and everyone.
Since you ducked my question again, I'm just going to point out how TOTALLY F*CKING STUPID it is to fixate on such a small minority. There are always going to be sh*tballs out there. Get over it, and on with your life and quit wasting everyone's time on your phony SJW cause that does NOTHING but benefit those people you hate anyway.

MidnightCity said:
people are crying about unskilled laborers making 15$? they should be bltching about how the cost of living got so fvcking high and why the money they make isnt up to par with that.
It's not the elite crying about that, it's the MIDDLE CLASS. It's smart people who realize how business and economics work.