Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

fast cars, theyre NOT impressive

smooth'n'saucy

Don Juan
Reaction score
2 nights ago i crashed my car
why did i crash?

i was going too fast

a friend and i, we could have died.

what did i learn?

LIFE moves quicker than any car, it can change in the blink of an eye. If you spend your time hesitating, you will spend even more time trying to catch up to life as it left you when you stopped to doubt yourself.

How many people in wheelchairs do you see being the life of the party, enjoying sexual relationships with more ladies than your school bus can carry?

None

After the experience i had, i know; every minute is worth it, every minute counts for the future. Use every minute you have to better yourself for BOTH the present and the future.

Because at any minute you can lose everything.

Next time you get in a car, whether you are behind the wheel or passenger, think to yourself.

"Do i want to spend a few minutes being silly in this car....and pay for it with the rest of my life?"

Consider that

I know for certain i will always remember this. I will always make every minute count. And i will NEVER put mine or anyone elses life at risk just to prove a stupid point in a car ever again. Let this be a lesson to all of you as well.

Kiss life like you kiss a girl. With care and love. Lean in and make the move, you have nothing to lose.

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
What did you crash into, and what kind of road.

I know for a fact you can drive easily 210km/h on a high-speed highway with light traffic, so whatever the hell traffic you were in, stupid!

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fast cars are impressive. The people who drive them and think they automatically make them cooler, are not. If you're going to have a fast car, be smart about it.

smooth'n'saucy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Being on this site, this isnt about skills, or looking cool in a fancy car..you dont need to be a good driver or own a hot car to be good with ladies as you all should know. this is about considering what life is worth, considering whether the risk is worth taking, and in the case of driving, taking a risk is never worth it.

It was a corner, loose gravel across it, and there was no traffic whatsoever..just having one other in the car was inconsiderate enough. but i've learned and the whole point i posted this thread here is because being in highschool myself i know that a great emphasis is placed upon driving and everyone at some stage will have an urge to impress with their "skills".

I just want to try and prevent others doing what i did because i know we came out extremely lucky

S1NN3R

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
smooth'n'saucy said:
fast cars, theyre NOT impressive
What does you going faster than your abilities warrant have to do with the impressiveness of fast cars?

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
smooth'n'saucy said:
Being on this site, this isnt about skills, or looking cool in a fancy car..you dont need to be a good driver or own a hot car to be good with ladies as you all should know. this is about considering what life is worth, considering whether the risk is worth taking, and in the case of driving, taking a risk is never worth it.

It was a corner, loose gravel across it, and there was no traffic whatsoever..just having one other in the car was inconsiderate enough. but i've learned and the whole point i posted this thread here is because being in highschool myself i know that a great emphasis is placed upon driving and everyone at some stage will have an urge to impress with their "skills".

I just want to try and prevent others doing what i did because i know we came out extremely lucky

Gotchya. Your post should've been titled "Driving Like an Idiot = Stupid"

I feel that a car with speed is sweet. Impressive on its own. I don't need to see some guy trying to show off down on the streets. I'm perfectly fine watching it on the strip.

smooth'n'saucy

Don Juan
Reaction score
i was ****ing stupid!
and yes i had taken the corner on numerous occasions but i just pushed the limits too far, the loose gravel was a new addition and unmarked
the point i want to stress: there is absolutely no point whatsoever in driving faster than you need to

!!!!DONT MAKE MY MISTAKE!!!!!!

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
We got your point. We just don't agree with the title. All is well. Let's move on.

King Tuz

Banned
Reaction score
1 - What kind of car?

2 - What kind of crash and against what?

3 - How fast were you driving?

4 - Any injuries to either you or your friend?

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
1 - What kind of car?
Why would this matter :p, any car can drift

I had a old 2.0 Charger ('88), a piece of crap really.

I found this oval track covered in pure ice, I went drifting with it. I put it in a few snowbanks, but the best was trying to do the track backwards, and I kind of got too close to the inside part and jumped the car 10 feet into knee high snow. (there was a snowbank and she completely cleared her)

Yeah...that was a cold few hours.

But there was no traction to do really good drifts, you start getting her to go and she'd just slide right the fvck off =(.

However, on ice/pavement, I did a 360 in traffic, that was fun, scary and stupid all at the same time. :D

don juan jr

Don Juan
Reaction score
Theres a curvy freeway known as the 110 where i live. Man that sh1t is fun to drive. At night there are 3 or 4 cars, and you can just let loose. The corners are demanding, as i know. I know the limits of my car and i am careful not to bypass those limits. I took a 40 mph turn at 80 and begin to slip a little, haha that was terrifying yet so fun.

I don't drive like this when there are lots of other cars, mind you. For anyone whos driven from L.A. to pasadena, you know there are like three tunnels, man i took my car up to 120 going through the tunnels.

KillaCam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Fast cars are impressive. It's just how you treat them, and what boundaries you push them too.

You pushed them too far, and it's great to see you learnt. But the title is a little mis-leading and incorrect.

Zerotwoonenine

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
dam true man, we had a sad story in our six form several years ago, this guy in upper six, after he has passed his exams and he got the grades to go into cambridge, he went to party with his friends, they had too much to drink and on the way going home, they crashed and he died in that car crash, think about it ppl, he had his whole future in front of him. Live now.

rowing_mike

Don Juan
Reaction score
Speeding is partly about showing off/excitement of going fast, partly about getting somewhere quickly. For me it was a bit of both. I was caught going 80mph on a 30mph limit. Ok, I managed to talk my way out of a perminant ban, points, or any sort of punishment, but I still won't be speeding for a while. Had I crashed, I would have definatly died. I drive a motorbike, with little to no protection from crashing.
For everyone else thinking of speeding, you may have more protection, less chance of dying, but it is still possible. I'm sure many of you think I'm crazy, but in speeding in traffic, showing off going round corners, you can still die just as I can. Think twice.

Docs

Banned
Reaction score
Speeding is a poor term, carries too many meanings.

It's one thing to be a absolute idiot about it, but the other side is if you're traveling 20, 30 over traffic and you aren't cutting anyone off, you pick your spots to lane chance and you still leave yourself lots of room, then I think that should be allowed.

Yeah, I'm 'speeding', by defination, but it's done within reason. I'm not doing 70 over just to cut someone off, that's when it's bad.

I also have to say if it's very light traffic out and you can do 70+ over without changing lanes or presenting a immediate danger to a car in another lane, you should be fine.

cubed

Don Juan
Reaction score
After reading the first post, I've reached the conclusion that everyone should drive recklessly until they have a near-death situation, at which point they realise how fragile life is and resolve to live life to the fullest...

...Or Not.

I was caught going 80mph on a 30mph limit.
How did you talk yourself out of a ticket when you were going at least 2.5 times the speed limit?

I agree whole-heartedly with the whole ignore-the-speed-limit-responsibly bit. Sure, you're breaking the law, but you're respecting the intent of the law, which is more important. (It's more important to drive safely than to drive at the posted speed like an idiot).

KillaCam

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Cubed, I like the "respecting the intent" line there, and totally agree.

Unfortunately, with bending and such around that law, enforcing it would be one hell of a job. And not to mention those who would deliberate abuse any give in the definition.

Kamikazi1231

Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't need a cool car to get them. It's all about how you carry yourself with the car. Do you lower your head in shame when a girl asks about your junker in the driveway or do you tell her a crazy story about it? A cool car may boost your confidence a little but if you can build it up by yourself why bother spending all that money on it.

Although I have to say the car shouldn't smell with the girls sensitive noses and all...