Fashion/Style

selfmademob

Banned
Reaction score
I been trying to buy new clothes and dress more stylish, i.e. clothes match, hat to accesorize, sunglasses, jacket, etc. matching shoes. What are some good tips as far as style, I like to wear like polo shirts with jeans black or blue and shoes to match like brown lugz or black skechers.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
What kind of style are you trying to achieve?

LA_Chico

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
cool bro, I like wearing polo shirts with some nice shoes and pants or jeans,

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nox said:
College fashion nowadays is jean, t-shirt inside stripe Polo short sleeves or long stripe fold-up sleeves shirt.

http://www.anchorblue.com/inc//images/products/100322009_md.jpg
http://aero.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pG01-2978268reg.jpg
Nowadays? My friend, that polo has ALWAYS been the college fashion trend. In fact, I still got my college polo somewhere lol.

Everyone has their own style, mine is basically (from top to bottom)

1.) Blazer. Striped velvet blazers (like http://www.menswearhouse.com/menswe...owsePath=1408474395561411&bmUID=1170011322593 ), leather blazers (dark brown), and basically any nice cloth striped blazer. wear unbuttoned.

2.) striped shirts, open collar, french cuff preffered.

3.) low rise, boot cut jeans in various faded styles. make sure to have one jean with the dirty design to it so you can wear it with your earth tone blazers / shirts.

4.) pointy shoes in black and brown.

Then again, I've had good success wearing anything from polos to flannel shirts and tuques eh.

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
american college fashion screams flip-flops and cargo shorts. american eagle maybe. why anyone would want to emulate the american college look is beyond me. americans (closely followed by the brits) are simply the most disgusting fashion creatures on earth. don't be one of them. follow the crowd and you will be doomed in life.

my advice on clothing is the same as my advice on girls...quality over quantity. you can't go wrong if you stick with the major italian fashion labels. hugo boss has also been doing a decent job with very wearable fashion.

if you have to ask, "what should i wear?" you obviously don't have fashion in your blood. that is fine. in that case i would stick with traditional wear. armani collezione or prada might be right up your alley. dark colors work on almost any guy. if you buy from a decent store they will make sure everything fits you smoothly. most american dudes can afford a few pieces from one of those lines. whatever you do, avoid flip-flops and shorts. nobody wants to see a guy's legs or his disgusting toes. flip-flops are an american curse. thank god ukraine/russian girls wear heels all the time.

doctoroxygen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is like the blind leading the deaf. If you want to be actually stylish, get yourself to www.styleforum.com and supertalk.superfuture.com.

Livinlifehard

Don Juan
Reaction score
if you want shoes... you can almost never go wrong with some doc martins... there about 80 but last a LONG time.

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Livinlifehard said:
if you want shoes... you can almost never go wrong with some doc martins... there about 80 but last a LONG time.
+1 on the Docs... get yourself some 14i's and get rude.

I also agree with doctoroxygen.

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
- Read GQ or Details or something of that nature and find out what you like and dont like. Try on a couple of the things you dont like in the mirror because you will be suprised how wrong you can be about what works well with yourself.
- Always try clothes on before you buy them.
-find out what body type you have and then get clothing that compliments it
-make sure your clothes are too small but especially to baggy because it a misfit can ruin any fashion statement
-bring your own flair to fads if you must follow them. Something that says, "I know everyone thinks this is stylish, but i put my own little touch to show my individuality"
- clean your shoes
- If in doubt, ask a salesperson that seems educated & stylish

If you are a t-shirt and jeans guy you dont have to bend your back and start wearin armani suits. But show you have style with your t- shirt and jeans. Dont go for the $5 rack at walmart or those cliched graphic tees. Instead find something that you think is cool or original or w/e and compliments your style. The same goes with jeans. Sometimes you need to spend a lil extra. Stay away from carpenter jeans though...

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont understand the obsession with fashion. if youre skinny and ugly, youll look bad in a suit. if youre big, buff and goodlooking, youll look like champ in track pants and a tight-fitting basketball jersey or wife beater

i used to spend a lot of time and money on cltohes what a waste. i now use that time for working out and researching bodybuilding and use the money to buy food and supplements. HUGE improvement.

sparky0000

Banned
Reaction score
6-heads lewis said:
i dont understand the obsession with fashion. if youre skinny and ugly, youll look bad in a suit. if youre big, buff and goodlooking, youll look like champ in track pants and a tight-fitting basketball jersey or wife beater

i used to spend a lot of time and money on cltohes what a waste. i now use that time for working out and researching bodybuilding and use the money to buy food and supplements. HUGE improvement.
maybe it is a canadian and american thing. most girls in other lands are more impressed by your style than how big your muscles are. reminds me of a girl i met at one of those internet cafes that are placed in the middle of practically every old soviet apartment block. don't ask me why i was hanging around one :eek: . anyway, she asked me why all american boys always send her pics without their shirts on. she said something like, "don't boys in america wear shirts?" i just think american and canadian girls are more masculine in nature. they like to see skin. kinda odd if you ask me and most of the world.

actually, in order to wear many of the higher end italian brands you need to be thin. a muscle bound fool is probably better off wearing skin tight t-shirts and hanging around gay neighborhoods like the south beach area of miami.

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
sparky0000 said:
maybe it is a canadian and american thing. most girls in other lands are more impressed by your style than how big your muscles are. reminds me of a girl i met at one of those internet cafes that are placed in the middle of practically every old soviet apartment block. don't ask me why i was hanging around one :eek: . anyway, she asked me why all american boys always send her pics without their shirts on. she said something like, "don't boys in america wear shirts?" i just think american and canadian girls are more masculine in nature. they like to see skin. kinda odd if you ask me and most of the world.

actually, in order to wear many of the higher end italian brands you need to be thin. a muscle bound fool is probably better off wearing skin tight t-shirts and hanging around gay neighborhoods like the south beach area of miami.
lol. im serbian and know what you mean, ppl made fun of me when i went over there and wore the same grimey clothes i wear here. its funny how people can live in a dumpster and skip dinner for a week to save up and buy the most trendy and stylish jacket. theyre more concerned with looking rich than actually being rich.

i honestly just go to clearance racks at whatever stores i happen to pass by. most of my jeans are 29.99cdn, most shirts 14-24.99cdn

ive never tried any shirts above 40$ or jeans above 50$ so I have no idea what high class clothes fit like. I went ot the gap a few times until i figured out its actually a gay store. gap = gay and proud? the clothes were from san fran, the ads all has shritless pretty boy males, and the helpers were thin metrosexuals who were a bit too enthusiastic to help me. i mentioned something about my mock girlfriend and got the hell out of there.

as for the muscly gay thing, its funny you bring tha tup, just the other day i was commenting on latent homosexuality in the bodybuilding community. thats why i refuse to go for the 6-pack model look and bodybuilding routine - i stick with the bulky powerlifter routine that shamelessly adds slabs of muscle and some fat. i also find myself forcing a scowl to combat the shoulder-length hair and babyface, i really hate being checked out by fruitcakes.

seanchai

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6-heads lewis said:
if youre skinny and ugly, youll look bad in a suit.
Disagree, see David Bowie. If you're skinny and ugly, you really can't look better than you do in a suit that fits you well.

Except David Bowie looks good in EVERYTHING.

G0gL2000

Don Juan
Reaction score
I think someone needs to write a fashion guide for this forum. The typical man has no sense of fashion and so such a guide will be gold to most men on here.

I also see posts like this come up often. This information is in high demand on here.

Any gay guys, women or straight guys with a really good sense of fashion up for writing the guide?