Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

fashion, is it really needed?

ladiesman217

Don Juan
Reaction score
Fashion... Girls get it, most guys don't. But is it really necessary to be succesful with women? The short answer is no, but the long answer is HELL YES! Allow me to explain, how do you feel when your dressed up in a suit at a wedding? Do you feel like an AFC or like Don Juan himself? You feel like a boss, confident and ready to take the bull by its horns. Being fashionable and having style does two things. It makes you feel more confident on the inside, and it makes you look confidenent on the outside. Looking good shows that you care about how you look and present yourself, this displays confidence. Being dressed well also make you feel more confident and bass ass. The body leads the mind, and the body leads the mind. You feel good and you will show it. Feeling crappy? Sand up straight pop your shoulders back and your day will start getting better.

Being a guy we aren't expected to look good, so when you do you REALLY stand above the rest of AFC's. Girls put soo much time into looking good they know what looks good and what doesnt so when you know what your doing they notice and tell you about it! Who do you like better?
Girl A.) Sweats, no make up, hair thrown up and a baggy tshirt or
Girl B.) Jeans, uggs (if you like them), good looking make up and an interesting top.

Girl b obviously, it's the same with girls! Take a girl out to the mall, blow some money on some cool clothes, have her help you pick out some out fits. Not only are you getting quality advice but she respocts you for wanting to improve and getting help.

Look good, get noticed, and stay alpha!

Dr.LASR

Don Juan
Reaction score
Honestly, I personally think fashion is huge, in short and long. I've gotten so many numbers almost purely because of my shoes. The laces are bright orange, in a cool design. Before, I wasn't talking to nearly as many people. The shirts I wear even influence it on a daily basis. For me, better shirts = More women approaching me. Worse shirts = Less women approaching me.

jericg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah. I do have trouble socializing. You see, im an introvert. But i dress well enough that i catch womens attention whenever im walking and i feel more respected.

The Gambler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ladiesman217 said:
Fashion... Girls get it, most guys don't. But is it really necessary to be succesful with women? The short answer is no, but the long answer is HELL YES!

Look good, get noticed, and stay alpha!
Very well written and very TRUE! There's no downside whatsoever to looking nicer, and you're guaranteed to feel better about yourself.

As far as the alpha thing, don't put too much effort into that. I think it's more of a "self-confidence" thing we should worry about. Of course some girls look for the "alpha leader" type of guys, but other girls prefer introverts like jericg. Bottom line is that there's no need to change your natural personality -- whatever type it happens to be, work on being a more confident one!

The Gambler

Indigo7

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yes, fashion is very important which makes a statement about yourself and you normally feel better in clothes anyway.

Equal attracts equal, beautiful women are dressed very well and likewise are looking for someone who is socially acceptable, which is a well-dressed male.

jericg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Good words, indigo7 and the gambler. However, with being an introvert there are so many bad aspects of it. My confidence falter often, i am very uncomfortable with big groups, and worse of all i freak the fuhh out when im talking to a 10 but i talk normally with 7s and 6s. How do girls guyd like me?

The Gambler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jericg said:
Good words, indigo7 and the gambler. However, with being an introvert there are so many bad aspects of it. My confidence falter often, i am very uncomfortable with big groups, and worse of all i freak the fuhh out when im talking to a 10 but i talk normally with 7s and 6s. How do girls like guys like me?
I hear you, bro. I'm also an introvert (but since I am older and have spent years learning how to communicate, I'm not the same person I was in high school anymore).

I didn't kiss my first girl 'til I was in my early 20s... and I had already been in the Army over three years! But one thing I did not have back then was KNOWLEDGE. See, if I look back at in now, I can still remember all the signals I got from women. But I either didn't recognize the signals or was unsure of how to proceed. No confidence whatsoever and no clue.

These days I am happily married to a woman who has a personality that is very compatible with mine (she's also an invert). But just to improve my communication skills, I try to get to know everyone at the large company I work for. Both men and women. Every time you start a conversation in the break room, you are using the art of smalltalk -- and there is definitely an ART to it. Try to talk about something THEY are interested in -- that is the key! Try to have a slight smile (nothing over the top), and speak clearly in a lower voice.

Of course, deep inside you will always be you and your personality will always be inside you. Just the other day, in the famous "break room" I spoke of, I wound up sitting next to a woman who I consider a "10," when I look at how she acts, how she dresses and her body type. We have worked at the same company for four years, but I don't really know her because we work in different areas. Well what the heck. Treating her like anyone else I work with, I just took the plunge and started with the smalltalk. Next thing I know, I look down and my hands are shaking! If she saw it, I hope she thinks it was because of the Rockstar I was drinking! :D

The Gambler

jericg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ww. Thank you Gambler! I thought that it would be easy to change to an outgoing guy personality, but hearing it from my psychology class and from you, i guess that might be far from possible. Ive already been shaped the way I am, i cannot morph into something else. But who says an introvert cant get women? When i do get close to a girl(which is rare for me to do) i realize that i am playful with them. I make sexual jokes, and sometimes even make faces to them. I think its funny so i do haha. I just hate awkward girls though. These are the Girls that i either friendzoned or met but never talked to. I dislike passing by them, i dont know what to do. I feel the need to say hi or something.
Im sorry about my typing xD its just that I cant seem to naturally my thoughts lol. In my social circle, I thing i am a leading introvert. The guys seem to look up to me for ideas, or i just start random things sometimes. And about the SMALL TALK, I assume an example would be complimenting something they have then a convo from there. Is that good? And about the signals, i have zero skills at that. I quickly turn away when i get eye contacts. FFUUUH I just realized thats another aspect! Argh! Im such an introvert! And congrats for having a wifee!

AlexLefty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I didn't read it but the answer is yes

The Gambler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jericg said:
Ww. Thank you Gambler! I thought that it would be easy to change to an outgoing guy personality, but hearing it from my psychology class and from you, i guess that might be far from possible. Ive already been shaped the way I am, i cannot morph into something else. But who says an introvert cant get women? When i do get close to a girl(which is rare for me to do) i realize that i am playful with them. I make sexual jokes, and sometimes even make faces to them. I think its funny so i do haha. I just hate awkward girls though. These are the Girls that i either friendzoned or met but never talked to. I dislike passing by them, i dont know what to do. I feel the need to say hi or something.
Im sorry about my typing xD its just that I cant seem to naturally my thoughts lol. In my social circle, I thing i am a leading introvert. The guys seem to look up to me for ideas, or i just start random things sometimes. And about the SMALL TALK, I assume an example would be complimenting something they have then a convo from there. Is that good? And about the signals, i have zero skills at that. I quickly turn away when i get eye contacts. FFUUUH I just realized thats another aspect! Argh! Im such an introvert! And congrats for having a wifee!
A classic problem with introverts is that our minds work faster than our mouths, so we often blab and stumble with our words.... We tend to say things in a more complicated, detailed manner than necessary -- as a matter of fact, every time I proofread one of my posts here, I usually have to trim it up a bit, LOL.

PLENTY of women love introverts. As you already know, fellow introverts make great friends and great partners! And on top of this, pretty much every other personality type likes an introvert, because we are good listeners (even if we're faking it), and have natural empathy for others. We don't really do anything to make enemies.

You'll be happy to know that I walked past that female "10" introvert today in the hallway, and I couldn't make eye contact. I looked everywhere but her face. The fact that I chatted her up the other day, then acted like this in the hallway today has me feeling like a total douche. But there is a bright side to that story.....

In the corner of my eye, I noticed she was looking everywhere except at ME! :D

jericg

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wtf i trim my replies best ad i can before i post them. Wow, its so weird hearing all these from another person. Its exactly me :eek:. I fake listen all the time and ive never had an enemy straight through childhood.
Ive only met one 10 so far in my life. So about the 10 you passed by, does that mean shes an invert?

The Gambler

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
jericg said:
Wtf i trim my replies best ad i can before i post them. Wow, its so weird hearing all these from another person. Its exactly me :eek:. I fake listen all the time and ive never had an enemy straight through childhood.
Ive only met one 10 so far in my life. So about the 10 you passed by, does that mean shes an invert?
Well yes, she happens to be an introvert, and she acts exactly like you and me, and she is absolutely gorgeous. I learned a long time ago that a "10" to me cannot be an air headed fool -- I don't care how good she looks. Even though I'm not trying to "get her", the fact that these 10s in my book are so rare makes me feel like a scared kid around her. And I KNOW she feels the same way about me because of her actions. In the break room, the two of us will talk to everyone but EACH OTHER! I think the reason it's really awkward is because we both know the other one knows... It's crazy, I tell ya.

The natural laws of selection and attraction are powerful things, because it will always work both ways with the right male and female. Getting back to fashion, looking sharp certainly does not hurt. Within reason, you want to be the best you possibly can (the way you look and carry yourself). When you guys meet your definition of a REAL 10 based on the law of natural selection, be prepared. If you have taken care of yourself, there's a damn good chance she's gonna like everything about you.

BTW, "natural selection" simply means two people that are attracted to each others looks, personality and compatibility. No magic words or games are needed.

Amo

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just to add to this, if you're short on cash, thrift shops are not a bad source of nice clothing. I plan on doing this when I'm back in the US for college.

As long as you dress well, doesn't matter where the clothes are from.

Dr.LASR

Don Juan
Reaction score
amohield said:
Just to add to this, if you're short on cash, thrift shops are not a bad source of nice clothing. I plan on doing this when I'm back in the US for college.

As long as you dress well, doesn't matter where the clothes are from.
VERY true. I bought some hugo boss ties, levi's, and some nice shirts. Ended up getting around 30 things for about 15 bucks.

Dorchester

Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you checked out the AlphaMconsulting youtube videos? He's got good men's fashion on his channel for a more classic image, along with other personal development stuff. Also for thrift store fashion, the TheIceMan289's channel has some decent tips for a hipper look.