Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Failed drug test? not sure how

ShortTimer

Banned
Reaction score
In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of l
I'm hoping there are either some chem experts on here or maybe someone who can point me in the right direction. Recently I applied for a job at a new place where a friend of mine is the assistant mannager. It looked like I had the job, was given tax info to fill out and what not. For some reason I didn't get the job and the creepy part is the 'friend' (whom I've known for 5+ years now) won't return my calls or email.

My friend is rather strong willed so I'm suprised at the lack of contact: I thought I'd at least be told why I didn't get the job. It's been kinda eating at me as to why not and so I tried visiting my friend at work or the manager. Although I'm pretty sure one of them was there the employee who greeted me told me neither were, which is strange to say the least.

Because of all this I can only imagine I either failed their background check or I failed the drug test. I mean I suppose there is another reason my freind is avoiding me but I'd like to explore all possibilities. Anyhow, I see no reason I'd fail the background check seeing as the worst thing they would find is some expired tags a few years back.

Now the drug test worries me because I do take a good amount of suppliments since I now go to the gym twice a day. I had a different friend (who is a nurse at a hospital) look at them as well as have some of his coworkers look and they all agreed that there was nothing to show up weird either. I was maybe hoping for a second opinion.

Here's a list of what I've been taking, everything was purchased at GNC:

GNC multivitman
hydroxycut
amino burst 3000
l-glutamine
creatine monohydrate
HMB
zinc magniesium aspertate
6-oxo
acetabolan 3
protein shakes

So... yeah, as you can all see I'm a caffine and protein junky. I donno, maybe I'm being paranoid but does anyone know (or know where I could find out) if any of this would show up funny on a drug test?

Metaphor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm certain that heightened levels of creatine will show up on a drug test and cause you to fail.

MrFitness880

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I really cant say for sure, but i think you're fine with the drug test.

multi-vit...ok
hydroxycut...ok
amino...ok
glutamine...ok
creatine...not illegal...i know of no reason this shouldnt be ok
zma...ok, and shouldnt raise test levels significantly. not enough to cause problems with a test
protein shakes...ok
acetabolan...the only problem here is you probably wasted your money on a worthless supplement.
6-oxo...dont really think this would be a problem either. most places of work wont test for hormone related drugs to my knowledge. it is an OTC anti-e anyway

i wonder if your friend had to give you a bad review or something like that and feels bad/is embarassed. needless to say i'd want to know what happened too.

i doubt its a drug test

Unbridled_1

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ShortTimer,

The easiest thing for you is to speak to your friend. If not, you can do a background and credit check of yourself on the web, but they charge you money. I mention this, because in this age of identity theft, anything is possible (just to make sure some criminal hasn't stolen your identity). Also, I doubt you failed the drug test from those supplements, because most professional athletes take that stuff and if they don't have inaccuracies.

Cheiradawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The whole post is all "if"'s, "but"'s and "I thought"'s. There could be a number of reason why you didn't get the job. The first thing you should do is find out what the status of the application is before you strat guessing why you didn't get the job.

ShortTimer

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Unbridled_1
The easiest thing for you is to speak to your friend. .
If my "friend" would return my calls or my emails that would work great. It's kinda weird since I've known this person for 5+ years now and they approached me for the job.

Talking to the manager would work too, but again IF I could get a hold of them; which I can't seem to. It's like they think I've contracted leporacy or something. lol

Metaphor

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
People use creatine, vitamin B, etc, in an attempt to regulate their system after flushing with mass amounts of water. If you have abnormally high levels of creatinine it may be an indication that you were trying to fool the test.

ShortTimer

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Metaphor
People use creatine, vitamin B, etc, in an attempt to regulate their system after flushing with mass amounts of water. If you have abnormally high levels of creatinine it may be an indication that you were trying to fool the test.
I didn't even know that could fool a test. What would the test "see" that was incorrect if it were fooled?

bangoker

Don Juan
Reaction score
maybe there just was another guy that was better qualified for the job?

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
is there ephedrine (sp?) in your Hydroxycut?

Ephedrine will show as amfetamin during a normal piss test. Thats what happened to me when i was in the army.

ShortTimer

Banned
Reaction score
Originally posted by Centaurion
is there ephedrine (sp?) in your Hydroxycut?

Ephedrine will show as amfetamin during a normal piss test. Thats what happened to me when i was in the army.
Do you mean "Ephedra"? If so then no, it does not have ephedra, it says so right on the front of the bottle. Also, looking at the ingredients list there is no "ephedrine" either.

Aycee

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do you have the latest Hydroxy, with Guarana Root, Green Tea, and Synephrine?

bangoker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ohiofutballa
maybe it was the poppy seed bagel....:p

lol....although it is true!!!

they proved it in Myth Busters!!