Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Facebook, Myspace, IM = DEATH!!!!!

Wilko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Aye, Captain. Deactivated my Facebook last week, never maintained it, haven't missed it, was more of a liability than anything for me. To be free of those pointless status updates, it's liberating.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1 Bad Dude said:
Tips are primarily for AFCs anyway. People who know what they're doing can use whatever tool they know how to effectively use.
And I've said it many times before. If you're good with women, have an exciting social life with plenty of pictures to prove it, then facebook can showcase your great life to the world and maybe you can meet some females and not come off as a no life nerd.

If you're an average afc or guy with little experience with women and no social life then facebook is going to do more harm than good.

bluenorther

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I finally created a FB page because of all the requests I get.
I used it at first like everyone does-- to stalk exes! I could only find my last one. It was easy, she's the only one with her name on there. There's hundreds with my name.
Anyway, I figure if I can find hers, she and her 43 friends can find me. Most of them are women, most of whom I know.
Hm, 43 friends? I can't say I have half that many. Plus, hers are people she can count on to ALL be at her Holiday Party.
I had to act, and line up a bunch of friends and pseudo-friends, and clients, to create an awesome life... out of nothing! I also had to snag "friends" who might be close to my ex, but not on her list yet. NOBODY can be on both of our Friends lists.
There's more! If you find interesting news articles, you can post them to your page, too. So, that's what I do. My "Friends" news items show up, also.
*It requires a little caution-- I realized, if I have clients looking at my page, there'd better not be anything provocative on it.
I was tempted to post a crude quote aimed at my last ex.*

Presto! Instant Social Value!

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:
And I've said it many times before. If you're good with women, have an exciting social life with plenty of pictures to prove it, then facebook can showcase your great life to the world and maybe you can meet some females and not come off as a no life nerd.

If you're an average afc or guy with little experience with women and no social life then facebook is going to do more harm than good.
Precisely, if you're bad with women, hiding on facebook isn't going to help. If you can get women then you already don't need facebook.

Also there are a lot of threads on POF threads and how women get like 10 messages in 5 minutes etc. etc...Do you know what the difference from facebook is? None. Seeing the facebooks of my sister, cousin and some friends who show me their inbox... Well let's just say they have so many plates spinning it'd make your head explode. If you're trying to woo a girl over facebook you are fighting and competing against all her other virtual applicants.

One example: one friend of mine was in a relationship with a dude, inboxing with some other guy she was fvcking and leading on three AFC's. You won't win unless your game is tight. And if its tight you know you don't need facebook.

xdreamz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
this thread has motivated me to get an HB10 off facebook.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ArcBound said:
One example: one friend of mine was in a relationship with a dude, inboxing with some other guy she was fvcking and leading on three AFC's. You won't win unless your game is tight. And if its tight you know you don't need facebook.
But most of these brothers going on facebook don't have a tight game in fact they have no game at all!

If you don't have the balls to approach a random woman in the street you shouldn't have a damn facebook page. Guys get on the internet as an excuse to not go out on the streets and sarge. The guys that come here and ask for online advice have never gone out and sarged and couldn't do it if their life depended on it! They got no balls! that's why they hide behind a facebook profile and text messages!

Spartan301

Don Juan
Reaction score
f283000 said:

yes, I'll risk being the minority, but once again, I have to disagree.

If all you're doing is posting pics of you with women over and over again on facebook, the only thing that you are projecting is that:

1) you're a typical immature party goer
2) all you do is go out, go out, go out
3) you don't have a life outside the clubs

do you think women really CARE about the pictures of you holding onto other women? Don't you think they would be more interested in your other adventures of life?

As an experiment, I actually looked back at all my picture comments, to see what women have written, if anything.

some of my most commented pics are:
-me in a picture with a bunch of my younger friends i've seen grow up
-a throwback picture from '03 and how different we all look.
-an april fools picture where my matress was stuck on the ceiling
-okay, ONE party group photo with a woman in my arm.

Point being, no one gives a **** about the dozens of party/club/social pics I've been tagged in. In a world like facebook, that's as ordinary and common as not having any pics at all. What really gets people's attention are things out of the ordinary.

Take my words with a grain of salt, my friends. I've just seen a lot of guys make 'fake' personas with their facebooks, being in the arms of women they don't even know and sneaking a picture in.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Spartan301 said:
If all you're doing is posting pics of you with women over and over again on facebook, the only thing that you are projecting is that:

1) you're a typical immature party goer
2) all you do is go out, go out, go out
3) you don't have a life outside the clubs
Your post somehow makes the wrong assumption that women are actually mature enough to judge you on your immaturity. You look at their profile and you will see the same sh*T as most guy's profile. Just a bunch of pictures with their "bff's" out partying and whatever.

I understand where you're coming from but the type of women that belong in the category that you are talking about are few.

Modern women now a days only care about having fun, style, status. This is shown by facebook.

If you ask out a girl that has a profile full of pictures showing her as a socialite with an active life, and you got nothing to show in yours then in her mind she will see herself of higher value. You never want to give a woman the impression she is of higher value than you/you never want to make them feel they are the prize.

do you think women really CARE about the pictures of you holding onto other women? Don't you think they would be more interested in your other adventures of life?
Go back and re-read my posts up top where it clearly says facebook is good if you have pictures of yourself with women + you doing activities.

todays_news

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm at university so facebook is a focal point of my social life.

But am I online all the time? Am i fvck.

Do I set those gay statuses to tell everyone where I am and what I'm doing? Do I fvck.

However, this girl has just split up with her boyfriend. Im back to university in a month, so the wounds would have started to heal up. She's set her status winging about how guys are all the same, she wants a nice guy bla bla bla.

Which tells me three things:

1: In a month when she's out of her glass case of emotion she's going to want to piss her ex boyfriend off and forget about him.

2: The guys recently have been *******s to her. So I can relate her taste in men are no doubt: funny, confident, quick witted, piss-takers that will never give her a break. Excellent.

3: This girl does not do niceguys.

But other than that being at a glance. Facebook has never and please god will never help me pickup girls. Even using dating sites seems creepy to me.

f283000

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
todays_news said:
She's set her status winging about how guys are all the same, she wants a nice guy bla bla bla.
woman-ese translation = she will be back dating some a**hole that will treat her like sh*t sooner or later.

This is classic woman-ese. They complain about wanting "a nice guy" and how they been hurt by men all their lives and sooner or later you will see them with a total a**hole just like every guy she has ever dated. Drama for a lot of women is like a drug they can't get enough of it and they need a guy that will give them plenty of drama.

Women don't know what they want. Only a few will openly admit to liking jerks/bad boys and the rest will only just get your hopes up but will still date an a**hole.

If I were you I would stay away from such a girl.

supernaut767

Reaction score
I'm not a massive Facebook maven but the attitude and information in this post is dated and incomplete. I agree with Spartan301. I've screwed a couple of girls off Facebook game, even if my profile page is untended and average. For guys who really know how to work this medium it can reap rewards.

Sure if you've got this attitude where you fall to the ground in tearful beatitude every time a girl gives you her facebook id, you have issues. You need to be also boldy going for numbers, kiss closes, pulls and insta-dates. Some foreign chicks only have facebook id's; other girls are on the cusp and need more convincing. Don't agonise over it. Get it, add them to your circle, let them see your tremendous value demo facebook page which will flesh you out some more for her. Work it. If they are time wasters cut em loose. Nuff said.

-=LoneWulf1993=-

Reaction score
I only use facebook now for networking and uploading music. I create music and am working on getting into the music industry be it producing music for video games/films, hip hop/rnb or by playing sax. I have a fair amount of friends on facebook and would say I am decently popular at my school.

In short, facebook is Only a means of broadcasting my music to my friends.

Packers2010

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
imarockstar said:
i have facebook, thats it. i NEVER ask girls out or hit on girls through it though. facebook is a very powerful weapon in creating/exuding your 'social proof'. the crowds i hang out with is equally men and women. the girls always have their cameras with them. whether we are at a bar, a concert, or just at a friends house, its showing that i have a social life and that people like being around me. since girls are total AFCs, this gives women ive never met the opportunity to send me a friend request, usually followed by an inbox message from said woman. i never send friend requests or messages to random girls, it repulses me. id rather meet these chicks out and about. the downfall is facebook chat, it shows when you are online. im sure you can turn it off, but im usually so busy that its not an issue. im a mystery because im not a lazy piece of sh*t. im working, doing schoolwork, at the gym, or out with friends.

ditch your IM's etc... facebook is a pretty good tool for meeting women, but in this case you should let the women approach you. real men approach women in the real world.
this is so true. if your not talking to a girl directly then your not there. so their is mystery there. when your talking on IM you are there. so

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
posting back in this thread after a while.... at a party this girl kissed me and we exchanged numbers. Then she adds me on facebook and a week later writes on my wall she wants to 'hang out' and sends me flirty messages. All the while on her facebook page it shows she is in a relationship with another guy and her profile picture is of her and him and the caption reads "i love you no matter what"

for all i know she could be leading me on but to even kiss me and then go on flirting privately with someone outside her relationship...
facebook is just for attention for both men and women whether you admit it or not. deny her that attention and if your game is tight maybe you can pull her out of the virtual world. try to find a girl who doesn't use facebook or myspace....

Blurry

Don Juan
Reaction score
This is one of the reasons why I dont have a facebook. I like to be able to keep complete distance from anybody I meet, even my friends.

cassanova35

Don Juan
Reaction score
i know and herd of so many people meeting from facebook, adding all these hot women and meeting up with them, but i cease to beleive that one bit.

I mean add a few yeah ok, but come on no women is going to meet you straight away off facebook now women are not that desperate, they control themselves more then us men do. But hey if you do then good luck but stay safe.

Alchemystic

Banned
Reaction score
Cellphone, IM, Myspace, Friendster, Facebook and any other long distance communication devices our now being employed by women as a tool for increase emotional investment and as a barrier for physical intimacy.

Hey my reply should be in another post.

Dogs get to f**k and they do not even know any hypnotic line.

AlexLefty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i know this is an old post but..
I agree with you on all that and the mystery, and I myself actually do try to keep things like facebook strictly for my friends (as I have read this article before lol) but a new idea just popped into my head.

Have you ever considered the reverse affect of adding a girl. Adding her will put you in her mind a lot more than if you didn't add her. Every time she logs on, weather you're on or not, she'll be reminded of your presence, basking in your glory, making her want you even more. She sees you, she's thinking about you, now she wants to MEET you. It's kind of a way of saying, "yo, don't forget about me, you can't get me out of your head" without ACTUALLY saying that to her. Although I think your mystery statement and the statement I just posted are BOTH true, I still do agree that not adding is better overall. Not adding just out weighs the good effects of adding.

What do you think?

tony-montana

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
agree and disagree. you can still keep the mystery and do even better using facebook. when women see that i type in a status once a week or so, add photos from the weekend, like some shots of where i was out in the city or whatever, they see i was out and have a life. they comment on the status, photos, other women see those women commenting and there's my social proof. it shows people that you arent a loser. i dont use facebook chat much either. maybe for 5 minutes i jump on and say hi to someone then im gone. of course if you're gonna sit on facebook all day and status update everything you do, then you're gonna look like a loser. i don't even like using facebook that much. i just observe and read everyone elses bullcrap and stay on the sidelines. pop in every once or twice a week to say something and im gone again for the rest of the week.

if you know how to use facebook it could even help you with your women. the girl im seeing now will look at my status/photos and see that im out with other people. can't get any better than that?