Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

F1 U.S Grand Prix

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Somewhere between the cities of Lost and Found
Is anyone watching the U.S Grand Prix. Im a huge fan and this is sad. I can some what see their views on things, but I can't believe the teams would put the drivers into that position to have to park their cars.

Any thoughts from anyone else that are Formula One fans...?

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The fault lies with the FIA for having a farce of a race.

The hidden reasons behind it are the power struggles between the teams wanting to split and the FIA.

No doubt the Yanks will stick to just going around and around and around, and that's more exciting than a 6 car GP!

Last edited:

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course its more exciting than a 6 car GP. And you know (just like the annoucners said) Nascar fans are going to be laughing their a$$es off....rightfully so.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I still reckon Bernie should have got his Missus to do a strip. That would have been much more entertaining.

7 Virtues

Don Juan
Reaction score
I pretty sure that it is the killing blow to F1 in the USA.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The US doesn't understand good racing. Hence the reason we have no rallies, very little formula 1, very little GT/GP.

Maybe if we weren't such hicks who only liked to get drunk and watch cars go around in circles we'd get better races. :mad:

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I pretty sure that it is the killing blow to F1 in the USA.
No doubt. It's really a shame. David Coultard was on his team radio begging his team to let him race. I doubt F1 will be back to INDY.

Don't get me wrong I LOVE Nascar. Driving in a circle is a lot harder than you think. Especially when you have to take into effect shock packages, dampers, wedge, and of course track tempatures...

Nevertheless, I'm a big fan of F1, ALMS (American LeMans Series) I find it funny that a lot of guys in the 24 heurs of LeMans had on Michelin tires...:p

Oh yeah....go ALONSO :rockon:

Pfeile

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's all Michelin's fault. How can they bring an unsafe tyre? They've been to Indy before and they know what they have to do!

Then the situation was made worse by the FIA refusing to installl that chicane. It wouldn't have been that hard.

They should have run the race with all 20 cars and all the Michelin teams would not have scored any points. Just for the sake of the fans who paid to get in. It was so funny listening to all those American hicks whinging to ITV lol. :p But you can't blame them, I'd be annoyed too if I were there.

At least one good thing came out of this: Jordan and Minardi scored points! And how cool was Tiago Monteiro. He was stoked. As he said in the press conference "I finished third and no one can take that away from me." Good on him. :cheer: That was the first and (probably will be) the last podium he gets so he was right to enjoy it, unlike the Ferrari drivers. As Schumacher said, one shallow victory out of 84 is nothing. lol :rolleyes:

TACH

Don Juan
Reaction score
Vincent, North America has rally, North American Rally Cup(NARC).
There are other racing venues that don't include cars going in circles, they unfortunately aren't shown much on t.v. Especially when its NASCAR season.

There's also plenty of SCCA events, and American Le Mans to name a few.

Vincent

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TACH
Vincent, North America has rally, North American Rally Cup(NARC).
There are other racing venues that don't include cars going in circles, they unfortunately aren't shown much on t.v. Especially when its NASCAR season.

There's also plenty of SCCA events, and American Le Mans to name a few.
I know, but the good racing is rare and few in america.

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know, but the good racing is rare and few in america.
Nascar is pretty good. Oh and don't you forget the IRL :rockon:

TACH

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sort of off topic, but does anyone attend track days and hot lap, also known as time trials? In about 3 months or so I'm going to start setting my car up to SCCA specs so I can go attend some track days at a few places.

InsidiousNstinct

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I live about 5 miles from bristol motor speedway but im sure thats not helping you:p