F***ed up

The Nice Guy is Gone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, I went to the bar again last night, to watch the postgame show. Then this hb came up to the bar, ordered her drink and went off somewhere, and then she came back a short time later and sat down. Before she left the first time, here's what happened:

me: How are you doing tonight?
hb: I'm doing okay, how about you.
me: Good
**She gets her drink and leaves

When she comes back:

me: Back so soon?
hb: Well, my friends gf is over there and she gets really jealous
me: So you decided you wanted to talk to me, huh?
hb: laughs
me: So did you watch the game?
hb: Some of it, I was working.
A regular at this place comes up and starts talking to us for about 3 min, then leaves

me: So, you know we won, though, right?
hb: Yeah, it was kind of hard to miss (or something along those lines)
there was a pause here, because I'm not quick on my feet yet.
another of her friends comes and starts talking to her, and she stays.

me: They're all leaving you, why?
hb: Well, I want to play pool, but I only play on the big tables, and my friends aren't here yet, so I have no one to play with me (This is the first part where I screwed it up)

There was a longer pause than the first, because I chickened out trying to make some kind of c/f remark with that line.

The friends she's waiting on finally get there, they get the pool balls, and she gets off the bar stool, in my direction, says it was nice meeting you, and I say--you too.

This wasn't the whole convo, but I can't remember all of it. All I know is that I should've and could've number closed her, but chickened out just because her friends were there. She says she's there all the time, so maybe I'll run into her quickly and get her number next time.

Any help with that one remark about the pool playing?

Modro

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
i take it your the bar tender?

if not challange her to a game, also u need to ask more questions about her like name, what do u do for a living to get a flow going this should help pauses/awkward moments.

The Nice Guy is Gone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Modro
i take it your the bar tender?

if not challange her to a game, also u need to ask more questions about her like name, what do u do for a living to get a flow going this should help pauses/awkward moments.
I actually did get her name--I just forgot to put that here. And same with the work--but I forgot to put that here too. I was considering not even posting this at all, and no, I'm not the bartender.

She just happened to walk up next to me to order her drink--I was sitting on a stool.

seloco

Don Juan
Reaction score
dude you should have been like, well im pretty good at pool, youed probably kick my butt though" wat ever she says it will be good, because your complmenting her... just make your move into playing the game.... theres just the probablm about personall space... your playing pool.. if your good youll make sure you touch her alot.. like on the arm..etc.. but to break past that barrier.. tell her that hey you got an eye buger. close your eyes abd ill get it... this makes you go right under her radar and bam your in.. if she just let you wipe away a sick eye buger then your set. lol hope that helps

Dave111

Don Juan
Reaction score
And.....

What exactly is an Eye Buger? explain to the dumb one please!

The Nice Guy is Gone

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: And.....

Originally posted by Dave111
What exactly is an Eye Buger? explain to the dumb one please!
"Eye booger"--it's where sleep crust stays in your eye b/c you didn't wash your face that morning, or because you just woke up from a nap--you get the idea.

OneArmDeeJay

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey brotha you did good.

You did the best you could do in that moment and you learned from it.

And really that’s all that matters.

You got to stop thinking "All man I fuked up" because you'll eventually get to a curtain state where your always thinking of cool lines to say and what not instead of living that moment.

And whatever you say want come off like its from you even though it might be. It will just seem like your not really there.

Could you have done better?

Sure but that’s life.

Again you did well and thinking of what could have been better is too but over analyzing it does more harm then good.

Next time try to act more on gut feeling and impulse.

You want the number then just do it.

Have in mind right now of how you number close and practice so it becomes second nature that way when you see a hot chick you really like or w/e it won't be so hard or any awkward silences.