F*ckit still stuck...

arutha

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Just can't find the right moment to kiss the girl I'm trying to get close to, or how to...:(

Trying for a bit more physical contact first, to get more comfortable around each other and all that.. We make light physical contact, normal casual stuff I suppose... She said she was cold the other day so I tried putting my arm around her to warm her, but I don't think I did it too well.. She didn't really seem to like it a lot, when sitting together or walking our shoulders and arms often rub together and that seems comfortable. Often we make eye contact and smile, she laughs a lot, thinks I'm really funny...

Just seems a bit slow. Saw her yesterday, and today, and will do tomorrow night. I know, too much, don't start with that it won't last long. So anyway, specific examples of how to advance it would be nice... We'll be sitting together talking for a while then going to a movie thing I think, if that helps.

Thanks for any replies..

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounds like you're not pushing the 'attraction' button. I think you're beating the hell out of the 'friendship' button.

Don't spend so much time with her. Give her a chance to wonder what you're doing and who you are with. Make her miss you.
When you do see her, tease the crap out of her, have fun.

You need to back off a bit and relax. Make it come after you a little, but don't let the line go slack.

Space=Attraction. <--- get it?

arutha

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
It sounds like you're not pushing the 'attraction' button. I think you're beating the hell out of the 'friendship' button
Damn that would be a very bad thing... How can I change that?

Its only this week that I'm seeing her often, we have work to do and stuff like that which gets turned into going out. Only saw her once a week before this one, and won't see her much next week and the week after.

When you do see her, tease the crap out of her
Oh yes, I do that. Quite a lot actually. Always gets a laugh. And by quite a lot I really do mean a helluva a lot, one of the things I learned from this site which I couldn't imagine myself doing a year ago. lol.

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Damn that would be a very bad thing... How can I change that?

Maybe it's the way you're carrying yourself. Are you doing the things a friendly big brother type of guy would do, or are you being the '****y bad boy' who gets her motor running simply by chatting with her?

There are a few girls that i work with (yes, married) that admitted to getting excited by simply talking to me. No, I'm not making that up.

blinkwatt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
biker_gixxer what would you say you do to get them most excited in the conversations?

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't do anything in particular, it's the way I carry myself that makes the difference. It's that 'underlying' communication between me and any girl I'm talking to that makes the difference.

I just received your PM, I'll talk to you there...

arutha

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
DAmnit I'm soo pissed off with myself, gotta vent some steam... It went well, we had fun, her leg was againt mine when we sat together, but then when I dropped her home I didn't have the courage to do anything...:mad: We looked into each others eyes, she had a huge smile, I should have kissed her but I have no ****ing idea why I couldn't...:(

Won't see her until next week now.. Is that a really baad thing? Will she think I don't really like her or something? It kinda felt liike it shoulda happened but goddamnit I didn't. :(

biker_gixxer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You got cold feet huh. Ha-ha, that's funny. I laugh because I've been there before.

Based on what you told me, it sounds like she was ready for you to do something, and you totally dropped the ball. Tsk..tsk.

It looks like fear got in your way. You were afraid that she may react in a negavtive way so played it safe and did nothing and now you're kicking yourself in the ass. Girls don't like guys that play it safe. They want a man that take risks and go after what they want.

Butch up next time bro...

Nightspark

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by arutha
DAmnit I'm soo pissed off with myself, gotta vent some steam... It went well, we had fun, her leg was againt mine when we sat together, but then when I dropped her home I didn't have the courage to do anything...:mad: We looked into each others eyes, she had a huge smile, I should have kissed her but I have no ****ing idea why I couldn't...:(

Won't see her until next week now.. Is that a really baad thing? Will she think I don't really like her or something? It kinda felt liike it shoulda happened but goddamnit I didn't. :(
What you wrote here my friend is what happened to me exactly a year ago... i couldnt pull myself either to kiss her... and i figured out the reason why and it has to do with what biker_gixxer said about the way you carry yourself...

NOW Arutha! Do yourself a favor and drive this concept into your mind...

THERE'S NEVER A PERFECT TIME... JUST FCUKING GO FOR IT!

Also i want you stop analysing when the perfect time is....! OH YES and i bet when you dropped her off and she was smiling back you had butterflies floating around in your stomach, and your mind just went into shut down mode...

you know why?! it has to do with what you have been "dreaming" up about how you should kiss her!

Just can't find the right moment to kiss the girl I'm trying to get close to, or how to...

i said that to myself when i ddnt kiss that girl a year ago and it was because i was over analysing everything about her and the situation in which i should kiss her...

i then read an article here (i forgot who made it or the title was) but it also threw a powerful message to me as well.

YOU MUST HEED YOUR INSTINCTS!

INSTINCTS are powerful! They can tell you things that no ammount of analysation could and ever will! It is the gut feeling that says to you!

"YES! This is right... I'm going to do this NOW!!!"

and then you ACT!

You wouldve felt those instincts tell you to go and kiss the girl that time when you dropped her off @ her house! The fact that you analysed what you THINK you should do to set things up for the "Perfect" moment FCUKED U up so sideways it wasnt funny!

Trying for a bit more physical contact first, to get more comfortable around each other and all that.. We make light physical contact, normal casual stuff I suppose...

that sentence up there! SEe that one... I want you to read it and tell me what's wrong with what you did!?

Better yet how about i tell you!

YOU WERE TRYING FOR A BIT MORE PHYSICAL CONTACT!? Dont try, just do it as it comes naturally! And yes even this whole post you are Analysing what you two are doing!

The biggest flaw in this website i think is that it teaches people METHODOLOGY out of a book which people are intepreting it too literally! In the end, they become the analytical robots in which they get the cold-feet syndrome and then they beat themselves up about it! This brings me to my point about biker_gixxer! Dude im sure you dont analyse yourself or the girls when you talk to them, date them, etc. When you learn to shut that little nagging analysing bit of your fcuking brain and start heeding the instincts, (in this context - By this i mean that when you're trying to analyse something as natural as a relationship with formulas and what not, you will **** up because you yourself know that women and anyone for that matter are unpredictable and there's an infinte number of possibilities of reactions to certain events) you will have a better chance of not getting the cold-feet.

Bottom line is Arthus...

Don't think... Just feel with that primitive part of the mind! And just go for it man!

It's better to do it and have an unfortunant event happen rather than to never do it and regret it never happening.

Godspeed
-Nightspark

arutha

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for that. I wouldn't have put her off by not doing it though? I know I'm still analyzing but its so hard not to...

So anyways, next time I see her I should just go for it after the initial greeting?