Eye Contact Rules

donjuan87

Don Juan
Reaction score
When I'm walking in the mall, not smiling, not frowning, just looking normal, I have trouble smiling when making eye contact with a hot girl. It just seems so, how do I say it, insincere. Can anyone help?

Whenever my friends introduce me to their girlfriends (so the girl knows I must be a good guy), I have no problem flirting with them if I want to, and if I do they usually start to ignore their boyfriend and flirt with me! :D It's just so easy! My problem is cold approaches, and making eye contact with a girl I don't know.

Last edited:

Fa Zhou

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pretend she's an old friend that you haven't seen in a while?

five_star

Reaction score
You've got to get your mindset to the point that YOU are the most important person in a space. Then EC will feel fine. Work on your inner game, read some of the stuff the_shezzler has put on this board. He talks a lot of sense... for a Yorkshireman.

And don't glare at a girl, like you're in some sort of stare-out contest. A friendly glance, a smile... she smiles back, you're dead on to lay an opener.

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by bbestar
it is actually according to general widsom
yes it is, but because of the fact that it also presents openness and friendliness, which equates to approachable.

But anyway your problem is you dont have the confidence to hold EC and smile at the same time. its perfectly normal to be anxious about rejection with cold approaches.

Just do it more often and should be no problem

PRMoon

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Even though "conventional wisdom" dictates that smiling is a sign of weakness, you shouldn't let that stop you from doing it. A "sign" does not equal weakness in itself, as misdirection is a quality of any good shadow warrior.

Regardless, seeing as none of us are about do do contact with any the people we encounter, smiling and openess might actually get you girls:eek: ... perish the thought! When I meet/or see girls and we lock eyes I can tell in an instant how intimidated they are or in some cases their lack of intimidation. In anyevent, you want them to see that situations like this (encountering girls) are no big deal for you and you're comfortable with the situation. For some of us this comes natrually. Like myself for example, I'm comfortabe meeting anyone be it a male or a female. I'll shoot a quick smile and engage in conversation with the masses in a heart beat. Some times you come across as arrogant doing such but thats significantly better then nervous and afraid because you've got some control behind you.

Smiling shouldn't be a chore, it should be a reflex forged into a tool. Using it properly takes practice, but using it inncorrectly can hurt your game just as much as it could hurt. Take time practice and learn.

Sapiens

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by PUA_intraing
I dont smile because it shows weakness, lift an eyebrow instead and squint just a tad
Rolling on floor laughing AZZ off!!! <HB calling 911>
:crackup:

-Sapiens

Sp1kez

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't have a problem making eye contact when im just walking by but I do have a problem smiling back when a girl I make eye contact with smiles.....I usually just keep walking......I cant fake a smile!:confused:

DJ4Real

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Being friendly means exactly what it says, to be friendly. I smile, so I'm weak? I don't think so.

Whoever told you that smiling is a sign of weakness needs to be shot. Smiling TOO MUCH, might be a sign of weakness though.

One thing you'd better learn is that it's not the smiling part that displays the "weak"....the part that displays weakness is when you break eye contact before she does.

The rule is, when you engage in eye contact, the woman should break the eye contact first.

Prof

Don Juan
Reaction score
Smiling is not a sign of weakness. Being ineffective, unproven, or dishonest is a sign of weakness. Besides, who wants to talk to some guy with an ugly mug on his face? This whole 'smiling is bad' crap needs to stop.

JaguarMike

Don Juan
Reaction score
Think of it from a girl's subconscious perspective... if you can't look her in the eye and smile back, with some kino... HOW IN THE HECK ARE YOU GOING TO UNDRESS HER AND RAIL IT ALL NIGHT TELLING HER TO SCREAM YOUR NAME. Very simple here...