Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Expanding my social circle

Silverant

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm not an unpopular guy at school, but I want to become better friends with a lot of people, especially those who party. I'm hesitant, though, at approaching like circles of friends after school and just talking to them as if I was best friends with them. Wouldn't that be awkward? I'm pretty funny and smart and no one really dislikes me, but how do i get to the point where I'm hanging out with them on Saturday night?

With the "nerds" or w/e, going up to them and talking isn't as hard, however i feel they are more accepting, and saying something stupid or awkward isn't as cared about.

Thanks.
Silverant

rockman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well if you want to go to some parties, all you have to do is become good friends with at least one of the "party people" and that'll get you invited

clix

Don Juan
Reaction score
best way to get people to invite you to parties? throw one yourself. a bit hard to do but if you manage to pull off a good on, you're set.

zubs

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'd like to hear some better answers from the community, I've been looking for this kind of advice as well.

I'm cool with the "party" people, but i never get invited.

to the guys who party every night: when do you ask your friends about them and how do you ask them?

i could just text them anytime, just dont know what to ask them without seeming like a hanger-on.

HTownLunatic

Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't really have to BE invited to parties. All you really need to do is know the people at the party and have a close friend/group to go with you.

It's not that hard. You're just overthinking it.

Silverant

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok. I'll try to find out about parties, but how do I get them to invite me, like regularly? Even just to hang out.

BTW I'm going sarging for my first time at the mall tommorow. I'm optimistic:cool:

Last edited:

rockman

Don Juan
Reaction score
you dont necessarily have to be INVITED to a party; most of the parties at my school are pretty open, so as long as you have a friend thats going, its perfectly ok for you to ask, "hey you going to blahblah's party on saturday?"

Tookie

Don Juan
Reaction score
lol at my high school i crashed all the parties, I had people tell me before that it wasn't a party till me and my friends crashed it.

zubs

Don Juan
Reaction score
Silverant, I dont think people will just invite you unless if you become the goto guy for parties (i.e. booze, drugs, chicks).

from my experience this past year, if you dont have a group of friends that parties (and invites you), you will need to find friends that do. how do you guys ask what parties are going on without seeming desperate?

Silverant

Don Juan
Reaction score
zubs said:
Silverant, I dont think people will just invite you unless if you become the goto guy for parties (i.e. booze, drugs, chicks).

Lol...okay so maybe I can start buying and selling lots of weed. I remember last year i went to a guy's house parties a few times cuz I had smoked him out and provided him with some.

zubs said:
from my experience this past year, if you dont have a group of friends that parties (and invites you), you will need to find friends that do. how do you guys ask what parties are going on without seeming desperate?
How do you "find" friends? There aren't too many people at my school that party, so how do I become friends with those that do? Again, I'm on good terms with all of them (say "what's up" and all that). Should I just start talking with them in the hallways more often? what if they're talking with their friends though?

Thanks,
Silverant

Silverant

Don Juan
Reaction score
They're cool, but when we hang out it's only among ourselves. Not a whole lot of meeting new people or even people from other schools.

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
God dammit am I the only one here who lives in a place where probably less than half of parties are invite only? There's always questions like this. Unless its specifically 'invite only' feel free to go there with a couple cool mates (or chicks if you can pull it off) and some booze.

Parties are a great way to meet new people and expand your friendship circle. Others include sport, hobbies, clubs etc. Even just at school, strengthen ties with people in your class. Ask them what they are up to on the weekend, invite em out with ya mates, or ask if you can tag along.

When your at a party introduce yourself to people you don't know. Talk to them once and you've made someone who you can talk to at any party, twice and they are an aquaintace, three times and they are a friend. If you see someone you know in a circle go up and start talking to them and they might introduce you to the other people, if they don't do it yourself.

Only took me like 3 parties to become a regular.

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
'Whats on this weekend?'

'Any parties on this weekend?'

'What you up to on the weekend?'

Silverant

Don Juan
Reaction score
So if I actually went up to them and started talking to them, would that be a bad thing? Would they think of me as desperate?

SinJester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No, its just being social lol. Stop caring what people think about you and just have fun. Why would they think you are desperate if your just going up and talking to them? Just chill, relax and enjoy other people compant.

ecilop

Don Juan
Reaction score
Silverant said:
So if I actually went up to them and started talking to them, would that be a bad thing? Would they think of me as desperate?
naw dude not at all. as long as you have something to talk about and keep it social & friendly you're all good.
it WILL be awkward though if you go up to a large group and just stand around, or have nothing to talk about or contribute to the conversation