Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Exercising daily: What's your motivation?

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 6-heads lewis
Confidence is the refusal to second-guess yourself
Espi said:
That's a good definition. :up:

Sounds more like pig-headedness to me. Second guessing saves a lot of mistakes. It's repeated second guessing that's the problem.

If anything i'd say confidence is knowing when fear is justified and being able to judge correctly what your limits are.

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
mrRuckus said:
And none of this matters since you have retracted your "always" claim though I disagree on your numbers. If you didn't mean always or on the border right up to always, why stress it so much with the capitalization? 95% is no where near always.
The human condition is incredibly complex. If two people were of the same genetic makeup, had the exact same environment, treatment, and life experiences, the more attractive one will 'ALWAYS' be happier. Of course, thats impossible. Maybe one day guy 1 reads the Bible while guy 2 reads Schopenhauer, now their lives are forever altered, and the results are deemed invalid.

Perhaps Brad Pitt's brother was clubbed to death the same day as Joe Ugly won the lottery. I wasnt expect this kind of detailed discussion; I'll concede 'ALWAYS' as incorrect.

It does?! What people are you around? The ones i know with good personalities tend to be the average or somewhat below average people because their heads aren't in the clouds and don't expect ass kissing because they happened to be born pretty.
Depend what you mean by 'good' personality. I view it in a selfish sense - good personality means being charming, likable (if only to the opposite sex), commanding, confident and being well-respected by your peers.

Although the consensus is that less attractive people are more humanistic and kind, I don't find that consistently. Most ugly people I know are bitter, socially aloof or unfriendly and have inferiority complexes. They tend to get angry faster and try and exert authority in 'safe' situations (to a waitress/saleslady, road rage, etc.) because its their only chance to feel empowered.

Since when does confidence stem from looks alone? Confidence is just thinking/knowing "I'm sure I can handle whatever comes along." The good looking guy seems to be the one deluded if he derives his confidence from his good looks alone.
Sexual acceptance/rejection is the primary basis of personal character, life experiences aside.

I think it was Freud that said sex is the deep-rooted motivation behind all of our actions. Few things (if any) feel better than sexual acceptance, few things feel worse than rejection. Ive also read the sexual frustration is the leading cause of male violence.

Anyways what im getting at is that a male continuously rejected has no logical reason to be confident as an overall being, since he is failing at his primary reason for existing (reproduction). Failure with the opposite sex is more psychologically damaging than intelligence or money is empowering.

I dont make these comments with a smile on my face, I assure you.

I'm smarter, better looking, better with women, bigger, better at sports, and have more friends and yet he has more confidence than i do. This is probably because my personality leans towards being a realist so i expect to fail a lot. This isn't to say i lack confidence; i just realize i'm human and fall on my face a lot and can't delude myself into thinking i'm the sh1t. Not sure of the point of this paragraph :p
I understand that completely. Cynics and realists rarely lack the careless confidence of jocks, many of them become neurotic and overly self-conscious. They also may lack self-esteem, and rightfully so. Billions of people have came and went, and honestly, your life is virtually irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. You will probably not alter the world in any way, and even if you did, you do not have the capacity to enjoy your accomplishments after you die. So what is there to be so proud of? Anything you can do, someone else can do better.

Many truly intelligent people view their brains as a curse. Its not unusual for geniuses to end up broke, in jail, institutionalized, or otherwise self-destructive. They are rarely 'confident' because of their brains.

See the movies 'Adaptation' or 'Pi' for a honest look into the tortured mind of a genius.

Sounds more like pig-headedness to me. Second guessing saves a lot of mistakes. It's repeated second guessing that's the problem.

If anything i'd say confidence is knowing when fear is justified and being able to judge correctly what your limits are.
The more important part of my definition was 'aided by positive past experiences under the same circumstances'. If you have plenty of success asking out 7's, then you will be confident in asking out 7's in the future, and wont second-guess yourself (much).

This is my main issue with self-hypnosis and these 'subconscious quick fix' schemes. Yeah you can tell yourself you're the greatest thing on Earth until you ask out 10 girls and all of them reject you. Why would any female reject the greastest man on Earth? Obviously your view is flawed, and you're the only constant.

MuayThai

Banned
Reaction score
You are not what your born with. You are not your colour. You are not what god makes you. You are not your money.

Your not even what you tell yourself what you are.

Your ACTIONS define you, they define everything that ever happens to you. You are what you do plain and simple.

This is what motivates me. Who am I... lazy, fat, unsccuessful, insecure ect. Or am I better? Where does my potential end?

These are the things I tell myself, putting on my running shoes at 8 in the morning.

mrRuckus

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6-heads lewis said:
Anyways what im getting at is that a male continuously rejected has no logical reason to be confident as an overall being, since he is failing at his primary reason for existing (reproduction).
You just reduced the human race to a bunch of fcuk machines. That looks all well and good on paper and some animalistic studies book but we are not simple animals and people don't generally think of themselves as existing to have more of themselves. And we all know what we think is what we are. If i think i'm confident then i am whether you want to sit there and analyze whether i should rightfully be or not. And even if I'm confident for stupid reasons i'm going to be successful with women because of it so according to you i'm going to end up confident anyway because i'm now capable of having sex... and since i'm now successful with women i'm confident for the right reasons apparently. So false confidence led to real confidence per your definition.

Billions of people have came and went, and honestly, your life is virtually irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. You will probably not alter the world in any way, and even if you did, you do not have the capacity to enjoy your accomplishments after you die. So what is there to be so proud of? Anything you can do, someone else can do better.
Who gives a sh1t? I'm infinitely important to me and completely relevant to MY grand scheme of things. I don't have the capacity to do anything after i die which is why i enjoy my achievements now and don't give a damn what happens after my death. I have no idea why you even brought that up. If someone prefers to sit there and wallow in some goth trance thinking "why bother" be my guest. I better myself now to maximize my enjoyment of life now.. not to compare myself with all who have ever existed. "Oh i'll never be the best so why should i bother?" Pfft i'm bothering because at least getting close to my own personal maximal potential makes me happy.

And yea.. that's what the reason for my existing is. To make myself happy until the point of my death.

Many truly intelligent people view their brains as a curse.
Hence the saying "there's a fine line between genius and insanity." There's obviously something drastically different about their brains and it's not only that they're more intelligent... it's that they're kooky.

The rest of what you said looks like pseudo intellectual dribble. Now i'm not insulting you, i'm insulting all that gobbly gook you spewed out

Evan_M

Don Juan
Reaction score
MuayThai said:
You are not what your born with. You are not your colour. You are not what god makes you. You are not your money.

Your not even what you tell yourself what you are.

Your ACTIONS define you, they define everything that ever happens to you. You are what you do plain and simple.

This is what motivates me. Who am I... lazy, fat, unsccuessful, insecure ect. Or am I better? Where does my potential end?

These are the things I tell myself, putting on my running shoes at 8 in the morning.
Probably the shortest post that deserves entry into the DJ Bible.

Nice.