Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Exercises one can do after running a few miles?

Travel memoir21

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Im trying to get back in shape.

What are some good basic exercises to do after running a few miles/ long distances?

Thanks, would appreciate the feedback.

Money & Muscle

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, you can do whatever exercises you want but they are less effective if done next to cardio; that does not mean they are not effective though.

Anyways, barebones I would do Phraks Greyskull LP:

Day 1:
overhead press
Pull ups
Squats

Day 2:
Bench Press
Bent over BB Row
Deadlifts

1704197683329.png

Don't forget to prioritize protein intake. Aim for 1g/lb bodyweight daily.

Obee1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Im trying to get back in shape.

What are some good basic exercises to do after running a few miles/ long distances?

Thanks, would appreciate the feedback.
What do you mean by getting back into shape? What is your objective? Once you define your objective do some introspection and figure out why you got out of shape. If you have access to weights then the LP program that Money & Muscle posted is solid and will suit most men. IMO, if your objective is to lean out and build muscle and strength I would drop the running for now. Running and lifting are antagonistic to one another. I would do a brisk walk or ruck before lifting. If you love running do it on an alternate day and no longer than 15-20 minutes in the upper ranges of heart rate. If you insist on running you will need to up your food and protein intake. But, resistance training and diet are superior to optimal body composition.

If you go with the LP program Money & Muscle suggested DO NOT substitute leg press or leg extensions for squats. Hire a coach or research, study, and practice. Not all coaches and trainers know how or can teach squat though. Short of a medical issue, there are no excuses for not squatting. Squats/ DLs pay dividends by spurring growth in all the other muscles of the body. Also, your arms will grow with the presses, rows, and chin-ups so there is no need for specialized arm exercises at this point. But, if you must, do them after the real work is done.

BackInTheGame78

Reaction score
Saying "getting back in shape" makes it seem like you have no specific goal in mind and without a specific goal I'm not sure how you can expect any advice that would be helpful.

With that being said clarify what your actual goals are if you want useful advice and useful results. At this point you are not likely to get either.

Last edited: