Exercise for those in the middle of nowhere

V-Don

Don Juan
Reaction score
A friend of mine is trying to get more toned.

Problem is.. he lives in the middle of vietnam. There are no vitamin stores near him, no gym and no weight stores. What, should I say to him? I am not a health junky. I am toned, but I have no clue when it comes to natural training, without weights and vitamins. He does have access to a healthy diet. What should he do?

I suggest push ups, pull ups and running. However, I know some experts on here can tell me more.

dirtysanchez

Don Juan
Reaction score
There's plenty of things he can do even if he doesn't have access to weights.
There's a whole pile of bodyweight exercises which he can do in circuit training style (push ups, chin ups, dips, squats, lunges etc. as well as plyometric exercises) plus more challenging ones such as one legged pistol squats, one arm push ups, one arm chin ups etc. which he can aim to do by slow progression. Short sprint training (anywhere from 5m to 100m) and hill sprints would also be a good idea for him.

Chillisauce

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I really hate to promote products, but a book which would really help him out is Ross Enamait's 'Never Gymless'. A couple of people at my boxing gym swear by his stuff and they're bodies are as toned as you can get.