Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ex wants $$

Leykis

Don Juan
Reaction score
So I dated this chick for about 2 and a half months. In this short amount of time she became very clingy. (i.e dropped her outside intrests, wanted all of my time, etc..) Needless to say, I dumped her a$$. 2 days later I go to drop off the stuff that she left at my place and her roommate handed me an envolope with a note written on it. During this two and a half month period she suggested going to some shows and asked if I would be interested in going to two of them. I said sure at the time not knowing that the shows were in december. (mighty ambitious on her part) She bought the tickets. The envolpe with the note contained the tickets and said "will you reimburse me for your tickets $124". She is hurt and angry that I dumped her. I was under the impression that she would have paid for the tickets had we gone together.

What would you do?

tomyv

Don Juan
Reaction score
been there too

I had almost the same thing happen. Had a girl I went out with like 4 times suprise me with concert tickets. Then I dumped her. I just kept the tickets, she said she didnt' want them, and there was no way I was paying for them.

Oscar Wilde

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Laugh.

Tell her she's gotta be kidding.

Tell her you want your 10 weeks of life back - once she reimburses you for that she'll get her cash.

Or just tell her roommate to pass on the message "Don't be so bloody stupid".

Chewy Bagel

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Did you sign a contract? Geez. She needs to get on with her life and take someone else.

If you did say you would pay for the tickets, and you knew she had already bought them, then you should buy them from her and take someone else.

Otherwise, if there was no discussion of payment for the tix, and she invited you, then you have no obligation to pay for them.

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Give her the cash unless you can sell the tickets. you have some responsibility in all of this - like asking her when the concert was.

Leykis

Don Juan
Reaction score
My responsibility!

How about hers. If she had let the true needy, emotionally unstable self come out eairlier it would have saved me a ton of cash and time.

I'm sorry, but I would never make plans 5 months in advance when I was seeing a chick for only a couple of months. Its this type of behavior that got her a$$ dumped!

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by NewMan
Give her the cash unless you can sell the tickets. you have some responsibility in all of this - like asking her when the concert was.
It really depends on your conscience. It would be nice to buy your tickets and it could make you feel like a good guy.

However, it's not necessary for you to do so since she took it upon herself to buy the tickets and they were technically a gift.
The only thing that I wouldn't do would be going to the concert without reimbursing her.

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, you're 26, you should know what to do based on the situation. Follow your gut feeling. If I were you, I get both tickets and use it for myself (if I like the show). Pay her and take another girl with you to the show. With this, you can "close the chapter" and have an excuse to take a new girl out.

BobbDobbs

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with OddTech. You are under no legal obligation, but on the other hand, this is a relatively quick and inexpensive way to psychologically end the relationship with this girl, putting the guilt back on her. Personally I'd spring for the $124 and then never think of her again.

Leykis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just for clarification...

She only wants to give me one of the two tickets for each show. This is useless to me. This is a jab at me because she feels I screwed her over and that is why she wants me to pay. I am going to tell her to keep the tickets and take an AFC who puts up with this type of BS.

hmmm...maybe Newman would like to go!

Knicknack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Leykis

She only wants to give me one of the two tickets for each show. This is useless to me. This is a jab at me because she feels I screwed her over and that is why she wants me to pay. I am going to tell her to keep the tickets and take an AFC who puts up with this type of BS.

oh that changes everything. 1 ticket? what a b|tch... i'd tell her to fvck off.

OddTech

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Leykis

damn, what a pain! I retract my previous post. Tell her to keep the tickets.

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Laugh.

Tell her she's gotta be kidding.

Tell her you want your 10 weeks of life back - once she reimburses you for that she'll get her cash.[/B]

Good one Oscar I agree completely. I wouldn't give her sh!t. Just stay away from that chick. She Sounds Nuckin Futs.

Originally posted by NewMan

[/QUOTE]

You have got to be kidding me :rolleyes: You don't owe her sh!t. She can still use the tickets.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by princelydeeds

You have got to be kidding me :rolleyes: You don't owe her sh!t. She can still use the tickets.
Yeah, she does have another friend she could could take, doesn't she? ;)

Cesare Cardinali

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm really surprised by the type of advice being offered here.

You have to keep in mind that women are emotional creatures and when emotions and logic are in conflict, emotions will always win out. You guys are talking about contracts and whether he "owes" her anything or not; and that is just not the point. You guys are talking logic....

She likes him a lot and she is hurt. This is not about the $124 or about whether he owes her the money.

The true mark of a ladiesman is that he loves women and leaves them in a better position that when he found them. That means controlling the breakup situation so that women feel better about having known you and been with you. And that does involve setting aside what is logically "right" and doing what is emotionally right.

Leykis, she likes you a lot, she didn't do anything wrong here except express her feelings for you in a way that revealed her clingy/low self esteem self. So you booted her. No problem. But she is not a bad person and should not be punished for liking you more than you like her.

Your attempt at making her out to be a bad person are just petty ways for you to feel better about treating her like crap in this situation.

Originally posted by Leykis:

My responsibility! How about hers. If she had let the true needy, emotionally unstable self come out eairlier it would have saved me a ton of cash and time. I'm sorry, but I would never make plans 5 months in advance when I was seeing a chick for only a couple of months. Its this type of behavior that got her a$$ dumped!
This is just your way to alleviate your own guilt at treating her like sh*t and screwing her over in this tickets situation.

Also, if you were planning to attend these concerts and planning to have her pay for you (i.e. they were a gift from her to you as your claim) then doesn't that indicate that you guys were more serious than you are now letting on?

You guys had a serious relationship for 10 weeks, you left stuff at her place, you shared time together, and she started to care for you. It wasn't a one night stand, so why are you blaimming her and acting like she did something horrible to you where you now want your 10 weeks back?

Did she cheat on you? Did she steal from you? Did she give you an STD? Come on dude. She likes you way more than you like her and she planned an event 5 months into the future and got booted. What is so terrible about that?

Quite frankly, any successful ladiesman will have tons of women getting clingy and emotionally attached. It's all part of playing the game. Don't hate them and treat them like sh*t because of it.

That type of anger on your part indicates that you are probably not 100% sure of your decision to dump her and are perhaps trying to convince YOURSELF that she is a LSE b*tch who deserves to be booted.

Dude, you're 26, be a man and either buy back ALL the tickets and take another chic or buy back YOUR tickets and then either sell it or give it to one of your chick friends or attend the event yourself.

You don't HAVE to do it legally, but it is the right thing to do, and on the plus side, it would help ensure that in the eyes of her chick friends, you're a stand up guy and not some prick. So at least you look good in the eyes of her friends and don't ruin your reputation there. And who knows, the next girl you plow may be one of her pals.

Finally, for all you guys talking about contracts and whether he owes her anything, consider that if a guy purchases an engagement ring for a chick and she accepts, then there IS a contract. If they break up, then by law she has to return the ring to him.

Similarly, Leykis aggreed to attend the concerts WITH HER, so there was a "contract" for him to attend. If he now says he does not want to attend he broke the contract and should do something to compensate her. Obviously, this is not legally binding, but it's just some food for thought.

princelydeeds

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cesare Cardinali
I'm really surprised by the type of advice being offered here.
The true mark of a ladiesman is that he loves women and leaves them in a better position that when he found them. That means controlling the breakup situation so that women feel better about having known you and been with you. And that does involve setting aside what is logically "right" and doing what is emotionally right.
Where is that written? You do realise that is your opinion (which you are entitled too) don't try to pass it off as fact. Its nice that you feel that way, but just cause thats your logic, doesn't mean that anyone else should share those sentiments. In fact I totally disagree, why is it right for him to give her money back? She should not have boughthte tickets so early. She will learn her lesson and to me thats more valuable than anythign.

Dude, you're 26, be a man and either buy back ALL the tickets and take another chic or buy back YOUR tickets and then either sell it or give it to one of your chick friends or attend the event yourself.

You don't HAVE to do it legally, but it is the right thing to do, and on the plus side, it would help ensure that in the eyes of her chick friends, you're a stand up guy and not some prick. So at least you look good in the eyes of her friends and don't ruin your reputation there. And who knows, the next girl you plow may be one of her pals.
What does buying the tickets back have to do with being a man? She obviously wants to go to the show, she can still use the tickets with someone else. I don't understand how paying for the tickets is the right thing to do. Why should he care what her friends think? Its his life and money if he doesn't want to buy the tickets he doesnt have to buy the tickets and he certainly isn't evil or bad for not giving in to her demands. He doesnt owe her anything. They were togerther now they're not bottom line.

DIESEL

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Finally, for all you guys talking about contracts and whether he owes her anything, consider that if a guy purchases an engagement ring for a chick and she accepts, then there IS a contract. If they break up, then by law she has to return the ring to him.
This is wrong. In most jurisdictions the engagement ring is merely a "promise" to marry that does not rise to the level of "contract", which is why people can stiff each other at the altar and usually not be liable for any of the costs incurred by the other party. By law, she only has to return the ring if: a) she is doing the jilting, and/or b) he asks for it back.

Similarly, Leykis aggreed to attend the concerts WITH HER, so there was a "contract" for him to attend. If he now says he does not want to attend he broke the contract and should do something to compensate her. Obviously, this is not legally binding, but it's just some food for thought.
Once again, this is the same premise as the engagement ring hypothetical. Most courts would probably hold that there is no contract, that once again, the exchange was merely a promise to attend, and not binding, given the fact that courts would not want to enforce such a decision because it would be against public policy (i.e. forcing ex-lovers to do something together even after the relationship is over b/c she detrimentally relied - by buying the tickets - on his promise, especially given the fact that the relationship was so young... )

However, she can try a promissory estoppel argument to bolster her breach of contract argument. I.e., she could say that by Leykis making the promise, he should have known that she would probably buy the tickets, and then she indeed bought the tickets to her financial detriment, and therefore she should be entitled to compensation.

Thus, the courts will probably deny an argument by the girl for money damages due to the public policy issues discussed above, and the fact that the promise by Leykis does not rise to the level of contract. An equitable solution would probably be the court asking girl to take someone else instead. In the odd event that the girl did succeed for money damages for a breach of contract she would probably only get $62 for Leykis' ticket, not the full $124 since she manifested an intention to attend the concert independently.

D, who is still apparently in bar-exam mode. :D

Ledoyen

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Go with her to the show, then get back to your place. F*ck her brains out, then throw her shoes out the door and tell her to follow her shoes.!

Led