ex girlfriend dating another guy.

JLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I know there's nothing I can do about it obviously. But it still sucks.

This isn't a thread on how I can "get her back" or how i can "piss her off" etc. etc.

Just kind of a way for me to vent my frustration. It's kind of embarassing because everyone in my class joked about how she was going to leave me for him, and then she actually DID. They joked about this because me and this guy look very much alike (as in people often confuse us for each other.)

It just sucks. Nothing I can do but do my best to forget about it I guess.

I'm basically just a guy in need of some encouragement I suppose. Got any tips?

Hakuna

Don Juan
Reaction score
Focus on your own life. Being single and having your girlfriend leave you is sometimes the best thing that can happen to you. It makes you realize how much more you have to go to become a truly confident guy, and how dependent you are on a relationship for happiness. It really shows you all the things you need to work on and gives you a chance to improve yourself in ways you never would've bothered to otherwise.

Set short term goals for yourself so you have something else to focus on besides your ex. Talk to AS MANY other girls as you can and try and expand your social circle as much as possible.

JLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Hakuna, that's just the response I needed. I appreciate it. You are right.

Romjuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
chances of an ex "coming back" are always very slim, especially if she dates another guy. the only way, and i do mean THE ONLY way getting your ex back, in your situation is to not let it phase you. You do not contact her at all. anytime you see her in class or around campus have the mentality of " she can do whatever the f**k she wants, it doesnt bother me..my life is great with or without her." be social around other girls. Girls can not stand the fact of an ex living better without them. it will take months, maybe she comes back, maybe she doesnt either way you start feeling better and also she starts wondering why you are living better without her. its tough to do all this so you almost need to fake it at first then eventually it becomes second nature. keep postive and know that she looks like an idiot for dating someone that looks exactly like their ex.

JLW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks Romjuan, but I do not want to get my ex back. I understand that it would never work out between us.

But even though you know you can't get back together with an ex, it still is painful to know she's boning some other guy. Know what I'm saying?

Romjuan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
JLW said:
Thanks Romjuan, but I do not want to get my ex back. I understand that it would never work out between us.

But even though you know you can't get back together with an ex, it still is painful to know she's boning some other guy. Know what I'm saying?

ive been there and i know exactly how your feeling. i went through this same problem a year ago. I cant recomend anything other than informing you what helped me. my story is that a year ago my gf of two years broke up with me for xxxxx reason (not important). i found out two months later she had a boyfriend so obviously she was having sex with him. It killed me. i was majorly hurt she could do this soo soon. in addition to that, i cant explain it but for some reason i liked to put myself through more pain by picturing them having sex. its like i wanted to feel sorry for myself. so i decided i needed to make a move for myself.

the first thing i did, which im sure everyone on the site would disagree with, was i got myself a "fake girlfriend." im pretty social so i started spinning 3 plates. i took the best prospect of the three and basically made her my gf. by that i mean i did everything i would normally do with a gf but i did it with this one girl without "officially"making her my gf. hung out with her 3-4 days a week, movies, dinner, sleep over the whole 9. the funny and ironic thing is i was not attracted to her nor did i like her. this helped me so much because it made me feel more validated to myself, like i can get a girl if i want to too. it really took my mind off my ex and boosted my ego drastically. i want to reitterate, i was not attracted to this girl. anyway, i dated her for two months then i felt better and left her. it was a real di*k move because i used her, but i made sure i didnt lead her on.
find whatever works for you, but this worked for me. also i bookmarked these threads onto my cell phone and whenever i began to think about my ex i read them.

http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?t=150874
http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34509

Kailex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
JLW said:
Just kind of a way for me to vent my frustration. It's kind of embarassing because everyone in my class joked about how she was going to leave me for him, and then she actually DID. They joked about this because me and this guy look very much alike (as in people often confuse us for each other.)

It just sucks. Nothing I can do but do my best to forget about it I guess.

I'm basically just a guy in need of some encouragement I suppose. Got any tips?
She is HIS problem now. You should be thanking him (not literally).