EX gf of 8 yrs wants to be Facebook friend.

XR 600

Don Juan
Reaction score
Split up in Jan. because of me not wanting to get married again,not meeting her needs,etc.She wants to come over,pick up a few things she left here,also asked to be fb freinds.Im trying to move on from her,not sure if i want to see her name frequently,etc. What do you guys think? Thanks.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you're trying to move on then don't friend her. In fact get off FB altogether.

HeadLightsOn

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would definitely NOT FB friend her at all. Sorry, but I see that as a chump move. At the very least if you have recently split up after 8 loooong years, I would simply avoid much contact at all.

Think about who is going to benefit from this new ex 'friendship.' If you feel needy and pissed that you broke up it'll be you that benefits. What are her motives for wanting to be chums??

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
XR 600 said:
Split up in Jan. because of me not wanting to get married again,not meeting her needs,etc.She wants to come over,pick up a few things she left here,also asked to be fb freinds.Im trying to move on from her,not sure if i want to see her name frequently,etc. What do you guys think? Thanks.
If she was your ex 8 years ago, then sure. But recently? Forget it.

If she wants her 5hit back, throw it in a box and drop it on her doorstep. Failing that, mail it to her in a parcel. It might cost a bit of cash, but you can't put a price on a successful recovery.

plate's_empty

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Desdinova said:
If she was your ex 8 years ago, then sure. But recently? Forget it.

If she wants her 5hit back, throw it in a box and drop it on her doorstep. Failing that, mail it to her in a parcel. It might cost a bit of cash, but you can't put a price on a successful recovery.
Yeah, this ^^^^^. Don't try to set something up with her to come pick it up. She'll agree to a time but then realize after she picks up her sh1t there will be nothing left connecting you too so she'll flake. Then of course, she has a reason to contact you again and talk about another time to meet and what's new with you and blah blah. Drop her sh1t off on her doorstep, send her a text saying you did so... and then peace out. Go ghost. Best way.