Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Ex g/f, Oneitus, Sentimentality?

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have a question I fully dont understand about my self

My ex g/f (broke up about 1 year ago) and I had a really fun and seemingly great relationship (until she moved away)

we used to talk on the fone for hours, laugh, and all that great relationship blah blah

but even today, every song, item in a store, anything reminds me of her, and I miss our friendship (I accept the relationship is over due to our distance, but I really like her as a friend)

maybe Im just too sentimental. Even tho I call, email etc, she seems to have lost any interest in me as a person, and never returns my calls, emails.

my question is, even if you have a good friendship with a guy/gal, once the relationship has ended, why does the girl seem to think the friendship has ended also?

Maybe she is just a cold hearted byatch with no sense of sentimentality, or maybe Im stuck in oneitus?

I really dont want anything more from this woman, than her friendship that we had

but it seems like I made more of it, than she did

Ive had ex g/f's in the past that I reconnected with that always said "You know how hard it was not to call you? I just thought it was awkward"

are there just some girls who erase you from memory once a relationship ends? and why do some people (me) cling on to these friendships, while the other person clearly doesnt care?

any thoughts wouklld be appreciated.

uniassign

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
are there just some girls who erase you from memory once a relationship ends? and why do some people (me) cling on to these friendships, while the other person clearly doesnt care?

any thoughts wouklld be appreciated.

Because you have one-itis.

If you are seeing other girls, you would not be thinking about this particular girl.

You are hanging onto the memories because you have no other girls to think about. Think about it, if you were having fun with a girl who is just as witty, smart, charming as your ex but TEN TIMES HOTTER, would you be thinking about your ex?

Don't worry, we have all been there before. Just go out and f&*ked/date ten other chicks.

coldcoal

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't believe this is one-itus at all. You've said you don't want her back. I believe you are ready again for a relationship with a woman that reaches or exceeds what you had with this girl.

Not a damn thing wrong with that. Women you've been with lately just don't measure up to that?
You're ok as far as I'm concerned. Go find yourself a good one...

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by ManOMan
Even tho I call, email etc, she seems to have lost any interest in me as a person, and never returns my calls, emails.
Stop doing this... simple as that. Put your time and energy into someone else.

ManOMan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
to be honest, I have been dating alot of girls (thanks to this site, with helping me grab a hold of my balls)

I even had to cut back on my dating, because its getting waay to expensive

but like I said, I dont have any romantic interest in this ex, just miss our friendship (dont you people have any male or female friends that you lost contact with?)

but my question is this, do women equate friendship wth just romantic involvement? I feel as if women are one-dimensional sometimes, like as soon as the romantic spark is dead, they feel as if its pointless to carry on a friendship?

I have resolved never to contact this ex again (and Ive been good for like 3 months), but Im just trying to learn the dynamics here